Chapter 2 (meeting the Kwamies)

Today was the day I needed to go to school.  I was nervous to say the least.  I never really had a lot of contact with kids my age since coming to Paris.  I went to the bathroom, put on a f/c shirt with a white pair of leggings and a black long skirt on top of it.  I brushed my h/l h/c out.  I looked at the box.  I picked it up.  "Okay, today is that day I see what you are."  I said to myself.  I opened the box.  Inside was a necklace.

 A yin and yang charm was placed neatly in the center.  I had just picked up the charm when two glowing orbs floated out of nowhere.  I half screamed.  "Woah, easy there girl."  A voice said.  "Yeah, we kinda need our ears."  A second one said.  I looked at the orbs. I saw two little floating wolves.  One was white with icey blue eyes, the other was black with dark blue eyes.  "W-What are you?"  I asked.  "I'm Yin."  The white one said.  "And I'm Yang!"  The other one said.  "We're your kwamies.  We can help you fight and help other people who have a kwami too."  Yin said.  I half nodded.  Yang picked up the necklace.

"We're brother and sister."  He said dropping the necklace in my lap.  I nodded, automatically putting the necklace on. They both looked at me strangely.  "What?"  I said.  "Usually we have to tell our new holder to put their  miraculous (is that spelled right?) on."  Yang said.  Yin nodded.  I stood up and straightened my skirt.  "When you need to change you can say one of three things."  Yin said.  "For me it's 'Yin, Let's light.'  For Yang it's 'Yang, Let's darken.  For both of us, if you have to you have to say 'Yin, Yang, combine."  Yin said.  Yang nodded.

"To go to normal with my sister say 'Yin, dim it down'.  For me it's 'Yang, daylight'.  If you have both us us at once just say 'time to decombine!'.  Yang said.  I nodded.  "Got it."  I said.  They explained how to summon my special attack, if I use it then I have only five minutes until I de-transform.  Yin gave me a whip and Yang gave me a small sword.  If I had both I could use one or the other, or even both.  "After you use us, no matter how long.  You need to give us something to eat.  It heals us and gives us energy to transform again."  Yin added.  "You'll already have your weapon when you transform."  Yang said.  I nodded.  

There was a knock on the door.  "That's Sam!"  I said.  I grabbed my backpack.  "Wait, where do I hide you two?"  I said softly.  "We go in your backpack, or anything that hides us.  If someone sees us, we'll get taken away and you'll get your memory wiped."  They said in sync.  I opened my backpack, both of them jumping in.  I grabbed the schedule and map.  I opened to door, Sam was waiting there silently.  "Were you just talking to someone?"  He asked.  I shook my head.  "Just myself.  Nerves, that's all."  I lied.  Sam nodded.  "I'll show you the way to  school today but you'll have to find it on your own after that."  He said.  I nodded.  I followed Sam, feeling every movement in my backpack.  We stopped when the school was just down the street.  "This is where our ways part Y/N.  I hope your day goes well."  Sam said.  "Same here.  Thank you Sam, for everything.  I know it must have been a pain watching me all these years."  I said.  

Sam smiled.  "It has been a pleasure."  He said.  Sam turned and walked away.  I looked back to the school and walked to the yard.  I heard my backpack unzip slightly.  I brought it in front of me.  "Wow, this place is huge!"  Yang said.  "Shh."  I told them.  "Sorry Y/n."  Yin said.  "It's okay, just give me a warning next time!"  I said.  "Hey!  New girl!"  A voice called.  I zipped my backpack up and looked around.  A girl with glasses was jogging over.  "You look like a Ladybug fan.  Are you?"  She asked.  "A fan of a ladybug?"  I said, tilting my head slightly.  "No, not A ladybug.  THE Ladybug!  You know, she works with Chat noir to save all of Paris from Hawkmoth and the akumatized people he creates."  She said.  "Yo dudette.  Chill out a bit."  A voice said.  The girl groaned.  

"Stay out of this Nino!"  The girl screamed.  A boy backed away, his hands up.  "I'm sorry, I don't know who Ladybug or Chat noir are."  I said, hoping my voice didn't crack.  "I'm new to this school I grew up sort of distant from everything else."  I said.  The girls face softened. "Oh, that makes sense.  Well my names Ayla.  What's yours?"  She said.  I gulped.  "Y/n."  I said.  Ayla smiled.  "Come on, I'll introduce you to everyone."  Ayla said.  

She grabbed my hand and practically dragged me to where a few other people were standing.  One of them stood out to me.  He had dirty blonde hair and bright green eyes.  I gulped.  "Hi guys!  This is Y/N."  Ayla said.  She pointed to everyone.  "That's Nino, that's Nathaniel, and that's Adrien."  She said.  I half smiled.  Someone pushed me out of the way.  "Adrikins, I'm having a party and I want you to come."  A blonde said.  I could tell she was a bully.  Adrien looked uncomfortable.  "I don't know if I'll be able to Chloe (how is it spelled?).  But I'll tell you if I can."  He pulled a fake smile.  The girl frowned.  "Ok, tell me if you can!"  She turned and bumped into me again.  "Hey!  Watch it!"  She said.  I held back a small growl.  The girl stormed off.  "Sorry about Chloe.  She's a total pain.  But she's the mayors daughter."  The one I think Nino is said.  I nodded.  "It's ok.  I've dealt with worse anyways.  I'm tougher then I look."  I said, trying to sound braver than I felt.  A bell rang.  "Here let me see your schedule, we might have someone of the same classes."  Adrien said.  

I nodded and dug the paper out of my backpack.  I felt Yin, or maybe it was Yang, trying to pull the paper back.  I took it out.  "Here it is."  I said holding it out.  Adrien smiled.  "We have almost all the same classes.  That'll give you an easier time getting used to a routine."  He smiled, handing me my paper back.  "We have to go!"  Ayla said.  I followed them to a class room.  The teacher held me in the front.  "Ok class, today we have a new student.  This is her first time on a public school.  I hope you remember how your first day went, so help her out if she needs it."  The teacher, Mrs. Kandy, said.  I stepped out a little more.  "Go on.  Tell everyone a little about yourself."  The teacher said.  I gulped and nodded.  I took a deep breath.  

"Hi, my name is Y/N L/N.  I've been here for nine years but this is my first time in a public school.  If I seem a little quite, I'm probably just thinking about something.  Maybe a little nudge to keep me focused?  I'm sure this can be a chance to get to know everyone."  I said.  I gave a fake smile and found the only open seat.  Somehow, it was next to Adrien.  I tried not to look at him.  Mrs. Kandy started a lesson I knew a lot about.  Sam always brought me library books to read.  I read a lot of history books.  I started to zone out.  "Y/N, Do you know the answer?  Don't be embarrassed if you don't."  The teacher said.  I sat up.  "FDR was the only president to serve four terms."  I said clearly.  The teacher nodded.  "Good, have you taken this class before?"  Mrs. Kandy asked.  I shook my head.  "No, I just read a lot."  I said, a snicker made me blush slightly.  "Miss Chloe.  That is rude.  You are staying after school for an hour."  There was near silent laugh.  I looked to see Adrien holding back a laugh.  I half smiled.  Adrien met my eyes.  His near emerald eyes were adorable.  No, what is going on?  Y/N you barley know this guy.  Cool it.  I told myself.