Chapter 17 (what now?)

Your POV

I made sure Adrien was in his room before leaving.  I grabbed my sword and changed it to a whip.  I swung to the roof of my house.  Ladybug swung over too.  "Any luck?"  She asked.  I nodded.  "Yeah.  I found Adrien and got him home in one piece.  Though he might be shocked for a while.  What about you?"  I asked.  Ladybug shook her head.  "Nothing.  Plagg disappeared and I have no idea where he went."  Ladybug said.  Both of our 'phones' started to ring.  Ladybugs yo-yo doubled as a phone.  While my charm could also be a speaker.  We both hesitated to answer.  I tapped my charm.  "Hello?"  I said.  "Hey, where are you guys?  I get back and your both nowhere to be seen.  I heard about the missing kid."  A voice said.  I froze.  "Chat?"  Ladybug asked.  "Lb?  Your there too?"  The voice said.  "We're both here, your on speaker."  I said.  "Okay, where are you?  I'll come there."  The voice said.  I looked at Ladybug.  "We're by the tower.  You can meet us there in a few minutes."  Ladybug said.  

"Sure thing."  The call cut off.  "The tower?  We're not even close to there."  I half yelled.  Ladybug smiled.  "It's to see if it really was Chat."  She explained.  I nodded.  "Right.  Good call."  I added.  "Thank you."  Ladybug said.  The two of us swung over to the tower and waited.  "There."  I said softly, pointing to a black figure.  I tapped my miraculous charm.  "I'm here."  The voice said.  "At the tower or on it?"  I asked cautiously.  "I'm on the tower."  They replied.  I ended the call, exhaling slowly.  I stood up.  Ladybug stood too.  The figure saw us and came over.

Chat landed in front of us.  "What happened?  You just disappeared.  You wouldn't answer our calls."  Ladybug said.  Chat rubbed the back of his head.  "Sorry.  I lost my miraculous and couldn't find it.  I think someone took it off me.  My kwami found it and returned it."  He explained.  I shifted my weight.  "If that's true.  Than why was Plagg with me and Ladybug for a while?  If you just 'lost' your miraculous?"  I asked.  Chat hesitated.  Ladybug's yo-yo beeped.  "Hey, Lb.  Where are you and Starfire?"  Chat's voice said.  I looked at 'Chat' in front of us.  He looked mad now.  "Great, he just has to ruin it."  He said.  "He's akumatized!"  Ladybug said.  We both jumped back.  The fake Chat made jump toward me.  I was closer to the edge of the building so we fell to the ground.  I pushed 'Chat' off and backed up.  "Who are you!"  I yelled to him.

 'Chat' laughed.  "It's me, Chat noir."  He said innocently.  I growled.  Another Chat jumped down.  "The heck?"  He said.  I groaned.  "Now how is this supposed to work?"  I said.  Both Chats looked exactly the same.  Ladybug jumped down.  "Great, a double."  She groaned.  I had an idea.  "Ok, the real Chat noir can answer each of these questions correctly."  I said.  I looked to Ladybug.  She nodded.  "Who was the first person the three of us fought as a team?"  I asked.  This was a trick question. "Pendritte."  One Chat said.  "Stone cutter."  The other said.  I smiled.  I walked over to the Chat's side that answered first.  "Trick question.  Stone cutter was the first villain we fought.  But we weren't a team then.  Only the real Chat would know that."  I said.

The other Chat growled.  The real Chat smiled.  "Nice job figuring that out.  I knew you would Starfire."  He said.  I nodded.  The fake Chat's shape started to change.  "What?"  I said, surprised. The figure ran at me.  We rolled until I separated from them.  They stood up, an exact replica of me.  I growled again.  They growled back.  "Here we go again."  Ladybug said.  Chat smiled.  "Okay, the real Starfire could answer this question truthfully."  He said.  Chat winked.  I half smiled.  Knowing Chat, this was going to involve something with a pun.  Chat didn't say anything right away.  "Do you like me?"  He asked slowly.  I felt my cheeks heat up, thankfully my mask hide it.  

"Like, like, like?"  The other Starfire asked.  I took a step back.  Chat groaned.  "That's something she would say, and do."  He said.  He turned to Ladybug.  "Your turn Lb."  He said.  Ladybug nodded.  "Gladly."  She answered.  "The real Starfire will know this."  She started.  "Where did we first meet when it wasn't during a fight?"  She asked.  "Trick question.  We never met when it wasn't a fight."  They said.  I rolled my eyes.  "We met by the tower.  It was around eight o' clock.  It was after the first time I showed up for an akuma attack."  I answered clearly.  Ladybug nodded.  

I grinned.  The other Starfire growled.  Her form changed again but this time it was a person in a camouflage suit.  I jumped back.  Growling, I made my way back to Ladybug and Chat.  "Nice thinking Ladybug.  No one else would have known about that meeting."  

I said cheerfully.  Ladybug nodded.  I watched the person.  "My name is Lord disguise.  I'm here for your miraculous' hand them over and I'll let you live."  She said.  I growled again.  "No.  I think we're just purr-fect with them.  Thank you very much."  Chat said.  I held back a laugh.  I remembered something.  "Guys. Lord disguise is the name of the hero with the chameleon miraculous.  That means that the person was akumatized while they were transformed."  I said quickly.

 Chat nodded.  "True."  He said.  "So what now?  We can't attack someone who's not under control of themselves.  Their a hero, or was, we can't just do anything like if this were a normal attack."  Ladybug said.  "Their akuma has to be in the miraculous.  It makes the most sense."  I whispered to Ladybug.  She nodded.  

I took a step forward.  I swung my whip at Lord disguise.  It wrapped around his legs.  I pulled the whip back and made him fall over.  Chat, Ladybug and I jumped back onto the roof.  "We need a plan."  Chat said.  I nodded.  "They want a miraculous, so let's give them one."  I said.  "I can risk letting you two know who I am."  I said.  "No."  Chat said.  "None of us are showing our identities."  He added.  I nodded slowly.