22 ~ Hey Monster!

Hey guys its 21k+ reads. I seriously can't believe this.Thank you all for this love to my book.I'm. grateful to y'all.

Inline comments please

"Hey Monster!" I managed to utter

And then he turned, his eyes fixed on the phone.It was dark since there was a power cut and I couldn't see his face and then a spark of lightening lit his face.

I was shocked that would be an understatement.

My mouth was hung low and my eyes popped out of my sockets. I stood there like my feet has been swallowed by the damp earth and I couldn't stretch a bit out of the shock.

A hand closed my jaw and I stiffened

"Close your mouth Panipuri otherwise flies will get into your stupid mouth."

I hissed at the choice of his words. Anger rose through my veins and in the next moment he held his left cheek with his left hand.

Yes I slapped him hard and I did not regret it.

"What the hell Panipuri?" He yelled back

"How could you do this to me? Huh? Do you know what I have been through these past days? " I hit him at his chest

"Stop hitting me" he tried to catch hold of my hand

"Why would I?" I smacked him harder this time

"L-Listen we can talk okay." He held my hand now

I looked away from him.

"Nan----" He held me by my shoulders

"You are such a monster Manik!" I looked straight into his chocolate brown orbs.

He smiled.

Yes it was the smile that I craved for.

Yes the monster was no one else than the jerk Manik Malhotra.The corner of my lips curved but at the same time a lone tear escaped my eyes.

"Hey-hey why are you crying?" he wiped away my tear with the pad of his thumb.

I was still mad at him. I jerked his hand away and pushed him away.

Shit I forgot he was standing at the edge of the lake.With my push he started falling backwards.

I took no time when I grasped his hand into mine and it represented the cliché scene of the romantic movies where the guy saves the girl from falling. The only exception was that instead of the boy the girl was holding the boy's hand.

I pulled him towards me and he straightened himself.

"Damn you're no less than a wild cat"

"What you called me a wild cat?"

"Yes I did" He chuckled

"Manik I'll kill you!" I snorted

"Cool down Hitler Girl!" He raised his hands in the air

Yes his nicknames were back.

Thank you Aiyappa. I don't know what would I do if the monster and Manik wasn't the same.

I heaved a sigh looking up to the sky. The drizzle hadn't stopped yet.

I found his arms resting on my shoulder. I looked down and then he lifted my chin up with his index finger.

"I am sorry Nandini"

Aww!!

He was looking damn cute.One month back if someone would say this jerk,this monster would apologize to me, I would have slapped that person on his face. But look, here he was standing in his green hoodie almost looking like a monster but with a sorry face.