Chapter 52 (the big 'show')

Your POV

I shifted my weight to my other leg.  “Y/n, it was an honest guess.” Ayla assured me.  I nodded. “I can tell that.” I replied. We were waiting for Adrien to show up, he had to know someone had gotten it right.  Ayla hadn’t posted that someone had gotten the right person, yet. You had to add ‘yet’ because it would get out there eventually.  “Who was it that comment belonged to anyway?” I asked. “Someone named Aragon.” Ayla replied. I sighed. Sounded like a guy that didn’t get a lot of attention.  Well, they were going to get a whole lot more attention when the interview was put onto the blog. I took a breath. “Did something happen?” A voice asked from behind us.  I knew it was Adrien. “Yeah.” Ayla started, glancing at me. I sighed again. “Someone guessed right.” I said. Adrien didn’t seem to understand right away. “The blackout video, someone guessed correctly.”  I reworded softly. Adrien nodded after a moment. “This is just great.” I muttered. “Y/n, it’s not like anyone will know right away that it’s you.” Adrien said. I nodded. “Every name in that comment was listed before, except mine.”  I half growled. Something flashed across Adrien’s face before he covered it up with a look of worry. I shook my head. Yin was right when she said to control that ‘other side’. I had to keep that in better check from now on. It might lead to someone getting hurt.  The bell rang. “We better get to the auditorium.” Ayla said. Thankfully, neither of them seemed to have taken offense to my initial reactions. It took about half an hour for all of the students to settle down and shut their mouth as the principal introduced the first act.  There really were a lot of people trying different things. Magic shows, some people sang, some danced. Others said a poem or a rap. It actually was kind of nice. Though I was ready to leave the whole time. I was sitting at the end of the third to front row. Adrien was to my left, Ayla beside him.  Then it was Marri, Nino and Nate. I felt like forever before my phone vibrated in my pocket. Ayla said she would send me a message when I should start going back stage. “Wish me luck.” I whispered towards Adrien. “You don’t need it.” I heard as I got up. I went to the bathroom first. I took my hair down (if it’s too short to wear up, ignore that part.)  I looked in the mirror.  “Nobody else is ever going to know.”  I said softly, before leaving the bathroom.  I found my way towards the backstage. Luckily, the open curtains covered the door, nobody would see me.

I waited by the door until the act before me was up.  I grabbed a headset, making sure it was muted: for now.  The act currently on was a comedy act. I could hear everyone laughing.  I swallowed. It almost sounded like they were laughing at me, or about me.  The curtain started to close, I moved to nobody would see me. As people finished their acts, they would go off stage and sit down in the open section.  Mr. Damoclies came back onto the stage. “I know you’ve all been waiting for this act.” He started. The curtains closed completely. I walked slowly over to stand in the center of the stage.  “I know all of you have been trying to figure out who ‘Luna Lovegood’ is, so I won’t make you wait anymore.” The principal said. I closed my eyes as the song started.

I know you've got the best intentions,

Just trying to find the right words to say,

I promise I've already learned my lesson,

But right now, I wanna be not okay,

I’m so tired sitting here waiting,

If I hear one more "Just be patient",

It's always gonna stay the same,

So let me just give up,

So let me just let go,