Chapter 42 (back in the ER)

Your POV

I have been here for a few hours.  At least, it felt like it had been that long.  I was laying down on a hospital bed yet again. The IV tube felt unneeded.  Apparently, I had to go through surgery. The ‘fall’ that had broken my leg had caused the bone to splinter.  The ‘fall’ as the doctors accepted it as, must have been down the sewage lane, since the bone broke so much. (In Animan, where the crocodiles where most of the time.)  I told them I had been walking around for get some air when I tripped and fell down there.  I looked at my phone. The new f/c and s/f/c case glistened. The Chat noir bead stared back at me.  I reached over slowly. I grabbed my phone and turned it on. It had been off again, my fatal flaw back at work.  I checked to see if I had any messages. Ayla had texted me. ‘Where are you?’ She had sent. I didn’t know what to put.  ‘It’s hard to explain.’ I sent, to put simply. Ayla must have been on her phone because she replied back quickly. ‘What happened at the pier?’  She asked. ‘You were knocked out by an akumatized person. Chat noir and I went to see if we could find you. Chat triggered a cage to fall but he didn’t hear it.  I pushed him away but got stuck inside of it instead of him.' I sent it.

'Chat and Ladybug fought the akuma.  I had de transformed after getting out of the cage.  I couldn’t transform again and had to hide in a storage unit until I knew they were completely distracted and wouldn't see me.’  I sent. I took a breath. ‘The cage fell on my leg.’ I added. Ayla sent a surprised face. ‘You’re in the hospital?’ Ayla asked.  ‘Yeah. I tried to get as far away from there as I could. You’ll never guess who found me.’ I sent. ‘Adrien?’ Ayla guessed. ‘Nope.’  I sent. ‘Marri?’ Ayla tried. ‘Give up?’ I asked. Ayla sent a ‘…’ I smiled. ‘Chloe.’ I sent. ‘She was coming back from her favorite store, apparently: there was some huge sale.’  I sent as an explanation. Ayla took a while to reply. ‘Adrien just called asking if I had seen you. What should I say?’ She sent. ‘Just tell him where I am. The doctors think I fell down the sewage lane.  The cage completely splintered my leg.’ I said. ‘Okay.’ Ayla sent. It showed she went offline. I went off and went to my gallery. I clicked on the photo of Ladybug, Chat noir and I.

I was in my black and white suit, using both Yin and Yang.  It was the battle where, yet again, the villain was mad at Chloe.  Stephanie had been akumatized when Chloe had launched paint at her by accident.  I just about had fallen asleep when I heard something I didn’t recognize. I opened my eyes slowly.  I could just make out a floating shape. I opened my eyes all the way. “Wayzz?” I asked, sitting up.  “Hello y/n.” The turtle kwami greeted me. I looked around. “What are you doing here? What if someone sees you?”  I said. Wayzz nodded. “Master Fu wanted me to tell you that Chat noir, Rena Rouge and Ladybug need you, y/n.” Wayzz said.  Yin and Yang woke up. “Wayzz?” Yang asked, still half asleep. “Y/n, you have to help. They need you, all three of you.” Wayzz said.  I nodded. “But I can’t. I can barely stand.” I explained. I was due to get a cast in the morning as well. Everything started the shift and blur.  “Wayzz? Wayzz!” I said getting off the bed. Everything blurred completely. I shot up in a white bed. It was only just a dream? That was the first dream that didn’t involve an actual fight.  “Careful sweetie. Whatever your dream was about, it wasn’t real.” A voice said. I looked around, it was a nurse.

Right… I had gotten the cast not long after I recovered from surgery.  I looked at my phone. Nobody had called but Ayla, and that was a while ago.  I closed my eyes and leaned my head back. I wasn’t even allowed to get off the bed without help.  I couldn’t even go to the bathroom without someone at the door. That meant I couldn’t talk to Yin and Yang very much, or at all, since someone was in the room at almost all times.  I sighed and closed my eyes. The door opened again. There was a hushed whisper. I pretended not to hear it. The nurse laughed, but shushed herself. I heard the door open all the way.  (Btw, you have been at the hospital for a full week now, I just didn’t want to put another time skip message)

A/n. Hey guys.  Sorry this chapter is shorter.  But it's been a while and I thought you would be able to give some feedback on something.

What do you guys think?  I did not draw these myself.  Heh... Not that good.  So my S.O. drew these for our one month anniversary but said he couldn't draw!  What even!