Chapter 41 (The Silver Shadow)

Your POV

I looked around. I could just make out someone's shape in the dark. A bank of fog rolled in. How was there fog inside a building... honestly: Hawkmoth needed much better ideas than this! I growled again. "When I get out of here..." I snarled. The person came right up to the cage. He looked, oddly, like the silver surfer from 'The Fantastic Four'. The fog was coming off of him, literally coming out of his clothes. I took a step back. The 'Silver Surfer' laughed.

"My name is Silver Shadow. You will hand over your miraculous Starfire. Unless you want your dear partners to meet a terrible fate, that is." He said, motioning around. The light flicked on, I was blinded by it momentarily. Rena Rouge and Chat noir were hanging upsides down, by their feet, tied to metal chains. Rena Rouge looked unconscious. Chat noir was watching me. I swallowed. "Let them go!" I growled through my teeth. Silver Shadow laughed. "Only when your miraculous is in my hands." He said. Silver Shadow reached into the cage. His hand grasped my miraculous charm and pulled slightly. I pulled away, leaning into the opposite corner, out of his immediate reach. Silver Shadow hissed. "Fine, have it your way!" He said. Silver Shadow walked away. I met Chat's eyes and swallowed once. "Yin, dim it down," I whispered. I looked at the hands. The black in my costume quickly faded to silver, it had worked! I looked up, bringing a finger to my lips. Chat nodded. I saw Yin appear. She hid in my hair. "Shadow." I said softly. I felt my form disappear. I stood up, gently putting more weight on my injured foot. I ran my sword across the cage bars twice. The hallow ringing echoed through the room. Silver Shadow turned. "Impossible!" He said. Silver Shadow went to the cage door, opened it and went in. I snuck out behind him and slipped the keys out. My thirty seconds ran out and I closed the door. Silver Shadow ran to the door and looked for his keys. I held them up for him to see. "Missing something?" I taunted him, the keys shimmered in the dim light. I took my sword out, clicking the button on the bottom. I called Ladybug.

Surprisingly, she answered pretty quickly. 'Starfire, what's wrong?' Ladybug asked. I looked around, my miraculous beeped. "Come to the pier right away: an Akuma showed up. He calls himself 'Silver Shadow'. I'm about to change back. Rena Rouge and Chat noir are already here." I said before hanging up. I walked over to Rena Rouge and cut the chains carefully. She was definitely out cold. I walked over to Chat and held the chains. "Careful mon loup, please?" He asked. I smirked and cut the chains in a single swipe, sending him down to the floor fast. "I am definitely not YOUR wolf." I laughed a little just as my miraculous beeped again. I held my charm carefully and looked around. I saw a door and ran to it, well limped more like it. It was a storage unit. I opened the door. Chat stopped me from closing it. "You can trust me, I won't tell anyone who you are, Cat's honor." He said softly. Chat brought his hand up in a mock boy scout's salute. I half-smiled. "As much as I want to, I really can't. I'm sorry Chat, it's too dangerous for us to know who each are outside of being heroes." I said, closing the door. I de transformed. The door locked from the outside. I grabbed a granola bar and gave it to Yin and Yang.

I took a breath. "That was way too close," I said, leaning against the shelves. I could tell Yin and Yang were worried. "Y/n, you can't fight with a broken leg," Yang said softly. I nodded. "I'll have to though. When Ladybug gets here, I'm the only one who can help. Rena Rouge is out cold, Chat noir has little to no idea on what he does. I know he can create fog whenever he wants, but I think I can figure out where the Akuma is hidden." I said softly back. The door handle moved slightly, someone taking their hand off it. I heard a soft 'thud'. Ladybug was here. "Where's Starfire?" She asked. I held my breath. "You can't go in. She's changed back." Chat said. I let out my breath slowly. "Starfire?" Ladybug asked through the door. I took a breath. "I'm here..." I said, hoping the door distorted my voice enough neither of them recognized it.