Chapter 29 (what next)

Your POV

The last thing I remembered was hearing Hawkmoth say something about ‘endless power’.  Now, I heard faint beeping. I could hear whispering but I couldn’t make out what was being said.  Wherever I was, I couldn’t tell if I was Starfire or not. I hoped I wasn’t, that would be really dangerous for myself and if anyone found me.  

“Anything yet?” A voice asked. “She still has not regained consciousness but we think she will in the next couple of days.” A different voice replied.  Consciousness?  I thought.  “Y/n, please wake up.”  A small voice whispered.  It sounded so familiar. It took a minute to place the voice.  It was Yin. I waited for a few seconds but there were no other voices.  I opened my eyes slightly. My vision was slightly blurred but I could make out Yin and Yang on my chest.  I smiled slightly. I looked around. How did I get in a hospital room? “Y/n!” Yin’s voice said. I looked back at them.  I smiled again. “We were so worried!” Yang said quickly. I pushed myself against the pillows so I could sit up a just little bit more.  

Yin cuddled my cheek. The door began to open slowly. Yin and Yang ducked under the pillows. Someone with blonde hair walked in with their head down.  Adrien sat on the chair without even looking up at me. “Please be okay y/n. I don’t know what I would do without you.” He whispered. Adrien had obviously meant that for himself but he couldn’t have known I was hearing him since he didn’t look up.  I smiled. “Isn’t that cute?” I said, my voice was strained. Adrien’s head jerked up. “Y/n!” He said quickly. Adrien threw his arms, awkwardly since I was partly laying down, around me in a quick hug.

I hesitated before hugging lightly back. Adrien pulled away.  “What were you thinking y/n?” He asked. I looked away. “If I didn’t do something you would have been akumatized Adrien.  It would have better had been me than you.”  I said softly. Adrien put his hand on mind. I looked back at him.  Adrien’s eyes were full of tears that had yet to fall. I didn’t know what to say.  

Turned out, I didn’t have to because the door slammed open, making both me and Adrien jump.  

“Y/n!” A loud voice screamed. Another pairs of arms wrapped around me. When the person pulled back, I was it was Ayla.  “What did you do to get yourself akumatized?” She said quickly. I felt a slight blush rise to my cheeks. “The akuma was going towards Adrien.  He didn’t see it… so I pulled him out of the way. The next thing I know, I’m here.” I said.

My throat felt completely raw. Ayla showed me her phone.  It showed someone is a black and red wolf outfit fighting Ladybug, Chat noir and…a fox miraculous holder? “Another hero?” I asked softly. Ayla nodded. “I know right?  She called herself Rena Rouge. I caught most of the fight in my phone.” Ayla exclaimed. I forced a smile for her. “But nobody has guessed that you were the one singing.”  Ayla added in a rushed whisper. Ayla cast a glance at Adrien. “He already knows.” I told Ayla. Ayla nodded.

“Turns out everyone has been posting and reposting the video.  They all want to know who you are! Some have even been asking for the person behind the blackout to sing behind a curtain.”  Ayla said excitedly. I didn’t answer. Behind a curtain? Like on a stage? I shook my head.

“N-no. I can’t do that!” I said.  Ayla frowned. “But why? It’s not like anyone will know it’s you.” She said, her eyes pleading. I sighed. “Fine.” I grumbled. Ayla smiled.  I still didn’t know why I was in a hospital room.  Ayla took the chance to explain before I could ask.  “I guess you were akumatized when you got scared because you made people see their worst fears.  Chat noir and Ladybug started fighting you but they couldn’t. Ladybug left and came back with Rena Rouge.  Her power was like Volpina’s, but she was good and not bad. Ladybug had somehow gotten fake miraculous’ and tricked you.  You kept calling yourself Darkfire. It’s started a lot of talk that your really Starfire. But that’s not true, is it?” Ayla asked.  I was startled.