Chapter 47 (A lifeline in the dark)

Your POV

Chat stayed standing there, hand extended.  I took a breath, grabbing his hand. Chat helped me stand up.  He didn’t let go once I was up though. Instead: he grabbed my other hand.  “I’m here for anything you need.” He said gently. I nodded, blushing fiercely now.  Chat smirked. He enjoyed doing this, I could tell. Chat let my hands go. I turned again and continued to make my way to Adrien’s house.  It was, thankfully, silent, the rest of the way. I jumped down into an empty alley. “Yang, daylight.” I muttered. Yang hid in my purse, I gave him a few fruit snacks to regenerate his energy.  I needed both Yin and Yang to be at full power for tonight’s patrol. I walked over to the gate, quickly buzzing the button. The gate unlocked, I closed it behind me. I was surprised to see Adrien wasn’t waiting by the stairs.  I went up, trying to stay quiet while doing so. Just in case anyone was sleeping, I didn’t want to wake anyone up. Going into Adrien’s room, I went over to the couch. I laid down slowly, after taking my shoes off. I looked at the window for a few seconds before letting my eyes close.  I didn’t realize someone had came into the room, until the light turned on. I yelped softly, sitting up quickly. Adrien was standing by the light switch. “Sorry y/n, I didn’t know you were sleeping.” He said quickly. I looked around slightly. “It’s okay Adrien. I only just got to sleep a few minutes ago anyway.”  I said, running my hand through my hair. I felt bad for lying to him, even if it was to protect him. Adrien shifted his weight. “I’ll let you go back to sleep.” He said sullenly, turning the light back off. I laid back down, but didn’t go to sleep again. ‘Did something happen?’  I thought.  I wanted to say something, but I didn’t.  I let my eyes close again, not really going to sleep this time.  I laid there until it hit midnight. ‘Better get started…’  I thought, sitting up.  I could tell Yin and Yang followed me to the bathroom.  I closed the door halfway and opened the window. “Yin, Yang combine!”  I said quickly. I went out the window and closed it behind me carefully.  I used my whip to swing over towards the tower.

I crouched on a building facing the landmark and looked around.  It was, somehow, peaceful at night. People were going to sleep, and only a few cars driving around.  I sat down, crossing my legs and let my eyes close for a few seconds. For a while it was just like that, peaceful.  Then I heard someone land behind me. I half turned, expecting to see Chat noir there. But I couldn’t see anyone, or anything at all for that matter.  I rubbed my eyes, my sight still didn’t return. There was a weird laugh. “How can you fight without your sight? You might as well give up your miraculous Starfire.”  A voice said. I growled, bringing a whip and a sword out quickly. I took a deep breath to calm myself down. There was a grunt, followed my something crashing into me.  I scrambled to get up, turning my whip into another sword. I pointed one to where the voice had come from and the other to whatever had crashed into me. I growled to show I wasn’t afraid, even though I really was just that.  I couldn’t fight without being able to see where I was swinging, or what at. I could hurt some random person by accident, or even one of my teammates.

There was another laugh and whatever had crashed into me came a step closer.  I growled again, baring my teeth. “Careful, Starfire. It’s only me.” A voice said.  It sounded like Chat noir. I shook my head, trying to make the laugh stop. “What’s wrong?”  Chat asked. I kept both swords raised. Something touched my hand gently, lowering the sword it held.  I could tell it was Chat noir again. I lowered my other sword. “What did you see?” He asked. I shook my head.  “That’s the thing, I didn’t SEE anything.” I said quickly. I growled, hearing the laugh again. “Hey, what is wrong with you?  There’s nobody here but us.” Chat said, I heard him take a step back. “You don’t hear that laugh?” I asked, confused. It sounded pretty loud to me.  “What laugh?” Chat asked. I growled, hearing it again. “That laugh! How can you not hear it?! It sounds like it’s right under us!” I exclaimed. Chat made a sound.  It sounded like a hiss. My arms were pinned to my sides, making my swords fall and hit the roof with a dull ‘clank’.  “Let go of me!”  I growled. “Not until you tell me what’s gotten into you!”  Chat said. He sounded worried, yet uneasy at the same time. I tried looking in the direction his voice had come from.  “Look at me, Starfire.” He said sternly, yet in a tone I didn’t recognize. I growled lowly. “I can’t!” I said through my teeth.  Chat’s grip on my arms loosened slightly. “What do you mean?” He asked. “I mean I can’t see ANYTHING! What don’t you understand about that?!”  I growled. My arms were let go of. Chat made a grunting sound, like he was being pulled away. “Little wolf pup doesn’t have any friends now.” The voice teased.  I growled, opening my hands and summoning my swords again. Something kicked me from the back, sending me almost off the building. I whined softly hitting, what I guessed was, a chimney.  “Did that hurt?” The voice asked in a dull tone. I pushed myself to my hands and knees, trying to pinpoint the source of the voice. “Oh lookie here, the pup is trying to get back up.” The voice said.  I growled back. “Oh… all bark… and no bite. Just like all little pups.” The voice taunted. I stood up, shakily, only to be knocked down in another direction. “A pup can’t fight without its sight now can it?”  The voice said creepily. It sent a shiver down my spine. I stood up again, holding both swords. I closed my eyes, having them open didn’t help anyway, and just listened closely. I heard a movement coming quickly from my left, and swung both swords at it.  I heard a rip, like fabric was tearing. “What you little-” The voice said, cutting themselves off thought. Clearly, I had hit my target. “Lucky shot Pup.” The voice said, from somewhere else. “Call me that again.” I growled, raising one sword towards the direction the words had come from, the other sword pointed down still.  I heard the movement again and reacted the same way, with the same exact result. There was a hiss in retaliation. “This pup has got some fight left I see.” The voice said, it sounded like it was above me, and very annoyed. I growled loudly. This person was really starting to get on my nerves now. “Call me pup… one more time…” I snarled.  I heard the sound of something falling from above me. “Does the pu-” The voice started. They couldn’t finish because I had turned one sword into a whip and caught whatever had been falling. “That’s what I thought.” I growled.