Chapter 39 (second 'shoot')

Your POV

Time skip

I ran across the rooftops as Starfire, using both Yin and Yang.  A yo-yo swung at me. I caught the string before it hit me directly in the face.  I followed the string, hoping Ladybug had a good explanation for that action. I gasped and dropped the string.  Ladybug didn’t look like herself. Her full outfit had been inverted. It was black with red spots, instead of red with black spots. 

I took a few steps back. Her eyes were golden now, not their normal light blue. Ladybug laughed. She demanded I hand over my miraculous.  I growled. “Never!” I said, taking my whip out and swinging it at her. Ladybug dodged easily. I turned and had to jump to dodge her yo-yo again.  I caught a glimpse of something in Ladybug’s hair. It was a hair clip, that had to be where the akuma was. Ladybug never had it before. I had to get that clip.  I knew it would be hard since Ladybug had more experience than me in fighting. But I knew some of her techniques. She didn’t know what I could do, not that much anyways.

If I could just figure out what was going on, how Ladybug had been akumatized, I could figure out how to stop her.  I knew I couldn’t just leave, she would just follow me. I couldn’t just fight her, Ladybug had more tricks then what I knew of. She probably had a plan to figure out how to defeat me.  I growled again. I had to think of something. Maybe if I could get through to Chat noir, he could help. I clicked the button on the bottom of my whip and the end retracted.

I clicked on Chat noir’s photo, a black kitten, and turned to run as Ladybug tried to wrap her yo-yo around me.  Chat’s dial tone went off. “Dammit Chat.” I growled. I dialed again. It wasn’t cutting off, that would mean Chat wasn’t transformed. It was dialing twice and then ending. He was hanging up on me! “Not cool Chaton.” I growled under my breath. I tried to track where he was. It said Chat noir was in front of me.  I looked up. Nobody was there. The tracking function said Chat noir was right next to me. What in the world was going on? I changed the phone back to my whip and turned to face Ladybug again. She didn’t slow down, sending us both to the ground. I flung my whip out, hoping to catch a building, but I couldn’t.

We hit the pavement, somehow having twisted apart.  Ladybug and I landed separately. The impact knocked the breath out of me. I forced myself to get up. I had to do something to stop this. “Snap out of it!” I said to distract Ladybug. While she replied, I used my whip to snag a fire hydrant and swing it towards Ladybug.

The hydrant was heavy enough that I managed to get closer.  Ladybug pushed the hydrant off of her and stood up. I brought out my sword and kept the whip in my other hand.  I swung my whip around and blocked Ladybug’s black and red spotted yo-yo with my sword. I turned to catch her off guard and quickly change my sword to a whip.  I swung both whips out. One caught a buildings roof and the other wrapped itself around Ladybug. Good thing my weapons were unbreakable. I swung both of us to a roof.  I grabbed the hair clip. I froze seeing it. It wasn’t a hair clip as I had thought. It was an ornamental piece. The clip was shaped like a paw print. The paw pads were red, like blood.  I growled and crushed the clip. The akuma flew out. There was a flash being quickly followed by a deafeningly loud, and familiar, growl.

I shot up with a small whine.  I took multiple deep breaths. That HAD to be the worst dream I have had yet.  I heard Adrien move. “Y/n? Are you okay?” He asked, half asleep still, from his voice.  I nodded, even though Adrien couldn’t see it. “Yeah- just a- bad- dream.” I said in between breaths.  I closed my eyes for a few seconds and opened them again. I could see Yin and Yang watching me. I stood up.  “I’ll be right back.” I whispered, even though Adrien probably went back to sleep.

Yang had a ‘This-can-not-be-happening-so-soon face’.  I closed the door. “Okay, I have a feeling you two know what happened. Would you care to explain why these dreams keep getting worse and worse?”  I asked, my voice sounded hysterical at the end.