.:6:. ~Bret's POV~

The woman whom I expected to be Desdemona's mother led me up the stairs and pointed to a white door before going back down the stairs. Even though I had said I was coming here I hadn't gotten here straight away. I knocked on the door and heard Des mutter.

"If it's her, she's dead." She opened the door and looked completely shocked as she stared up at me. "Bret? What are you-" She cut off and shut her eyes. "Hell." She growled. My lips went into a thin line and she went to slam the door but I stuck my foot out.

"She didn't send me here." Des's face changed. "But yes that's what I'm here about." She sighed, but for some reason let me in.

"What made you come here? Did she say something?" She was trying to hide the fact that she really was interested.

"The look on her face when she said she pissed you off." I had never seen someone look that guilty.

"Let me guess. Guilt." Des sat down on her bed and I studied her room. It was painted a faint red and she had a whole lot of posters of different bands everywhere. "She always blames herself for everything."

"Except this time it was my fault." I muttered.

"And partly hers too for flirting back." Des added which made my stomach flip at the thought that she was flirting with me.

"How did she get those scars?" Des's head flipped straight up at that question and she stood up. Her mouth was open.

"I don't know what you're talking about!" I knew she did though.

"I saw them and she didn't know that they were showing."

"What did she do?"

"She tried to get me to drop the subject but I wouldn't so she... distracted me." With what she had said about Des liking me I wouldn't say that she kissed me unless I was asked specifically.

"She's bad at quick thinking what did she do?" My lips went into a thin line.

"She kissed me." Des scoffed and started walking around the room. "She hated it after though and told me you like me and that's why she felt so bad." Des froze and didn't look at me. I looked past her and saw the books on her bookshelf. They were... Werewolf books?! "I'm sorry I should just-" I pointed behind me.

"Wait!" She sighed. "Drake doesn't even know because he will go ape shit." I held my breath. "Trent knows though..." She shook her head and took out a werewolf book and my heart sped up. Des sat down on her bed and I sat down next to her. Des opened the book and took out a picture. There were two little kids and a woman. One with blonde hair and the other had jet black short, shaggy hair. I recognised her immediately as Angel. The blonde had to be Desdemona then. "That's me, Angel and my mother." The pages in which the photo had been in showed a scetched drawing of a werewolf. "Her mother left a few years before I met her. You'll probably think I'm crazy but her mother..." Her eyes were fixed to the sketch of the wolf and I already knew deep down where she was going with this.

"I believe you." I muttered and she looked up at me shocked but frowning.

"How? I didn't even..."

"I'm..." I trailed off and she frowned at me. "Trent..." She stood up straight away. "Wait! I'm not a rogue! I'm not a bad guy! I won't hurt you!"

"How will I know that for sure?!" She almost shrieked.

"Because! The same reason Trent would never hurt you." I sighed. "The same reason we fought..." Des sat back down. "We both believe Angel to be our... Mate." Her eyebrows rose and she flicked through her book and stopped.

"Oh..." She looked back up at me. "Which one of you really is?" I shrugged.

"We both have no idea. He believes himself to be and I believe I am." Especially after she kissed me... "She's the only one who can tell us."

"You can't tell her you're a werewolf." I frowned. "Her mother left them both when she was eight. Her father... Blames her for her mother leaving because she was a werewolf and she said being a mother was too stifling for her. Angel's father blamed Angel and Angel blamed herself." I started getting pissed and my hands curled into fists. I let out a low growl as I looked away from Des out the window. She grabbed my wrist before recoiling. "Wow. You're really heated." I looked down at my wrist and realised that the book looked like it had been home made and not printed.

"Where did you get the book and sketches?"

"Angel drew them to help deal with remembering her mother and I helped her put them all into here." I held my hand out towards the book and she reluctantly gave it to me. I flicked through and there were parts that weren't put in but I was interested more in the sketches. Most were black and white but a few had other colours. One made me freeze and my heart swelled as I looked horrified. "That's the other reason she hates werewolves." Des muttered and I looked at the black and white sketch of a werewolf tearing apart an animal. Bright red was splattered across the sketch. A lot of red. Des barked laughter but it was forced. "Would you like to know how she was when she beat someone up who was bullying me?" I looked up at Desdemona very interested. "She was ten." My eyes widened and I looked back down at the picture.

"Is that how you became friends with her?"

"She didn't even want to know me back then apparently." I gave the book back to Des and she opened to a page that I recognised as the page she had opened in the first place and slid the photo back in. It took me a while but I realised what she had said.

"Doesn't she live with her father?" Des's eyes avoided mine.

"I was so angry I forgot about her and her father and she would have gone straight home..." She put her hands to her head and got up to walk in circles.

"She's at Trent's and is staying there overnight." Des nodded slowly.

"I should go over there." She started towards her door and I could hear her going down the stairs as I walked over towards all her werewolven books. She came back up. "Dammit. I forgot we had no car." She muttered as she came back in. I pulled out a book and flipped through it. "Hello?" She spoke impatiently while waving a hand in front of my face. I glared up at her. "Jeez. I was just trying to talk to you." I pulled out my phone and sent Angel one last message.

"Looks like Des might forgive you..." I sent it to her smiling at my phone slightly knowing that she had given me her number.

"Thanks. So much." My heart leapt in my chest at that before I realised she was with Trent. She was probably kissing him right now... I let out a low growl and the inner wolf inside of me wanted to rip Trent's throat out and shred his tongue into a thousand pieces.

The main reason I didn't was the fact that he could be her true mate and it would hurt her if he died.

I wanted so bad to be the only one for her.

**All Rights Reserved**