Chapter 56 (weed wacker)

Adrien’s POV

I followed the vines.  They went into a different room once in a while, someone was always in the room.  Without fail, they were each bound like y/n had been, but less tightly. Y/n had to have been caught as Starfire, and been trying to break the vines.  They had tightened when I tried breaking them, so that had to have happened when y/n was doing the same thing. The vines all led to a large opening. Ladybug must have still been distracting Draven because he wasn’t there.  I looked around carefully, looking for where the vines were all connected. One spot held a very thick vine. This had to be where they were all sprouting from. “Cataclysm!” I said quickly, destroying the plant. The other vines disintegrated.  That had to have worked. That had to have affected Draven. Maybe the akuma had been in the vines that whole time. Sprinting back, I saw y/n had been released from the vines. But she was on the ground, on her hands and knees. I could hear how rough y/n’s breathing was.  She would have performed a quick switch and de transformed. But her breathing had never been that hard. The vines must have been draining her energy somehow. “Miraculous Ladybug!” A muffled voice shouted from above ground. Ladybug must have seen the akuma. The ground disappeared, coming back in the grass.  Everyone that had been underground had been transported back to where they had been pulled under. Y/n looked around, probably disoriented. My miraculous beeped.

Your POV

The last thing I could remember was Chat noir asking if I was okay.  Now, I was back on the grass and in the park again. A f/c and s/f/c rose was right under me, but it seemingly disintegrated by just touching the air.  I heard a soft beeping, someone’s miraculous was timing out. I could just make out Chat noir leaving. He had done it, Chat had found the main root and destroyed it.  I took another deep breath. “Must have had a draining effect on me.” I muttered, standing up slowly. I almost fell over, but caught my balance. I could see other kids standing up too.  How many had been pulled under by Draven? “Y/n, are you okay?” A voice asked. I looked around. Ayla was there. She must have been released when the akuma was purified as well. “Nice to see you too.”  I said softly. Ayla looked worried. “You felt the vines draining your energy too?” She asked. I nodded. “Yeah, had to do a quick switch after ten minutes, de transformed about ten more after that.” I half explained.  Ayla nodded, helping me stand up. I looked around. “How long do you think we were under there?” I asked. Ayla shrugged. “I don’t know, maybe all day. It was morning when I came here to look for you again.” She said. I nodded.  “Guess we have to catch up on what we missed.” I joked. Ayla nodded. “You okay y/n?” She asked. I half nodded. “I think so. Just tired, but that’s just what comes with this right?” I said. Ayla nodded, half smiling. It seemed like a lot of other students that had been underground were confused as to what happened.  Maybe it was just from being under the ground. I could somewhat remember what happened, but it started getting blurred when Draven asked if I realized LB and Chat weren’t coming to save me. Maybe that was when the vines started draining my powers.

Ayla and I made our way towards the school.  It was one place we could start at and find easily.  Then, at least, we could call someone to pick us up. Once we got to the school, I realized Yin and Yang were missing.  I’d thought they were resting in my purse, but when I checked, they were gone. “Oh no…” I muttered. “What is it y/n?”  Ayla asked. I looked around quickly. “Yin and Yang! They’re not in my purse!” I whispered hurriedly. Ayla half looked around.  I saw Trixx peek out from under Ayla's ombré hair. “Trixx, do you think they went to Master Fu?” Ayla asked. “Maybe.” The fox kwami replied.  “But wouldn’t they have said something?” I inquired. Trixx hid, someone was coming. Ayla grabbed my hand, making me run along with her. I still wasn’t feeling the best, so I was half trying not to fall while trying to keep up with Ayla.  “Ayla slow down! I’m still don’t feel good!” I said, trying to catch me breath. Ayla slowed down, letting my hand go. “You’re don't?” She asked, slightly winded from running a block and a half. I nodded. “Must have been because I used both Yin and Yang.  Quick switches wear me down, those vines weren’t helping very much either.” I half explained, leaning against the wall slightly. Ayla had to catch her breath too. “Guess doing patrols are helping our stamina, huh?” I asked lightly. Ayla nodded. “Yeah, I could barely keep up with you before.  Though Adrien seems pretty capable of keeping up.” She commented. I half nodded. “Well, Adrien is probably used to running. I guess he just did track at one point.” I replied, standing straight. Ayla had caught her breath again by now. We were both getting used to higher durancy tasks since we started being Starfire and Rena Rouge.  “We should check with Master Fu. Maybe Yin or Yang got hurt and they both went to him.” Ayla suggested. I nodded, hoping that really wasn’t the case.

We had to loop around in case whoever Trixx had sensed, was still by the school.  It was actually getting kind of dark now. Ayla and I got inside the complex and made our way to where Master Fu lived.  “What’s he like?” Ayla whispered. I’d forgotten she hadn’t met Master Fu before. “He’s nice. Sometimes he can already know what you’re going to say, which I find creepy, but that’s just how Master Fu is.”  I explained. Ayla nodded. Once we got to the door, I knocked. Master Fu had that same expecting look he sometimes wore when he knew what you were going to say or ask. “Is it okay if we come in Master Fu?” I asked, since Ayla hadn’t said anything.  “Of course.” Master Fu replied. We sat down before saying anything. “Did you see Yin and Yang Master Fu? During the most recent akuma attack, I’d been captured. The akuma was trapping people underground in the park, to use as bait to get Chat noir and Ladybug.  The vines, I think, were being used to drain both mine and Rena Rouge’s energy. Yang couldn’t hold on anymore so I switched to Yin. I told Yang to find Chat noir, since he could use ‘Cataclysm’ to destroy the source of the vines. Vines grow from a single root and then spread out from there.  If you cut the roots, the white things dies.” I started explaining. Master Fu just sat there, listening, it was still kind of creepy since I knew he already knew about all of this. “Chat noir did come, but I had timed out and de transformed completely back by that point. He seemed worried, but I told him about the main roots.  He had to have found them because Ladybug was able to purify the akuma and everyone that had been underground, was back where they had been pulled under.” I continued. Ayla, who had been looking around most of the time, spoke up, “I’m Ayla, but you probably know that. I saw y/n trying to stand back up. We walked over to the school and were there when y/n saw her kwamies were missing.  Trixx came out, since she had to recharge from transforming me, and gave up the idea to ask you.” Master Fu sighed, at least that’s what I think it was, and stood up. Wayzz came out. He looked worried. I looked around. Yin and Yang weren’t anywhere in sight.

This didn’t seem like a good thing.  What if they had gotten hurt and were just lying near the storm drains somewhere, like Plagg had been when I found him after he was separated from Chat noir?  “I understand your worries. Yin and Yang did come to see me.” Master Fu started. Something about his tone of voice didn’t exactly reassure me everything was fine.  “Something happened to them, didn’t it?” I asked. Wayzz pulled out a small gong. It was the same one that had been used for Plagg. Two small cots were set up under the gong.  I didn’t have to be that close to know who were in the tiny beds.

(I never expected this book to run for so long.  Seeing so many people reading it was a great boost.  I’m thinking for ending this book and making a sequel.)