Chapter 26 (the after math)

Your POV

Adrien had called his dad to tell him he was going to be late coming back. Ayla told her parents that she was going to stay the night with me. They both had decided to come with me to the hospital. Nurses and doctors were running around trying to both help b/n and tell me he was going to be fine. B/n was rushed into an emergency room while Adrien, Ayla and I had to wait outside the room.

I had finally stopped crying. Adrien put his arm around me again. He said something about being sorry he didn't follow me when I left. None of this was his fault, it was mine. I was the one who went down that street. I was the one who didn't run away as soon as the gun was pulled out. I'd never been that scared in almost my whole life. The wall I had built up all these years had been washed away with the flood waters. It was like I was five years old again, nothing was making any sense to me anymore. How had my brother managed to survive being shot the first time? How did he know I would go to the school I was? Had b/n planned this before our parents were...killed? A nurse walked up to us. "Are you three the ones who came with?" She asked. I nodded, standing up.

"Okay, I need to take down names and what relationship you are to him." She said. Adrien stood up. "Adrien Agreste, I'm y/n's friend." He said. Ayla stood up. "Ayla Césaire, also y/n's friend." She said. I looked at the nurse. "Y/n l/n, sister." I said. The nurse wrote everything down. "Ok, I'll be right back with some papers you'll need to fill out." She said before leaving. I sat back on the chair. Before sitting, both Adrien's and Ayla's phones rang. They both went in opposite directions to answer it. I looked up. A black and purple butterfly flew towards me. I stood up and took a few steps back. I backed into the wall, there was nowhere to go. I closed my eyes a took a deep breath. "Nice try Hawkmoth. You won't get me." I whispered. The butterfly flew away. I wanted to see b/n but I knew it had to wait.

I sat back on the chair a closed my eyes again. I leaned back and let the subtle voices fade away. A scream made me jolt up. "Come here! I need to fix you!" An angry voice said. I looked around. People were running away from someone. I could tell they had been akumatized. I held my miraculous and looked around for a place to change. I had to duck underneath a table to avoid being crushed. "Come on dear, let me fix you." The akumatized person said.

I held a growl back. "No thanks, I'm fine. In fact I'm outta here." I said quickly, running for the exit. I realized a nurse had to have been akumatized. The akumatized person followed me. I had to get out of here. I saw the staircase and made a jump for it. The nurse threw a chair. It landed in front of me before I could open the door. "Paw'don me, but I think the young girl said she was fine." A voice said. A black cat crouched on the windowsill. "Chat noir!" I said quickly. Chat leapt over the nurse. He took his baton out and extended it. "You get out of here, I'll hold her off." He said. I nodded. I moved the chair out of the way and ran down the stairs. I went into a custodian's closet.

Yin and Yang came out. "That was close y/n. Are you sure that you are up to fighting?" Yang asked. I nodded. "I'm positive that, that is the nurse that was supposed to be looking after my brother. If anything happened to him, she got upset or mad. Hawkmoth takes any chance to create a victim." I said, not really answering his question. "Yang, let's darken." I said, transforming into Starfire with a black and silver suit. I closed the closet door behind me quietly before running up the stairs. I found Chat avoiding chairs and tables. "Well, looks like your not as much as a lady's girl as you think Chat noir." I said landing next to him. "Nice to see you too m'lady." He said. I shook my head.

"Any idea where the akuma is?" I asked, avoiding a chair. Chat shook his head. "She hasn't done anything but throw chairs. Hasn't even said her name either." He said. I rolled my eyes. "I know that she's a nurse. Maybe if you pretended to be hurt she would let her guard down. Then we might be able to find the akuma. Hopefully, Ladybug shows up before then." I said. The nurse growled. She threw another chair. Chat leapt over it and landed. I found my way to the window and opened it. Chat nodded toward my direction. I made it look like I jumped out the window and crouched under a table. Chat sat on the floor. He managed to make a pained face and held his leg. I had to admit, he was a very good actor. The nurse came over. "Is the kitty hurt? Let me fix you." She said slowly. The nurse brought out a rod. It was black and looked like a good spot for the akuma. Chat winked at me under his hair, which he had pulled over his eyes to hide them, since you could tell from his eyes he was faking.