Epilogue

EPILOGUE PUBLISHED ON 18TH APRIL 2020!

Welcome to the last part of YAMFAA 💕

Inline comments are ♥️

Nandini's pov

When I'm not there,
Promise me you'll remember our first Dm!

When I'm not there,
Promise me you'll remember our first meet!

When I'm not there,
Promise me you'll remember our first kiss!

When I'm not there,
Promise me you'll remember our first breakup!

When I'm not there,
Promise me you'll remember our first reunion!

When I'm not there,
Promise me you'll remember our first date!

When I'm not there,
Promise me you'll remember our first love making!

When I'm not there,
Promise me you'll remember the day you lost me!

When I'm not there,
Promise me you'll remain strong!

When I'm not there,
Promise me you'll not cry!

When I'm not there,
Promise me you'll love me forever!

When I'm not there,
Promise me you'll remember me always with a smile on your lips!

As I read those lines, hot tears brimmed up in my eyes and coursed down my cheeks. How could he say that? How could he think I'll stay strong if something happened to him? No way he just can't leave me like that!

The moment he had sent this direct message ten years ago my heart broke down. I was in the college submitting our forms when I had received such a heart wrenching dm. I boarded the train and returned to the hospital that very night. After being shot by Zack, Manik nearly succumbed hadn't the police and the ambulance came on time. The bullet had barely missed his heart. Ten days of him being unconscious turned me into a living corpse.

Worst happened when after fifteen days the doctor announced that he went into coma. I still remember how broken I was. Navya, Tyler, Bella, and Cabir never left my side. It was their joint coercion that forced me to submit the college forms in Stanford University, California. I had taken environmental science while he was interested in music. We had so many dreams about our college life and future but his one dm shattered all rays of my hope.

"Mumma why are you crying?" The voice of my three year old baby girl Mishika broke my chain of the disturbing thoughts.

"Just nothing honey!" I wiped away my tears and hugged her tight.

"Dad will not come!" She uttered in her baby voice and ran away in the next instant in her cute sinchan pajamas.

"She is right her dad will not come!" Navya barged in and occupied the corner of my bed.

"I just can't believe Nanz, it's your anniversary and there's no clue where he is. If Manik had been here---" She stopped with a frown etched on her face and peeped into my dairy.

"Seriously you're still reading this even after a decade. Nandini life has changed, you've a baby now just move on from this piece of message." She crossed her hands over her chest.

This Navya had changed, how could she ask me to move on from such beautiful though sad memories?

"What if Manik had been here? Huh?" A male voice startled both of us.