39 ~ I know you will!

Inline comments are love❤️

Nandini's pov

The car pulled into the driveway of a small, simple and cute American home. I hopped off the car and stood there taking in the view at my front. Well, I thought he might be living in a mansion given his affluent lifestyle, but this simple house had my heart. Actually I preferred living in small houses where I wouldn't have to run miles to reach the door.

The two-storey house looked cute with stoned exterior wall framing, truss roofs, front and rear porches along with a front entry garage

The two-storey house looked cute with stoned exterior wall framing, truss roofs, front and rear porches along with a front entry garage. Fencing guarded the small yet beautiful garden from all the sides.

"It's aint big as you thought right?" Manik leaned against the car and smirked.

Always a mind reader!

"How could you read my mind always?" I furrowed my brows.

"It's just written on your face!" He laughed out.

"Really? Then how could you understand when we used to chat in our dms?" I pouted.

"Intelligence you see!" He laughed again and I poked his ribs.

"Ow Easy Girl!"

"Won't you invite me in?" He nodded and unlocked the door.

"You make yourself comfortable while I park the car in the garage."

I nodded and tiptoed as if my feet would smear dust over the wooden floor.The interiors were painted in black with some abstract painting lining the walls. A regular sized window opened towards the left side of the main door. A couch along with a recliner towards the left, a glass table at the center rested in the living room. A LED screen stuck to the wall lining the inside of the garage.Opposite to it, stood the open kitchen island that had three dining chairs placed near it. The kitchen was a miniature version of a modular kitchen. Next to the kitchen was the stairs that winded up towards two rooms while one other room was just below the stairs.

I made myself comfortable on the black couch which had some black cushions piled up along its sides.

Why is everything black?

"Hey Nanz gotta order some pizzas!" Manik entered throwing the keys up and down until he hung them on the wall behind the TV.

"No pizzas Manik!"

"Why not?" He asked jogging towards the fridge.

"You just came from the hospital, you just can't have junk food now." I protested.

"Nandini please don't be my mommy!" He laughed and guzzled down the water while I watched his Adam's apple bobbing up and down.

"Manik no means no! If your mom had been alive would she let you do this?" He straightened up and turned his back towards me. I sensed tension in the air.