Chapter 40 (finally got here)

Sorry for not updating this book in a while.  Trying to get back into a routine with school but I can't bring my phone with or have it during school days.

Your POV

The theater that the car pulled up to was massive.  Adrien waited for me to get out before closing the door.  The group of stylists that I had quickly, spotted me. Sam, and the ‘holy cheeseballs’ lady came over.  They led me away before I could even say ‘bye’ to Adrien. The first outfit was warm. It was some sort of decal sweater of some kind.  I didn’t even know what it was called. Gabriel's butterfly logo on the sleeve. Thankfully, hardly any makeup was needed. Adrien and I came out at almost the same time.  The main part of the theater was actually kind of chilly. I guess that would help check if the clothes worked well in the colder weather. This time, I was called up first for the pictures.  When Adrien was called to join me, things got out of hand. Instead of saying “Look more nervous.” to Adrien, the guy taking photos said “Act like you’re meeting her mother for the first time.”  Even if he probably didn’t mean anything, I turned and ran off of the stage either way. “Y/n!” Adrien called. I went out the double doors and into the first door I could see. It turned out to be a closet, just what I wanted right now.  I went in and locked the door quickly. I sat on the floor and leaned against the door. I heard footsteps jog past the door.

I let out a shaky breath.  “Y/n?” Someone asked from behind the door.  I took another breath. “Go away...” I said.  There was a small sigh. The back of my head touched the door.  (Think Of Elsa at the end of ‘Do You Wanna Build A Snowman?’)  I took a few more breaths.  I closed my eyes and stood up slowly.  I fumbled with the door’s lock and opened the door slowly.  As soon as the door opened completely, I was trapped in a hug yet again.  Adrien pulled back enough that I could breathe again. “What happened?” He asked me.  I looked away. “I never got to know my mother. I don’t remember what she even looked like.  I don’t even have a photo of them…” I said softly. Adrien nodded. I wiped the tears away. Adrien hugged me again.  I let a slow breath out. “I’m so sorry y/n. I understand you never got a chance to know your parents.” Adrien said. I nodded softly.  Natalie came out. I stepped away from Adrien instantly. Natalie looked more worried that Adrien had disappeared, it was her job to. Adrien took my hand carefully, I tried to ignore the blush I could feel burning.  The photographer was waiting.

He kept apologizing over and over again while he took photos.  I just stood there and waited for the outfit change. The last outfit, somehow, matched Adrien’s in almost every color and pattern.  I smiled at Adrien awkwardly. The photographer smiled. He took a lot of singles photos, but the last couple picture request took me completely by surprise.  “What?” I said in shock. The person wanted the last photo to be more ‘romantic’. He wanted Adrien and I to kiss, and not on the cheek. I looked at Adrien. He blushed.  Adrien and I faced each other. My cheeks heated up again. I leaned closer slowly, Adrien did the same. I closed my eyes. The camera went off like crazy. Adrien and I pulled back.  Someone clapped cheerfully. I’d forgotten Ayla was here! I was blushing like crazy until I was back in my normal clothes. Ayla was typing something when I came out. She sent whatever it was and looked up.  “Hey y/n. You okay girl?” She asked. I nodded. “Yeah, just hit a nerve.” I said quickly, swallowing once. Ayla nodded. “Wanna see the feed?” She asked. I nodded again. Ayla showed me the entire live video, I held my breath when I ran off the strange on the screen.  Even the kiss was recorded. I looked away at that part. “You two look so cute together. I know you have a thing for Adrien.” Ayla said, slightly too loud as Adrien walked over. I shh-ed Ayla. She smiled anyway. “Hey Ayla.” Adrien greeted her. Ayla greeted him back.

Ayla showed Adrien the feed.  We left together. The black car pulled up.  I waved to Ayla as Adrien and I got in. When the car pulled up to a red light, I rolled the darkly tinted window down.  It was getting warm in the car. Adrien watched me closely. “You okay y/n?” He asked. I nodded. “Yeah.” I said softly.  I took a breath. “Actually, I think I need to go for a walk.” I added. I waited to hear the door unlock and went out. I crossed the road, a car screeching to a quick stop.  “Hey, watch it!” The driver yelled out to me. “Sorry about that!” I called to them, running to the other sidewalk. I leaned against a lamppost and tried to catch my breath. I heard someone walking closer, slowly.  “Y/n? Are you okay?” A voice asked. I looked up. It was Marri. I stood up. “Yeah, I’m fine Marri. I just needed some air.” I said. Marionette looked around. “I thought you and Adrien had a photoshoot to go to?”  She asked. I nodded. “Finished a little early. Ayla posted it on her blog.” I explained. “The car was too warm for me. I was going to go for a walk.” I added. Marionette nodded. “Mind if I join you?” She asked. “Not at all.”  I said, gratefully. Marionette and I made our way to the park. At first we stopped to look at some of the stores. “Want to grab some ice cream?” I asked. “Sure.” Marri said. Marri got chocolate ice cream, I got f/f. We walked back to the park to eat them.  Nino and Nathanael walked over.