Chapter 60 (someone found out...)

Your POV

The father had Kayla and Thomas stand next to me under the awning and out of the rain.  I had an idea. I bent down to the sibling’s level. “That’s cute.” The father commented, snapping a picture.  There was one with just me and Kayla, and then one with me and Thomas. As the father was thanking me, Kayla ran to the car and grabbed something.  She tripped running back. I went over to her and helped her stand up. “You okay?” I asked softly. Kayla had a huge smile on her face. She had the magazine in her hand.  She’d somehow been able to find a pen. “You want me to sign it for you?” I asked. Kayla nodded enthusiastically. I signed the cover with ‘Keep your head held high and you can do anything.  Never let anyone bring you down. You are your own alpha.  Y/n l/n. ✨’  I handed both things back to Kayla, who grinned.  Thomas had walked over. “Come on guys. We don’t want to keep y/n out in the rain much longer.  She has very important things to get done.” He father uttered from near the car. Kayla left to get into the car.  “I know it’s you.” Thomas said. I froze. “You know what’s me?” I asked, as if I didn’t know what he meant. Thomas looked at his father and sister.  “I know you saved me. You’re Starfire.” He said, like he knew I was faking. I swallowed, looking at the father discreetly. “You have to promise not to tell anyone, not even your sister or mother.  If you do, they could be put in serious danger.” I explained. “Do you understand?” I added. Thomas nodded. “Nobody.” He said, mimicking a motion that zipped his lips shut and locking it before throwing the key away.  I half smiled. “Okay. Now go back to your father. Just think about telling your friends who you met tonight. You have to make sure you don’t say ‘Starfire,’ got it?” I said. Thomas nodded, turned, and walked back to his father.  I waved as the car drove off before going inside the complex. The manager was in and his eyes landed on me only a few seconds after I stepped inside. “Miss l/n, do you need a warm towel?” He suggested quickly. “No thank you Happy. I’ll just change upstairs.”  I said, already walking towards the steps. “A-are you sure miss? I wouldn’t want you to catch the cold.” The manager asked. I half laughed.

“It’s ‘catch a cold’ and yes, I’m perfectly sure.  Thank you away way Happy.” I repeated. When I got to the door, I found out my keys were inside.  I sighed. Hopefully b/n was home. I knocked on the door, taking a step back. There was the sound of something dropping and then someone shushing someone else.  The door was unlocked and something was swung at me. I half yelped and ducked, not avoiding whatever the thing was completely. It just managed to hit my shoulder, it stung but didn’t hurt all that much.  I lost my balance, typical, and hit the floor. An older man was standing in the doorway with a metal bat. He had e/c eyes and short-cropped brown hair (if your hair is brown, change it to a different color.  Same thing with this woman’s eyes ->).  I could just about see a woman behind him.  She had long h/c hair that flowed loosely around her shoulders and bright blue eyes.  Her eyes that were filled with fear and… worry? “What are you doing knocking on this door at two in the d*m morning?”  The man yelled, he sounded sober, yet, not at the same time. I pushed myself half a foot back. “S-Sorry. I t-thought this was m-my apartment.”  I stuttered. The woman put her hand on the man’s shoulder. “F/n, it’s okay.” She said softly. The woman looked at me, something flashed across her expression that I didn’t recognize.  Why did her voice sound so familiar, but not at the same time? The woman stepped around the man, who had to be her boyfriend or husband since I could see that they had both gold rings. The woman knelt down, offering me her hand.  I hesitated before taking it. The woman helped me up and saying, “Where are your parents? Shouldn’t they be with you?” I half swallowed. “I just live with my brother. I swore this was the apartment we live in. I’ll check the floor number again, my apologies.”  I said, turning and walking away. I tried to go as fast as I could, without trying to look scared. I hadn’t felt very scared of another human being, that wasn’t akumatized or had some sort of actually harmful weapon, in so long. It wasn’t something I wanted to feel very often.  “N/n?” A voice asked from behind me. I stopped, turned around slowly, and saw b/n standing right next to the woman and the man.

I turned around completely.  The woman moved one hand to cover her mouth, I swore I saw tears in her eyes.  “B/n, w-where did you come from?” I asked, taking half a step forward. B/n looked at the door.  “The apartment, where else?” He replied, motioning to the door. So it was our apartment. “Then why were these two people inside?”  I questioned. B/n looked confused. “Don’t you remember them y/n?” He asked. I looked at the woman, and then the man. They looked familiar, but in the kind of way that didn’t make sense.  B/n walked over and stood a few feet from me. “You really don’t recognize them?” He asked, repeating the same question in a different way. I shook my head. “No, I don’t. B/n what’s going on?”  I replied. B/n sighed. The man looked mad. “It’s not her m/n. I told you, she is dead.” He said in a very angry tone. The woman glared at him. “It’s her f/n. I know she’s our little girl.” She growled.  Her voice sounded so familiar, but I could only place it now.

(This will be in Nobodies POV.  It’s a flashback.)

M/n walked into a room that was a soft pink.  Toys were scattered around the room, making it seem even smaller than it already was.  A soft giggle was heard from the closet. The woman stopped and looked around. “I wonder where n/n could be?”  She said in a wandering voice. The laughs were heard again. M/m walked over to the crib. “Is she under the covers?”  She asked, lifting them up. “No? How about under the bed?” She added, looking under it. The laughs were loud now, but m/n pretended not to hear them.  “I guess my little girl isn’t in here. Guess I’ll have to just lock the room and go pick up dad by myself, since b/n isn’t back yet.” She mused, walking slowly to the door.  There was a small squeal. The woman turned. A girl, about three years old, opened the closet door and ran to m/n. “There’s my little girl!” M/n half yelled, lifting the girl up.  The toddler had excited e/c eyes and short h/c hair. Her hair was just getting longer, and she was messing it up all the time already. “Don lock me in mommy!” The girl whined. The woman just chuckled and carried the girl out of the room.

(Back to the present, and your POV)

B/n looked at me in a weird way.  I realized that he had asked me something.  “What?” I asked. B/n looked back at the two people.  When had they come closer? The woman looked like the one from that vision.  In the dream I’d had, the woman had to have been my mother. So did that mean this was my mom?  Was the guy my… father? B/n half smiled. “You remembered something, didn’t you?” He asked. I half nodded.  “There was a room, it was soft pink. A lady came inside, she was playing some game with a little girl. The girl was hiding in this closet.”  I muttered softly. The woman walked closer slowly. When she reached b/n and I, she bent down slightly. I looked at her blue eyes, they locked with mine.  Tear, which had been almost falling, escaped and rolled down her cheeks. “Nearly eleven years…” The woman whispered. Eleven years? I felt tears, which I hadn’t known were forming, roll down my cheeks.  The woman half smiled. “My little girl.” She said, pulling me into a hug.