Chapter 53 (making amends)

Your POV

I took a few steps forward.  B/n seemed to have thought the same thing.  He pulled me into a light hug. I hugged him back.  “I’m so sorry n/n.” B/n whispered. I smiled. “It’s okay b/n.  I forgive you.” I answered. There was an awkward moment when the hug ended.  I saw someone had their phone out. Great, now this scene was going to be up for everyone to see and watch repeatedly.  The limousine pulled up to the curb. I sighed softly. B/n seemed to understand what that meant immediately. “You’ve been staying with him…”  He muttered. I nodded slightly. “I’ve really been fine b/n. Things have actually gotten a lot better.” I told him. B/n half smiled, nodding.  I walked over to the car. Adrien was already inside. “That wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be.” I sighed, sitting down. Adrien chuckled lightly.  “I told you he would have been worried.” He said. I nodded. “Yeah.” I allowed. It was silent for a while. I had to assume we were somewhere near halfway to Adrien’s house when car jerked to the side suddenly.

It seemed like hours passed before the car stopped completely, but it was actually only a few seconds  Adrien opened the window he was next to. “Get out and get to safety, I’ll cover you.” A voice said hurriedly.  It was Ladybug. There had been another akuma attack that was the only explanation. “Adrien, let’s get somewhere safe before something bad happens.”  I whispered hurriedly. Adrien nodded. We got out of the opposite door, pausing for a moment. Something slammed into the car. I yelped softly, turning to run somewhere that I could transform.  “I hate running in a dress.” I growled, already tripping. “This way y/n.” Adrien called. I looked around, seeing him a couple yards away. I nodded. I only ended up tripping again. “Forget this.”  I growled. I used the hair tie I still had to tie the bottom of the dress back and away from my feet. I caught up to Adrien. Of course Hawkmoth had to make someone attack today. He really had the timing for when something was inconvenient.  But why attack the car Adrien and I were in? I turned down a corner and into an alley. ‘Oh no.’  I thought.  Did Hawkmoth suspect me as Starfire?  Even if he had a hunch…

        “Shoot.”  I muttered.  Yin and Yang came out of my purse.  “What’s wrong y/n?” Yang asked. “You usually transform very quickly.”  Yin added. I shook my head. “I think that Hawkmoth might have an idea that I’m Starfire.  Why else would he send one of his victims to attack the car Adrien and I were inside?” I questioned quickly.  Yang seemed to get a weird look. “You need to transform and help y/n. Master Fu has to know about this.” He said quickly.  I nodded. “Yang, let’s darken!” I said. I jumped onto a roof and back towards where the car had been. I saw Chat noir and Ladybug facing, what looked like, a mime?  “Okay~? That’s a little weird, even for Hawkmoth.” I muttered. Why weren’t LB and Chat doing anything? Ladybug looked like she was holding something, but nothing was there.  That clicked. “He’s a mime… Whatever he pretends to be there must actually exist wherever he wants it to… it’s just invisible!” I realized. I jumped down softly, taking out my sword.

The mime seemed to notice the new presence right away.  They mimed something and seemed to put it on his shoulder.  I raised my sword. Ladybug and Chat noir moved. “Watch out!”  LB shouted. I looked back at the mime. One eye was closed, like he was aiming…  I half yelped and ducked to the side. The building behind me blew up. “The heck!?”  I growled. Chat and Ladybug met up. I made my way quickly over to them. “Must have been an RPG.”  I said, sighing slightly. “A what?” Chat noir asked, making me sigh and shake my head. “A Rocket Propelled Grenade.  It’s often used in wars to attack enemy bases from afar so that the soldiers don’t have to die destroying just one of many enemy bases.”  I explained. Chat nodded. I took a step forward, hitting something, and falling back. “Woah careful.” Chat said. I reached forward, touching what felt like a bar.  “Whatever he mimes becomes real, I think he’s the only one who can see them.” I said. The mime started making something else. Chat took a few steps back, I felt the bars disappear.  Chat ran forward just as the mime drive away, it looked weird. Chat ended up face planting. “Hey, it worked.” He said. Ladybug shook her head. “The bars disappeared when he started to mime something else.  He must only be able to do one thing at once.” She concluded. I nodded. “Like how you guys were released when he was using that RPG.” I replied.