20 ~ But Monster!

Inline comments please

Nandini's pov

I woke up the next day, the day of my performance, not by Navya's bell but by the loud noise from my phone.

I took it to my ears and said "Hello" in a sleepy voice

"Get up Panipuri it's already ten,isn't this your performance day?" Monster's sexy voice made me comfortable but his words 'it's already ten' hit me and I threw the duvet away and was out of bed in a second

"Oh My God I'm damn late" I frowned

"Yeah you're" I could say he found that amusing

"Thanks for waking me up." I said nonchalantly

"Most welcome chickenpie" He was smirking at the other end

Oh his names list were never ending.I rolled my eyes.

"So how was your last night party? " He asked curiosity underling his words

Last night reminded me of Manik.The proximity,the dance,his voice close to my ears,the way he complimented my hotness, the kiss on the nape of my neck plus the accidental kiss on his cheeks.

Oh My God!

The kiss made me still feel shivers down my spine.It literally took my sleep.I kept tossing and turning all night and it was in early morning I found sleep.

"Hey Panipuri are you there?"Monster's voice broke my train of thoughts

"Umm what were you saying?"

"How was your last night party?" He repeated

Obviously it was fantastic but I couldn't give him details right? I don't wanna hurt him by taking Manik's name.

But something was wrong.I kept him in dark. Was I cheating on him? Heck I didn't even know he considered me as his girlfriend or not.So from where does that cheating come from? If it wasn't cheating but still it was wrong.Even as a friend he should know everything about me. Ironically I didn't know anything about him.And another problem was that should I tell him or not? Oh Nandini stop overthinking!

"Yeah pretty good." I smiled as if he could see me

"And didn't your friends came over there?"

I knew where was this going.

"Zack wasn't there" I stated

"Manik?" his voice was high pitched

Oh God was he jealous? But why? It wasn't like I was dating Manik. Yeah I liked him and got attracted towards him. But did my attraction go over the board? Was it turning into obsession?

"Err yeah he was there. " I said in a low voice

"Oh great then anyways I gotta go.Wish you luck for your performance." He hung up

What was wrong with him? Why didn't he let me talk about Manik.A mere mention and the lines goes dead. Of course I wouldn't give him details but atleast we could talk a more.

I did my morning rituals,went downstairs grabbed a muffin and took my keys and drove to school.

The school was buzzing with activity. The cultural fest made people too engrossed in their individual works.I parked the car and walked towards the entrance.

"You're late" I saw Manik jogging towards me.

"Yeah got sleepy." I half smiled

"Are you fine?" He looked into my eyes