Chapter 35 (Back to normal)

A light flashed. I opened my eyes. I pulled back from Chat noir, and the hug I was in. I made sure my hand was out of his. What the heck had happened? Both Ayla and Nino were there. "Have you by any chance seen a villain by the name of Oblivious?" I asked. Ayla shifted her weight. "You already defeated him. It was, sort of, both of us." Nino said. "Oh. Okay. Pound it? Pound it!" The Ladybug, Chat noir and I said in nearly perfect sync. I'd gotten really good at doing that.

We fist bumped quickly. Ladybug's earring flashed. She had to leave. "We make a good couple don't you think?" Chat said. I rolled my eyes. "We are not a couple. I've already told you, I'm in love with another person Chat noir! We are part of a team, that is why we win against whatever Hawkmoth decides to throw at us. That's the only reason this team works out the way it does. Your charming little kitty act is part of the reason we get distracted so much and end up in more danger than before." I took a breath.

I put my hand against my forehead, I had a headache suddenly. That certainly didn't seem right, this had never happened while I was Starfire before. "Besides, I don't even remember what happened after showing up here." I said, half growling, motioning around the roof.

Just saying that I had a crush on someone sent chills down my spine, even if I never bothered to say his name. Chat turned my head with his hand. Ayla had a picture of... us? Kissing!? I held back a growl at her. "Well one thing's for sure. We would make a pretty good-looking couple. We ARE meant for each other, m'lady. You're the only one who doesn't see it...yet." He said, his voice took on the usual purring tone he used too often.

My miraculous beeped once, three paw pads left. I didn't even remember using my ability this time. I growled again. "This conversation is not over. We are talking about this next time." I said, grabbing my whip and swinging away. I found a place to hide. "Yin, Yang decombine." I said. I found the bus again. Both Ayla and Nino got on last. They explained everything that had led them to being akumatized. Ayla sat next to me on the ride back. I put my hand on hers and smiled. Ayla forced a smile back. "It really is a fun game, y/n. You just need to find the right partner." Ayla teased, glancing around the bus.

I blushed and covered my face with my hands. "Ayla, stop saying that!" I said through my hands. I didn't look up until I felt the heat from my cheeks go away almost completely. I saw Adrien watching me from the corner of his eyes. His cheeks had a slight tint to them as well. I looked out the window again. The rest of the day, school was out. The trip came back earlier than expected so classes were still going on. I went to the park. My phone was almost dead. It had been charged when I had gone to the tower. Yin and Yang peeked out. They seemed to know what had happened.

"Did I miss something? I swore my phone was charged when we got to the tower." I said. Yin and Yang exchanged glances. "I'm guessing you won't tell me anything?" I guessed. "Sorry, y/n. There's just some stuff that we can't tell even you." Yin said. I sighed. My phone buzzed. I turned the battery saver on and checked. Ayla had posted a photo. I groaned.

"I can't believe that I kissed Chat Noir! Ayla just posted it too!" I said, half screaming-half whispering, people would notice that. There was a news video as well. I clicked it. I watched the video. It showed everything that happened, up until what I remembered. I watched as I jumped in front of Chat noir, blocking a beam from Oblivious. Chat dropped down, it looked like he was going to try to pick me up, but ended up getting hit himself. Ladybug used her yo-yo to get us both inside the elevator. Ladybug had lipstick in her hand and looked like she was drawing something just as the doors started to close. A purple beam hit Ladybug right before the doors managed to close completely. I held my hand to my mouth. We must have woken up with no memories, and still defeated Oblivious somehow. Imagine what we had found out, before Ladybug's second power gave us our memories back.