Chapter 18 (who are you??)

Your POV

We ended up deciding to pretend to give up our miraculous'.  I would distract them.  I needed to make it believable.  I jumped down.  "Ok, Lord disguise.  I give up, I'll give you my miraculous."  I said.  Lord disguise smirked.  "About time.  I knew you would give in."  Their voice had changed slightly.  Lord disguise charged me.  They knocked me over and reached for my necklace.  "Miraculous Ladybug!"  A voice called.  Ladybug had snuck up on Lord disguise and took his miraculous off.  

I scrambled away.  "Good job with the distraction, Starfire."  Ladybug said.  I nodded hesitantly.  "What's wrong?"  Chat asked.  I looked at the person.  The person got up slowly. Looking around, they saw us.  "W-Who are you guys?"  They asked.  I froze.  "B/n."  I whispered.  Chat looked at me.  "What?"  He asked.  I took a step forward.  The person moved back.  I stopped.  "I-I can't tell you right now"  I said softly.  Chat nodded.  "Look, you were akumatized.  We stopped you.  You still have your miraculous, we didn't take it off you.  What's your name?"  Ladybug asked slowly.  He nodded.  

His eyes met mine.  I swore I saw a flash of remembrance.  It faded quickly.  "You can trust us.  We won't hurt you."  I added softly.  The person nodded.  "My name is b/n.  I was in hiding because my identity was found out.  A man gave me my miraculous.  I remembered someone who meant a lot to me, how she must think I'm dead.  The next thing I know, I'm here."  He explained.  I felt my eyes water for the first time since I was five.  I took a step back.  "I need to go..."  I said quickly.  I used my whip to swing away.  I was at my house before I heard someone following me.  I turned to see Chat.  "Are you sure you're okay?"  He asked calmly.  I nodded.  "I- I know him.  I can't say how, or why.  I just know who he is."  I said.  Chat nodded.  

He walked over and gave me a ones armed hug.  I hugged him back.  The wall I built up was cracking.  A few tears slipped out.  Chat rubbed my back slowly.  "It'll be okay, Starfire.  I promise it will.  I'm here for whatever you might need."  He said in a comforting voice.  I nodded, pulling back I stood back up.  "I need to go.  It's getting late."  I said in a poor excuse.  Chat nodded.  "I'll see you m'lady."  He said.

I nodded, waiting for Chat to disappear before going into the apartment.  "Yin, Yang de-combine."  I said.  I sat in the couch, my face in my hands.  I didn't really talk to Yin or Yang for the rest of the day.  It wasn't until Yin reminded me of something.  "Y/n, don't you need to turn in the art project today?"  She said.  I nodded.  "Yea, I do.  Thanks."  I said great fully.  I grabbed the model and the poster.  I rolled the poster up and put it in my bag carefully.

 I held the model carefully on my way out the door.  I needed to say something before the school came into view.  "I'm sorry you two.  It must have been annoying to see me like that.  I wasn't mad at you, I hope you know that."  I said quickly.  "We know Y/n.  We understand."  Yang said.  I smiled.  I held onto the model carefully and made my way to the doors.  "Y/n!"  A voice called.  Ayla nearly knocked me over in a hug.  "Woah!  Ayla be careful.  This is what Adrian and I were working on.  If it drops, it'll break.  There is not enough time to start over."  I said.  She took a step back.

 "Oh sorry.  Look at this!"  She said, holding her phone for me to see.  It showed the recent fight.  It also showed Chat noir attempting to comfort Starfire, who hugged back.  The caption said 'Could there be something else betweenx these two?'  I nodded.  "That's sweet."  I said slowly.  Ayla nodded.  "I know.  I could see them from my window last night.  I swore I heard Starfire say that the villain was family.  It was something like that.  She just stopped in front of the apartment where I was staying the night.  Chat showed up and said something but I couldn't quite hear.  Starfire answered and Chat hugged her.  I'm so going to start posting ship art for them."  She said.  I held a growl back.  

There is nothing between me and Chat.  I thought.  "I don't know Ayla.  It might not be like that at all.  Maybe Chat was trying to console Starfire.  It might not have been anything in a romantic way."  I said.  Ayla nodded.  She was still going to post the art, I could tell.  "Well, let get inside.  I need to make sure Adrien knows I brought this."  I said, motioning to the model.  Ayla smiled.

Adrien was looking out the window when Ayla and I came into the classroom.  "Mrs. L/n.  Mrs. Brown.  Nice to see you two finally decided to join us."  Mrs. Kandy said.  "Sorry Miss.  I was running a little late.  Ayla helped me get ready."  I said, making up an excuse as I went.  The teacher nodded.  Adrien looked over.  He half smiled.  "Hey, Y/n."  He said gladly.  "Hey Adrien.  I brought our project.  I would've brought it in sooner but my mind was somewhere else these past few days."  I said.  

Adrien nodded.  "Ok, I could take the poster if you have it."  He said.  I nodded.  I took the poster out and handed it to Adrien.  He unrolled it.  "This looks better than last time I saw it."  He said.  I held a laugh back.  "I didn't change a thing since you last came."  I joked.  Adrien turned away.  "R-right."  He said quickly.  There was a bell.  "Attention students.  Today everyone will meet in the auditorium during lunch.  We're celebrating a special day and will congratulate our new students on days well done."  The loud speaker said.  The class cheered.  I looked around.  Adrien had his head in his desk.  "What that about?"  I whispered to him.  "My dad decided to let the school host a during lunch party for my birthday today."  He said back.

 I didn't realize Adrien's birthday was TODAY.  "Oh.  Well Happy birthday Adrien."  I said.  Adrien nodded.  Maybe he was embarrassed about it.  Mrs. Kandy dismissed the class early.  Lunch came soon enough.  I had to make sure the model didn't fall or break in anyway.  Adrien only cheered up when Nino showed up.  "Hey Adrien, your dad actually came though."  He said happily.  Adrien smiled half heartedly.  The principal stood in the stage.

 "Welcome students.  Help yourselves to the food.  Today is Adrien Agreste's sixteenth birthday.  Let's wish him a happy one.  We're also here to congratulate Mr. Agreste on his new clothes line!"  The principal said loudly.  The school clapped.  Adrien half heartily thanked everyone.  I towed Adrien to the table and handed him a slice of cake.  "Cheer up.  At least it wasn't a party at the mayors house."  I said.  Adrien nodded.  "Yea.  Thanks Y/n."  He said.