Chapter 55 (in the dark)

Your POV

“Bold of you to assume I was walking Ladybug.”  I said sarcastically. “I think not far west from where you guys are.  Kind of hard to tell when you can’t exactly see where everything is.” I added.  Ladybug clearly noticed that. She quickly replied, “Don’t you have night vision Starfire?”  Seriously, she could be so ‘aware’ sometimes, I swear it’s just plain annoying. “Yeah, but it’s not working.  I have to use the screen from the call being active to not trip over anything. I can’t tell if someone is down here either, I would have to either scent or hear them to know for sure.”  I answered. There was a beeping sound. I was getting another call. The first call cut off. “Hello? Rena Rouge? Ladybug?” I asked. “It seems your services have expired.” A voice spoke in a dull tone from the speaker.  I cut the call off. This didn’t seem like anything we had faced before. I tried calling Ladybug. “Sorry Draven has terminated your services, try again later.” The dull voice replied. (Draven means one who emerges from the shadows.)  That must have been the name Hawkmoth gave this person.  I heard a small laugh. “Wow, look what the cat dragged in.  Or should I say what the wolf dragged in.” The voice sneered.  I growled, looking around where the voice had come from. I could hear something, or someone, moving around.  “What do you want from me?” I growled, taking out my sword. “Oh~ the sword is out. I’m so scared.” The person taunted.  Something wrapped around my wrist holding the sword. It felt like a vine, but that didn’t make sense. Vines didn’t grow underground, or even that fast.  ‘Draven’ must have been able to control the vines. But how did they manage to cut off the signal my miraculous put out to connect to Ladybug and Rena Rouge?

“What do you want Draven?”  I growled, unsummoning my sword to try and free my wrist.  “I want Paris to be ruled by my plants, and for you to hand over your miraculous.  In exchange, I’ll make you my queen.” They said from somewhere. I growled. ‘What’s with these people and wanting me to belong to them?  I’m not an item that can be brought. Is Hawkmoth obsessed with me or something?’  I thought.  “Never! I’d rather die than give up my miraculous.”  I snarled. Draven obviously didn’t like being rejected so aggressively, because another vine grabbed my other arm.  Now my ears went back. “You’ll never get away with this!” I yelled. Maybe if I was loud enough, Ladybug or Ayla would be able to hear me.  They would be able to help me get out of this. Why do I always end up being the first one to find the akuma? Draven didn’t answer, they just laughed.  The sound echoed, like they were already walking away. I growled. This was not how I wanted people to see me. Starfire, being tied up by vines? These vines weren’t like normal ones.  It was like they were infused with some kind of metal or something that was too strong for me to break. They bent whenever I tried to snap them, but never did. My night vision was starting to fail, that meant one thing.  I was going to detransform soon, the vines must have been draining the power out of my miraculous. A scream caught my attention. “Let me go!” It echoed from down, what must have been, another tunnel. “You’re not going to defeat Chat noir, Ladybug, Rena Rouge and Starfire!  Never, they’re always win against you!” A familiar voice yelled. “Ayla…” I realized. Sh*t, Draven must have been fighting Ladybug and Ayla. Ayla must have used ‘Mirage’ and left when she was close to de transforming. Draven must have caught her after she did. Hopefully, Hawkmoth didn’t see Ayla de transform and assumed she was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.  Draven was trapping people down here, to cause panic. But there had to be another reason, causing panic was a gvkenvwigh Hawkmoth.

It was impossible to tell how long had passed.  I heard my miraculous start beeping. “Yin, let’s light up!”  I said quickly, just as I de transformed. I took a breath. Yang looked at me, I think, in a worried way.  “Y/n, you can’t give up!” He said encouragingly. My white a silver wolf ears went to the side. The whole night must have passed by now.  The screams and yells from other kids had stopped a while ago. Everyone must have been tried and scared. “I know.” I said, trying to pull free again.  More vines wrapped around my ankles. These things were stronger than I’d originally thought they were. That’s when Draven’s plan came into focus for me.  Bait… we were being used as bait. “Shoot. Draven is bringing people down here as bait to get Ladybug and Chat noir to try and free them. He’ll surprise, trap snare like this!”  I said aloud, but softly, since I guessed that the other people down here: would worry even more if they knew I was down here. “Yang, go find Chat. You've got to know who he is as a civilian.  Just find him. Tell him that we’re under the park and to watch for people being dragged under by vines or just suddenly falling through the ground. Just get him to help as soon as you can. He can use ‘Cataclysm’ to break the vines, they have to be connected to something.  If he can destroy the main source, all the vines would disintegrate along with it.” I said quickly. Yang nodded and went through the rock. It was silent for a few moments, nothing but my rough breathing was audible. “Oh, have you already realized your friends aren’t coming to help you like you believed?”