Chapter 61 (the 'end' ?)

Chapter 61 (the 'end')

(I'll make this one longer than normal so you guys can enjoy it more. This'll be the last actual chapter before I start the sequel. Hope you all enjoyed this book and I look forward to seeing you guys in the next one.)

Your POV

I half froze. It wasn't that I didn't think this was my mom, it was that I'd never let myself imagine they were alive. It took a moment, but I hugged back. "You're soaking wet! What happened?" My mom asked, pulling away slightly. I reached up and wiped some of the tears away, laughing slightly. "It's pouring outside. I was walking in the park before it started." I lied. B/n made a face, he knew I really had been on patrol. I couldn't tell my parents that, they would try to make me stay inside. I couldn't do that, not when we were close to getting a clue to who Hawkmoth was. I had realized it couldn't be b/n. Hawkmoth has a lair underground somewhere. There was no place, that b/n had to know about, that would make a good lair anywhere near the apartment complex that we lived in. Hopefully the plan Master Fu and I came up with would work and give us some clue to where Hawkmoth was, or who he was. My father, wow, it felt weird to call someone that, walked over slowly. He bent down, pulling his hand through my h/l/c hair. Men never cried, in front of anyone that is, they always wanted to be viewed as strong enough to face anything that came at them. To be able to protect their family no matter what happened. But even I could see this was never something my father had planned for. His eyes glistened with tears that were being held back. B/n had sat down, his own eyes shimmering. A shiver made its way up my spine. A single sound brought reality back. It was a sound I had heard almost eleven years ago, and when I saw b/n for the first time again. A gunshot. "All of you, keep your heads down!" A voice commanded. B/n, my mother and my father looked at the floor. 'I can't let them get hurt. Not when I've only just seen them again.' I thought.

I looked towards where the voice had come from. "I told you not to look at me!" The person demanded. My mother made me look at her. "Do what he says y/n." She pleaded. I half growled, looking back at the man and standing up slowly. "I won't hesitate to shoot you!" The person yelled. I could see that their hand was shaking very badly. "No you won't." I said, calling their bluff. Three more men came out from around the corner. That was four. "Dude! Hold up! Don't you see who that is?!" One hissed. The first man seemed to squint, and look at me again. "No way! Y/n l/n!" He said, surprised. My mother and father clearly didn't know how this man knew me. "Y/n, you need to run." My mother whispered to me, grabbing my hand gently. I growled softly, taking a step forward. "Let everyone else leave the building. I'm sure you're only doing this because you wanted hostages." I said, taking another step. The men looked at each other. One of them had another gun. They raised it and fired. The shot hit the light, making the power go out. I heard screams and the doors all along the halls opened. "Everyone get out! Before we blow all your heads off!" One of the men shouted, pointing the shotgun at them. I looked back at b/n and my parents. "Go." I mouthed to them. I saw my mother shaking her head. She stood up, taking a step closer to me. The men see this and fired another shot, this one hit the ground right next to me. "Another step and the model won't be able to stand." One hissed. I looked back at the men and then to my family. "It'll be okay. Trust me, go." I whispered. One of the men must have come up from behind me, because my arms were pulled behind my back. B/n had to help my father pull my mother since she was screaming. "No! You won't take my daughter! I won't let you!" Her screams faded away. "Now, go up those stairs to the roof." One said, poking me in the back with the gun. Everytime I slowed down or stopped, there was either another prodded push from a gun or a threat against my family. I had to find a way to stop them. But I couldn't transform, that would make people think I was Starfire. I couldn't risk that. I had to hope that Chat noir, Ladybug or Rena Rouge would come and out an end to this. Multiple times, people coming down the stairs blocked the way. They would always stop and then inch down slowly.