Chapter 37 (Pupper master or Puppet?)

Your POV

I couldn’t tell how long had passed until Adrien came back.  “My father said it’s okay for you to stay. I’m sure that your brother is okay y/n.  Maybe…” Adrien trailed off. “Maybe what? Maybe what Adrien?” I said, sounding more worried than I wanted.  “Maybe there’s an akumatized villain and you brother was taken over. He might not have known what he was doing.  I’m sure he would never do that to you if he was in his normal mindset.” Adrien assured me. I nodded.

The fruit snacks, water bottle and granola bars were resting on the floor where I had thrown them down.  Adrien picked them up slowly, I helped. We put them in a box and set the box aside. I touched my miraculous once. Why had b/n acted like that? Was there really an akumatized villain that was controlling him?  I’d never heard of any akumatized villain being able to control someone like that.

It didn’t make any sense. I checked my phone. It was…Ladybug who had texted me? ‘Look, I don’t know who are are outside of the battles.  But I know that you are Starfire. I’m messaging you because there is a villain at the TV station.’ There was something else, sent a few moments after it. ‘Her name before being akumatized was Manon. A friend had been babysitting her and gave her a doll when she had to leave.  It was a doll of Lord Disguise when he was akumatized. Apparently, she can control the person through the doll. I’ve found out that she also has mine, Chat noir’s and your dolls as well. That I know, there is no Rena Rouge doll. There are Sandboy, and Animan dolls as well. She calls herself ‘Puppeteer’.  I don’t know if you’ve gotten any of these, but if you did, please get here as soon as possible.’ There had been five minutes since the last text was sent. I took a breath. ‘I’m on my way, don’t worry.’ I sent, and stood up.

“Adrien, I’m going to go check on b/n. Maybe if he left the apartment, I can look for clues as to why he was acting like that.  You don’t have to come with me. I’m be fine on my own.” I told him. Adrien looked like he wanted to say something else but didn’t. I forced a smile before heading out the door. “This seems like it's going to be very difficult.” I said. I took out the box the Master Fu had given me, maybe one of these would help? I closed the box and looked around.

Which ‘Starfire’ should I go as?  I took a breath. “Yin, Yang combine!” I said. I sprinted to the TV station. I saw Ladybug there. “Ladybug! Sorry I’m so late, I didn’t see your messages until a few moments ago.” I said, slowing down. Ladybug turned. I froze. “Starfire, had over your miraculous.” She said. Ladybug’s voice sounded like a five year olds, Manon’s five year old voice.

I took a few steps back.  I was too late, Puppeteer had already used the Ladybug doll against us.  Ladybug had no conscience of what she was doing whatsoever. A growl came from my left.  Animan Sandboy, and Lord disguise walked out. I took a few more stores back. Puppeteer came out, the dolls she was controlling were floating around her.  Manon was wearing all black, with purple in a few different places. I growled half heartedly. There was no way I could get to her without hurting any of the others.  

I half reached for my miraculous but stopped myself from revealing its location. I bared my teeth at her. “You’ll never win!” I said, taking my sword out. Animan turned into an albino alligator and snapped his teeth at me.  I slashed my sword at the air between us. All I had to do was break the same items as the first time. Animan was the bracelet charm. Lord disguise was… the watch he had on. There was no way it was the actual chameleon miraculous charm again.  Sandboy was his pillow. I took out the ‘phone’ I had and ran. The only two that could reach me were b/n and Ladybug. But they didn’t know what I had planned. I called Chat noir.

The familiar tune of ‘Cat got your tongue’ played. “Chat noir! Get your furry little tail to the TV station as fast as you can!  Ladybug has been compromised, Lord disguise is here as his akumatized version. Animan and Sandboy are back. The akumatized person is called Puppeteer. She can control anyone, if she has their doll. She has your’s and she has mine. I don’t know which one of my forms she has as the doll, but I don’t think we should take the risk-”  I said. Ladybug jumped on top of me from the side, sending my sword tumbling. The phone was cut off. I dodged her the second time and leapt to grab my sword. I stood up and just barely managed to avoid a yo-yo to the face.