.:29:. ~Bret's POV~

I stared as Charlotte gripped my arm to comfort me. I ripped it out.

"No." My Dad was lying on the ground dead and I wanted it not to be true. I wanted this night to never have happened. I had lost Angel because she hated what I was and now I lost my very own father.

"Bret."

"Let go of me!" I snapped and stormed away down towards my room. My head was reeling as I walked down the carpeted hallway until I got to my room and slammed my door letting out a yell. I grabbed a lamp and threw it at the wall not even bothering to watch it smash before I tore up my room angrily. I threw other things across my room.

"Bret!" I heard banging on my door and I heaved in air noticing that I hadn't even been breathing. It took me a while before I realised it was Drew.

"Fuck off!" I yelled throwing my other lamp at the door.

"FINE!"

"FINE!" I screamed back. As soon as I heard his footsteps storm away I wished he had stayed. I turned to my window as I could smell Charlotte walk past my doorway. My thought changed to when I picked Angel up she cimbed straight out of her window. It looked easy enough and I really needed to get out. I opened it quietly and looked down. I hated that I had lost them both was all I thought about as I growled and jumped out of my window.

I let out a whimper as I landed on my ankle odd but I ran into the trees surrounding my house. I pulled off my clothes before changing and picking them up into my mouth. I ran straight on all my paws wanting to get to Angel and just see her once. I wanted her to forgive me and let me just stay the night so I could figure things out. My inner wolf was howling wanting just to get to her and see if she was okay.

I stopped behind the edge of the trees with my heart beating fast at seeing her room lit up by the moonlight. I couldn't wait to see her as I changed back into my human form and got dressed. I silently headed towards the back of the house looking for the metal and smiling slightly when I saw it. I hurried up the stairs as quietly as I could while jumping with excitement at seeing her soon. As I got to her door though I stopped hearing her having an argument with of all people to be in her room. Drew.

"The topic of Bret is going to come up sooner or later." I watched as she sighed.

"I don't want anything to do with him."

"His father just had a heart attack." I watched silently as she froze and I had no idea what he was doing.

"What does that have to do with me?"

"He needs someone to be there for him." I watched as she looked down at the dog tag around her neck and ripped it off.

"I'm not that person who's going to go running to him if that's what you're getting at." She said throwing him the dog tag. I felt myself freeze. She just tore the necklace off and threw it at him like she never wanted to even look at it anymore.

"Did he tell you that you might be his mate?" Angel turned around and glared at him. I wanted to kill him for just telling her that.

"There is no way in hell that I'm that."

"If you're not his then you're Trent's."

"I know how mates work and I can tell you I'm stubborn enough to be able to live my whole life without one. I don't care which one it is I'm not going to forgive either of them and I do believe I told you never to speak to me again." I started walking away from her door having nothing at all to even think.

She didn't want me and I felt stupid for just coming here thinking that she would have just forgiven me. I hurried down the stairs and out onto the grass. I headed straight for the trees wanting just to wake up from this terrible nightmare. I snarled as I changed back into my werewolf and just ran.

**All Rights Reserved**