.:56:. ~Angel's POV~

"Are we all going to go home at the same time or something?" I asked looking over at Hunter.

"Nah. Des and I are gonna grab a taxi whenever we want to go home and Hunter will hopefully drive you."

"What do you mean hop-"

"He doesn't mean anything by it." Des interrupted me and Hunter snorted which made me snap my head back towards him.

"I'm confused."

"Drew wasn't thinking." Des spoke quickly and I frowned looking out of the window. He meant something by it and they for some reason didn't want me to know. I felt a warm hand rest on my leg.

"Hey. You okay?" I nodded continuing to stare out the window. "I can see you frowning Angel." I rolled my eyes and heard him chuckle slightly. I let out a small squeak noise as his hand tightened slightly around my thigh throwing me off guard. I turned to him glaring and he smiled. "Had to do something to get you to look at me." I rolled my eyes again.

"Yeah but you probably enjoyed it." I muttered turning to look back out of the window.

"Maybe."

"Hands off of her." Drew growled out and I didn't even bother turning around.

"I'll wait until she says it. I have a feeling she enjoys the banter." Hunter was right. He may piss me off sometimes but it was fun to get under his skin as well.

"Keep your hands off of her tonight. Or you will regret it."

"I think I'll regret not having my hands on her." Hunter said playfully and I scoffed before his voice turned serious. "Especially if guys keep staring at her like they do at school because I'm not there by her side glaring at them to back off." I frowned slightly at that before keeping my face neutral. Before I knew it we were at the school and Hunter got out of his side of the car. I blinked all thoughts away as he opened the door for me surprising me a bit.

"Sorry. I was thinking about something..." He held out his hand and I frowned again before taking it. He pulled me up swiftly and my hands flew up before they rested on his chest as I stumbled on him. "Sorry." I mumbled and he liftedmy head up.

"Angel. Don't be sorry." He kissed my lips and I kissed him back straight away. Hunter's hands rested behind my lower back lightly pushing me closer to him.

"I said hands off Hunter." Drew growled and I broke away from Hunter before staring down at my hands. I took a step out of his arms and Hunter was glaring in Drew's direction. I took Hunter's hand and he looked back down at me.

"Don't worry about him. Let's go." Hunter let go of my hand giving one last glared at Drew before leading me forward with his hand on the small of my back.

"The lip gloss tastes good." I laughed and looked down at my feet.

"Look out it might be changing the colour of your lips." Hunter faltered in his steps for second and I giggled.

"That wasn't funny."

"No but it was true." I turned to him and Drew growled slightly.

"Keep walking." He ordered and I rolled my eyes but I did start walking again.

"Yes mother." I spoke sarcastically.

"Where's your mother again?" Drew fired back and I stopped completely in my steps turning my hands into fists. I was taking deep breaths as I turned to Drew.

"Don't you dare-!"

"Angel!" Des interrupted me but I took a closer step to Drew getting in his face while I glared at him.

"I swear if you ever use her against me again you will regret it dog boy." I spat out and Drew took a step back but I took another one forward.

"I'm not a dog boy!" Des stepped in front of me pushing Drew back a little further.

"Angel. Calm down. He didn't mean anything by it." I snorted and felt someone's warm arms wrap around my waist.

"Hey. Hey, it's okay. Drew's an idiot. Come on." He un-wrapped his arms and took my hand. "You're supposed to enjoy tonight." I let him pull me as I followed him. We walked down a hallway and I knew we were taking a longer route to the hall.

"I shouldn't have called him a dog boy... I just hate people using her against me." Hunter stopped in his tracks and I stared at the ground. He brushed my hair out of my face and I slowly turned my gaze up in his direction. His unruly hair looked really good but his eyes were the things gaining my attention, drawing me in like an idea flowing to paper. I was tempted to go draw his eyes but I resisted the urge for now.

"Your temper is one of the things that make you amazing Angel. Don't worry. He probably knows you don't really mean it." I shook my head but he forced my head up without hurting me of course. "I always tell the truth to you Angel. Please believe me." There was that word again. He bent down a little and his lips were near mine. I shut my eyes knowing what was coming next but unfortunately someone else had better ideas.

"Keep your hands off my mate." My eyelids flew open and I turned around to look up at Bret who was leaning on the handrail that Drew and I had been at when I had a little fun causing Hunter to be covered in little pink sparkles. And oil. "You look gorgeous in that dress." I growled slightly before grabbing Hunter's hands and towing him after me.

"Go to a party she said. You'll have fun." I snorted after whispering that to myself. "If only Des was right."

"Wait! Angel! No you don't understand!" I heard him hurrying down stairs but kept on going forward. "Wait! Angel!" Hunter chuckled slightly. We got close to the hall and I could no longer hear Bret calling after me.

"You can slow down now Angel." I stopped and ran my hands through my hair before flinching when I got caught on a bobby pin.

"Ow!"

"Here. I'll help you." He stepped up to me and lightly pulled my hands out safely before fixing my hair as best as he could. "That better?"

"Just remind me not to go near Drew or Bret and I'll be fine!" I spoke sarcastically before groaning. "I hate drama." Hunter chuckled before kissing the side of my head.

"Can we go in?"

"Yeah. I need something to drink." He looked down at me knowing exactly what I was talking about. "I'm okay with my alcohol most of the time. That was just once." In that week. I kept telling the truth and just leaving out all the unnecessary details. He took my hand leading me in and I gulped nervously but no one turned and saw us. I saw the drinks table near us. "Oh thank god." I mumbled staring up at the sky.

"Stressed?" I heard a husky voice say from my right as he took a long drag out of a cigarette.

"Luke." Hunter spoke a little threateningly and the Luke person's gaze automatically moved to him.

"I didn't notice you Hunter. I apologise." His jaw had clenched when he said that he apologised. Hunter led me away and I didn't dare turn back.

"I think I need a drink too. What do you want? Wine? Ch-"

"Beer. I'm not a fancy girl if that isn't obvious enough already." Hunter chuckled and handed me a beer after taking the lid off.

"And thank god for that." He kissed the side of my head again and a small smile spread across my face.

"Angel! There you are! Come dance!" Des said happily hurrying up in my direction. I started shaking my head but she took my beer off of me and handed it to Hunter.

"Hey." She grabbed both my arms but I dug my heels in which is harder than you think in high heeled shoes. I got one of my hands free. I took a large swig of mine before kissing Hunter on the lips and whispering to him. "I'm going to get out of this as soon as I can." He smiled.

"Take as long as you like." I groaned as Des started pulling me away.

"No Des." I said as Des whispered something to me before we both looked straight at Hunter. She seriously wanted me to make out with him in front of all these people?! I'm not a big fan of roaming eyes.