41~ Your treasures are mine babe!

Yessss finally we're a 100k + family. Yeaieee 112k at the moment. Thank you all so much for the love and support extended to this work of mine. This is my first work to reach 100k within a short time. It was just 46k reads in chapter 29 and look just 11 chapters and bam it's 112k🙈🙈. All this is possible just because of my efforts and of course your support. So keep on supporting me and who knows we'll cross 200k one day!

Now read but warning mature content gonna come. If you don't want to read skip it but no negativity allowed.

Inline comments are ❤️

Nandini's pov

"Nanz hurry up! Guests are about to come and remember we need to change as well." Navya yelled from the kitchen counter where she was preparing some Indian delicacies, courtsey youtube.

"Navu relax thirty minutes is still there. Have you talked to the Pandit ji?" I asked while hanging the hand woven dupattas in the hallway.

"Shit I need to video call him so that he is on time on Skype for the Lakshmi pooja." Navya literally slapped her head.

"Okay you go and contact him. I'm done with these. How does it look?" Navya craned her neck to see and her eyes widened with excitement.

"Wow beautiful decoration! Flowers, dupattas, lights everything looks amazing. Good job Nanz!" She blew a flying kiss to me.

"Yes I did this alone and look how the boys ditched us after helping us initially. Seriously Rob, Zack and Manik ran away to get ready? I am telling you they're worst than girls." I rolled my eyes.

"Maybe someone wants to impress someone." She wiggled her eyebrows.

"Come on as far as I know Manik he'll be in his usual ripped jeans and tee. I don't expect him to wear Indian tonight." I raised my hands in air.

"Let's see how does he show up!" she stirred the sweet syrup. "Nanz can you just add the gulab jamuns until I make a call to the priest?"

I nodded and held the spatula to stir the syrup. It was almost done so I added the fried balls that's called gulab jamun into the sweet syrup and made my way upstairs to my room.

"Navu I'm gonna change. See you soon!" I yelled hoping she would hear me.

I washed my face and grabbed the wrapped the gift that I gifted myself this diwali from my own salary, yeah I know it was just what I earned from the part time job at coffee shop but savings do help at times, right? It was delivered to me last week.

These three weeks had been hectic with lots of homework and study hours. Mid terms were closer so I had to work hard. Manik and I had a smooth time where we got to know each other more. His likes and dislikes helped me to know him more closely.

One thing I observed that he didn't show to the world what he really was. You could call him mysterious. Like no one knew that he was a good singer who sang mostly at the hour of the dead. His love for black was beyond obsession. When I asked why does he loves black he just waved me off saying it's his favourite colour since childhood.

I wanted to know about his childhood, his parents but he wasn't comfortable in sharing so I didn't push him. I would wait until he feels the need to do so. In a nutshell I learnt the basic facts about him and that was enough for me to love my moody boyfriend.

Well, a secret regarding his mood swings he never left a chance to romance me. Like everywhere we used to sneak out to taste our lips almost everyday. There had been hardly a day when we hadn't kissed ten times a day. Cheesy right? But now I understand why Navya and Mark always played tonsil tennis because until you do it yourself you would never know how extremely good you feel when you taste your love every now and then.