.:36:. ~Angel's POV~

I was sitting down playing with my ice cream.

"So. What are you going to do about Des?" I asked smirking at his hard expression as I ate some ice cream.

"Nothing. She doesn't like me." He looked defeated as he said that and I actually felt really sorry for him. "I guess I know how Bret feels." He muttered which made me freeze.

"That was low." I growled and his eyes widened.

"I didn't mean it like that- I- We feel worse than our mates feel and I-" He sighed. "Shit." I stood up but he took my arm in his hand which made me stop in my tracks completely. "I'm sorry Angel I shouldn't have said it." I pulled my arm out of his grip.

"I'm going to go get a drink." I murmured before walking off. It really was low for him to even bring that up. It was bad enough I couldn't sleep but making me think about him caused me to feel hollow and empty. I growled and kicked a concrete pillar ignoring the sting. I ran both hands through my hair before walking straight to a shop with a drink that I wanted. Someone stood behind me and I could feel their hot breath down my neck.

"Good to see you again." I froze instantaneously at the sound of Hunter's voice. I took a step away and smiled as I took my drink.

"Piss off." I growled turning to look at him. He took a step towards me which I matched by taking a step back.

"You don't have to be wary of me." He said and his eyes softened which shocked me and made my mouth open in shock. Before I could say anything – if I could say anything – Drew stormed up and punched him in the face. I gasped at Drew's anger.

"Drew! Don't!" I grabbed Drew's arm as he pulled it back and I had no idea why at all. He tried to pull out of my grip but I held on firmly.

"Angel-"

"Please." I felt him stiffen at that. "Don't cause any trouble." My voice was soft and Drew sighed which only then did I let go of his arm. "Come on." Drew sighed again before following me.

"I'm sorry Angel."

"Don't be." I shrugged and he groaned.

"I really need to back down no matter how fun it is to see Hunter with a bleeding nose."

I frowned at him.

"Shut it and sleep on the bed!" I yelled at him.

"No! I'll sleep on the floor!"

"Drew you goddamn son of a bitch-!"

"ANGEL!" I stopped hearing Des's mother scream at the fact that I had swore. I scoffed before turning back to Drew.

"Bed." I growled quietly but he just shook his head. I knocked him onto the floor and stayed on top of him as I pinned his arms down. "Bed." I growled out again and he had a look of surprise on his face. He rolled us over trying to in me but I moved again causing me to be on top and him to be pinned again. "Stop fighting and go to bed."

I growled out and he tried to shift out from under me again but I pushed his arms down harder. "I beat you now you will sleep in the bed and I'll be on the floor." He glared at me as he tried to fight back. "Stop fighting and just give in." My eyes widened at what I said. "Okay I just sounded like a rapist." He started laughing and I got up off him and pointed to the bed. He growled slightly and I put a pillow down on the floor. "I'm still going to kill you for taking so long in that shop." I muttered which lightened the mood.

"Yeah. Yeah." He murmured dismissively as I picked up my pj's and headed towards the bathroom to get changed. I tied my hair up and wiped all of my makeup of before flinching at the giant dark circles underneath my eyes. As I walked out Drew was basically on the very edge of sleep. I was wearing a singlet and boxer shorts that had pandas on them. Stupid? No. Cute? Adorable. I laid down and got comfortable.

I woke up gasping for air again and Drew jumped as well. He looked down at me confused and tears started seeping into my eyes as I ran for the bathroom. I took deep breaths as I tried to calm myself down and not go out of control so much that I cried hopelessly. As soon as my breathing was under control I walked back out and Drew was looking at me funny. His eyes raked over me and I could bet he wondered where I got my scars and how. I let my hair out and shook it.

"Well. I'm not going to get any sleep again." I muttered as I walked over to my cupboard thing. "You better go to sleep though." I heard him grunt. I looked at the glinting metal before shutting it.

"What are you doing?" He asked as I started rifling through my drawers.

"I need air. I'm going for a run."

"I'll come." I turned around to see that he had no shirt on again but I just shook my head.

"I'll be fine." He didn't look convinced. "I can run faster than you can in human form. I think I'll be able to run away if anything happens." He let out a low noise.

"Fine. If you see Hunter. Don't kill him. I'd like to." I laughed lightly and picked up my switchblade as I headed into the bathroom. I got changed as fast as I could and came out as I put my switchblade into my pocket. He was asleep already and I opened my door before shutting it behind me and heading blindly down the dim hallway. I got to the door I wanted and stepped in before heading down the stairs. As soon as I felt the cool breeze touch my face I started jogging quickly.

As soon as I hit the trees I started out in a run. I could feel the wind hitting my face causing my hair to move about wildly. I stopped as soon as I had started at a clearing when I had felt someone following me. I looked in the direction of a twig snapping before rolling as a werewolf leapt at me from the opposite side from the noise. I stood up straight when I turned to look at the female wolf. I had a very strong feeling I knew who this was. Charlotte.

"You really think you scare me Charlotte?" I asked taking my switchblade out of my pocket and her eyes darted to it before she raised her shackles defensively. She made a low warning growl and I changed my stance. "You're not the only werewolf to try to kill me but go ahead." She started running at me and I flicked my blade out as I ducked and hit her back foot causing her to howl. She had been jumping at me of course.

I turned back to her quickly and she snarled again but I had already seen her limp. The next thing I knew there was a back in front of me as the person snarled at her. I was completely shocked. Charlotte ran off and the person turned to me. "You have got to be kidding me Hunter." I ran my free hand through my hair. "I did not need 'saving'." I quoted the word saving and Hunter was still watching me.

"She was going to kill you." I rolled my eyes as I scoffed.

"I knew exactly what was going on. I'm not an idiot."

"You were good." He said moving closer to me and I was way too angered to say anything. "Even though you look exhausted." He ran his hand along my face and I froze. Hunter started to move it but I could his wrist and threw his whole hand away before turning and running as fast as I could. "Angel!" I could hear him run after me and I heard him swear. I saw Des's house up ahead and pushed myself to run faster until I was inside.

I headed straight for the secret back entrance and headed up the stairs. I went into the hallway and quietly headed straight for my room. I opened it and saw the last thing I ever wanted to see. Drew making out with Des. I stifled a gag as I shut the door quietly and I had no idea where to go so I went in Des's room and started reading her books.

**All Rights Reserved**