Chapter 38 (major backfire)

Your POV

I lifted my hand, as if I could stop the beam from hitting the doll.  The beam hit the doll and doll fell to the ground. I stood up slowly.  Nothing, I could still act as I wanted to. I lifted my hand up and turned it around.  What was different then?

“What? How are you not under my control!?” Puppeteer said, in a high pitched voice.  I growled, half smiling. Of course, that had to be why! “Looks like the doll only works if the person it’s made after, matches what the doll looks like.”  I said. Puppeteer looked confused. “You’ve got white and silver. I’ve got black and white.” I said, completely smiling now.

Chat noir took a step forward.  I raised my sword to him, as if he had any choice but do what Puppeteer wanted him to do. The Chat noir doll dropped from Puppeteer’s side. Chat noir dropped too.

I lowered my sword slightly.  Puppeteer didn’t seem to have any control over the doll any more.  I bent down next to Chat, carefully, in case this was another one of her tricks.  Puppeteer tried to make the doll move but there was no response. I summoned another sword.  I quickly turned my other sword into a whip and lashed it at Ladybug, trapping her in the coil.  Animan lunged at me but I ducked, he missed me. I grabbed the charm around his paw before he could turn, and crushed it.  

B/n ran at me. I ducked his punch and tore the watch off his wrist, breaking the strap. Sandboy came to life again. He fired his evil sand at me but I dodged it.  I changed my original sword to a whip and lashed it out to tear his pillow. Puppeteer, who had been trying to get the dolls to work, froze at the sudden burst of my attacks.

I took advantage of her hesitation to, after changing my whip to one, throw a sword at her wand.  The akuma was always hidden in the one item that the person liked having, or had an emotional tie too.  Manon loved that wand, anyone could tell that. Manon always had that wand with her. The wand hit the ground, the star on top of it broke off the stick.  The akuma flew out. I looked at Ladybug, she hadn’t moved (you released her from the whip while stopping your brother).

 I took a breath.  I walked over so I was a few feet from the akuma before it flew away.  “Daybreak.” I said quickly. I closed my eyes. I felt my feet lift off the ground slowly.  It took a few seconds, but I fell once my feet touch the ground again.

As soon as my full weight was back, I fell down.  Just figures that my horrible balance would come back completely as well.  Animan, Sandboy and Lord Disguise turned back to normal. They were now back to being the zookeeper, Thomas and b/n.  Manon’s wand fixed itself and Manon turned to her normal self as well.

Ladybug and Chat noir, both of which had fell from Puppeteer’s control going away, stood up again.  Chat was the first to notice something was off. “Starfire!” He said, bending down to help me get up. I half smiled. “I think I liked you better when you sounded like a five year old.”  I said softly. Ladybug looked around, for the akuma.

My miraculous beeped. Three paw pads left, about to be two. “It’s gone, Ladybug.” I told her. Ladybug looked confused. Chat put my arm over his shoulder.  I pushed myself away from him, tripping on thin air. Using that ability really took a lot out of me each time. “I have t-to go. It’s too o-open here it’s not s-safe.” I said.

My throat felt raw suddenly.  Chat half smiled. “I know a place near here.  It’s close enough, I can get you there fast. I found it by accident, nobody else knows about it.  You’ll be safe there. I’ll leave right away, I promise.” He whispered to me. I nodded slowly. Chat grabbed my waist and pulled me close.  I caught a glimpse of b/n watching before Chat lifted us with his baton. My miraculous beeped again.

I didn’t see the garden until we were already inside of it.  I inhaled in shock. Chat set me down carefully. The trees provided a thick canopy that kept all of the flowers hidden.  My miraculous beeped again, this time repeating much faster. I was going to detransform any second now.