Chapter 30 (sleepover)

Your POV

An hour later, we had gone through so many rounds.  I was now in Adrien’s lap, he had to look over my shoulder to see the others. (everyone is sitting down)  Marionette had to kiss Nate and Ayla was letting Nino hold her hand.  Everyone had blushed at least once. Ayla smiled. “Adrien, truth or dare?”  She asked. Adrien was silent for a while. “Dare.” He said smirking, he had clearly underestimated Ayla and her tricks.  “I dare you to kiss y/n, on the lips. You can’t go into a different room, you have to kiss right here.” She said, grinning.  Adrien waited for me to get up. I sat on the floor next to him. I was seriously blushing now. Adrien and I faced each other.  We stood up. “It has to be at least two seconds.” Ayla added quickly.

Dammit, she knew that plan. Adrien was blushing as hard as I must be.  I leaned towards him, Adrien did the same. I closed my eyes as out lips touched. Ayla squealed. Adrien and I pulled back, blushing still. I was blushing even more than before, if that is even possible, in the first place.  Ayla looked very pleased with herself. I hid my face in my hands. “Ok, Nate truth or dare?” Adrien asked. “Truth.” Nate replied. Adrien smiled. “Do you or do you not possibly have a crush on Ayla?” Adrien asked. Nate’s face turned bright red.  “No.” He said, looking away. Adrien laughed. Nate asked the same thing to Nino.

We went through about thirty more rounds before Ayla yawned. “Okay, time for bed.” Ayla said. There was three rooms and six people. That means everyone would have to sleep with someone.  Ayla seemed to read my thoughts. “Everyone pair up. Marri with Nate. Me with Nino and Adrien with y/n.” She said. I cast Ayla a glance as Adrien and I went into one of the bedrooms. I wasn’t sure how the sleeping arrangements would be. Adrien and I agreed to share the bed, luckily the bed didn’t move when either of us moved on it.  I stared at the ceiling. It didn’t seem that I was going to be getting much sleep unless I was actually tired.

I couldn’t stop thinking about Adrien’s dare. I got up, making sure Adrien didn’t wake up and went to the bathroom. Yin and Yang followed me. “I’m never going to be able to sleep.” I said. Yin nuzzled my hand. “Going for a run?”  Yang asked. I nodded. “Yin, let’s light up!” I said in a whisper so I didn’t risk anything that involved waking Adrien up. That would be incredibly hard to explain to him without telling him that I was Starfire.

I snuck out the window and onto the roof.  I looked around, waiting for my night vision to kick in.  When it did, I made sure my whip wouldn’t fall down and leapt to a different building.  I made my way across the rooftops and down the same route twice. I didn’t even notice when someone started following me.  I jumped over a ledge and turned in the air. “Light beam!” I called out, the beam lit up the roof and surrounding air for the five seconds it lasted without hitting anything.  “Woah!” A voice said. I tried to slow my breathing. I squinted. It was Rena Rouge, Ayla. I sighed. “Sorry.” I said. Ayla came over slowly. “What was that?” She asked.

I closed my eyes.  “My ability in this form. If you were to be hit, even a little bit, you would have been blind for about fifteen seconds.” I said. Rena Rouge nodded. “Sorry for starling you.” She said. I nodded.  “It’s fine, I was out of it more than normally. I probably should have been paying more attention.” I said. Ayla nodded. (You call her both names in your head but will only say one out loud depending on the kind of situation you are in.)  “What are you doing out here?”  She asked. I shrugged. “Couldn’t sleep.  I needed some time to think alone. This is the best way to do it.”  I said, motioning around us.

I couldn’t shake the weird feeling. Something really didn’t make much sense.  “How did you know I had snuck out?” I asked. Rena Rouge shifted her weight. “I didn’t know you had snuck out.  I was coming out and saw you. I was checking who it was.” She explained. I nodded. She seemed to be telling the truth.  I walked over to the edge of the building at sat in the edge. Ayla sat next to me. “Something wrong?” She asked. I shrugged.  “I kept thinking about b/n.” I said, technically not a lie, just, a half truth. I didn’t know what else to say. Ayla would never let it go if I told her I was really thinking about the dare she had given Adrien most of the time.  Something moved somewhere down the street.