.:7:. ~Trent's POV~

Sunlight was streaming in through my window onto Angel's face as she still slept. My back was protesting that she had got the bed while I slept on the floor but the wolf in me didn't mind.

He would do anything for her. I would even let him. I could smell her soft and calming scent near me and I was instantly happier than ever. At least until I smelt his scent. I stood up and stretched my back quietly before looking at the door to hear a knock on it. I opened it and glared straight at Bret. I hated him being around her because he was more like her than I was and he could possibly be her mate. I seriously didn't want him to be.

"Um... Hey." I was surprised that the pierced freak was even trying to be nice to me. I stepped to the side knowing he wanted to see Angel as much as I hated it. His eyes moved to her before he smiled and I growled quietly at him.

"What do you want?" I snarled at him and his eyes finally left her and looked at me.

"I have some stuff from Des." He bit his lip as he looked back to her and I was through with him looking like that at her. She was mine right now and I hoped he knew it. I wasn't going to put up with him if he didn't. He moved next to the bed and I watched as he put a shirt down on my bedside table. As he passed in front of her sunlight she made a soft noise and I knew she'd opened her eyes.

"What are you doing here Bret?" She yawned after her sentence and I chuckled.

"Des said you might want to wear your favourite shirt today. She was wondering if you could go over her house at some point today." She lifted an arm up and rubbed at her eyes. I froze when his eyes drifted to her arms. "Are you okay?" She quickly put her arm back under the blankets and nodded. She yawned widely and Bret smiled down at her which caused me to growl at him again. She rolled over and the bruise on her left cheek showed which made Bret stiffen and glare at me. I watched her as she looked up at me sleepily before laughing quietly.

"How was the floor?" I walked over and kissed her cheek. Feeling the slight tingling at being in contact with her and as I pulled away I saw her sleeping again. Bret was watching me curiously.

"What? She's my mate." I whispered snapping at him and he raised his eyebrow.

"We don't know that for sure..." He was right but I didn't want him to be her mate. Never. "For all we know I could be her mate. I am more like her after all." I found it weird how he referred to it as him being her mate and not the other way around. Maybe it was the fact that he was from a different pack to me... I was always told that it was a weaker pack. I had never actually believed it of course. I looked at his leather jacket and the cockiness that just radiated off him in waves. I watched as he played with the piercing on his lip.

"Are you going to leave now?" I asked impatiently and he glared at me before storming out of the room. I heard him murmur a word that made my blood boil.

"Asswipe."

**All Rights Reserved**