34 ~ Get off her you prick!

Thank y'all for the love and support.Enjoy this chapter and do read the author's note at the end!

Inline comments please

Darkness

ˈdɑːknəs/

noun

noun: darkness; plural noun: darknesses

1 The partial or total absence of light.

'the office was in darkness'

1.1 Night.

'they began to make camp before darkness fell."

1.2 The quality of being dark in colour.

'the darkness of his jacket'

2 Wickedness or evil.

'the forces of darkness'

2.1 Unhappiness or gloom.

'moments of darkness were rare'

2.2 Secrecy or mystery.

'they drew a veil of darkness across the proceedings'

2.3 Lack of spiritual or intellectual enlightenment; ignorance.

'his accomplishments shone in a world of darkness'

Manik's Pov

Darkness means different for different individuals. Most people are scared of it. But I'm not scared because it's the only companion that loves me like a shadow loves a body.It has been following me for the last seven years and dude I've no complaints.

Darkness is the weapon I wield in the darkness of the diabolic world when I don't know how to carry a light.

One such day a tiny streak of light shined upon the darkness I breathe.I saw her sitting on the bench with her back towards me.Her mindless giggling reverbated in the calm surroundings of the hills.I didn't know when my legs took me to her.

Alas! She had already gone.I retreated sadly without having a chance to see the girl beyond that beautiful laughter.But hey my fate had something different stored for me. I didn't return alone but with something special that reconnected me with her.

I scrolled through her instagram to get a single view of that angelic voice, yes she sings as well, but didn't get anything except some silly fan girl edits of some stupid couple of Indian Television.I sent her a direct message.And there began our story with a direct message.

One day I decided to meet her in person,not with the nickname she knew but with my real identity.I wanted to assure myself of one thing if she would like me in reality or not.

Holy spirit of darkness!

She liked me in fact she was falling for me.The first kiss we shared on the pier of the East Lake was testimony to her feelings.

She wanted to meet me and I wanted to surprise her with my little secret. We met,we kissed and that was the moment I realized we were not meant to be.

Darkness and light follows each other but they are not meant to exist together. One has to leave to make way for another.

She is an innocent soul and can't thrive with my darkness. She would perhaps leave me some day or the other. So I pushed her away. Apparently it saved her from the suffering.

Did pushing her away help me?

Nah! Never!

Here I found myself in a club having booze and girls as my partners.I grabbed a blonde and kissed her hungrily just to shake that girl off my head.It had helped me in the past but this time it was kinda hard to move on.