Chapter 33 (animals are 'fun')

Your POV

Ayla was smiling when I got to first period.  I smiled back and sat down. I sat next to her, we could talk alone later.  “Get any sleep?” Ayla whispered. I shrugged. “You?” I said, taking out the notes.  Ayla shook her head. I half smiled. “Don’t worry, most of the classes should be working toward the making period finals and not new stuff.”  I whispered. Ayla nodded. History passed easily enough. English went the same, quickly. I wasn’t really looking forward to lunch, Ayla would definitely bring up last nights fight.  I swallowed. What wa I going to tell them? There was no way I was going to tell the truth. They might think I’m crazy!

Of course Ayla knew it right away. “So, what did you guys see late night?”  She asked. Everyone looked worried. “The doors in my room didn’t open. Metal bars sealed them.” Adrien said. Nino, Nate and Marri said theirs. Ayla smiled. “For some reason my phone deleted everything.  Even my blog.” She said, I knew it was a lie. Everyone looked at me. “What about you y/n?” Ayla asked. I swallowed. “Well… I saw my brother. It was like I was reliving that night over and over again, but this time I was the one being shot at.”  I said, looking down. I had, had that nightmare before.  Adrien looked apologetic. “That’s easily the worst of all of us y/n.”  Ayla said. I forced a hard smile, to show I was okay even though what had happened.

 Nino talked about going to the zoo this weekend, saying if any of us wanted to come that we could.  I nodded. “Sure.” I said. Ayla laughed. “As long as you don’t pull another one of those tricks in the wolf cages again y/n.”  Ayla teased. I felt my cheeks heat up slightly. Ayla half smirked. I got up and threw my trash away. I didn’t join everyone back at the table again.  I went outside to get some air. Yin and Yang came out once it was clear. “Are you okay y/n?” Yang asked. I nodded. “Yeah. Just needed some air.” I said.  Ayla came over. “Y/n… you know I was just kidding right? I was joking.” She said quickly. I nodded, not really answering. “Adrien looked worried. Are you sure you’re okay?”  Ayla asked. I shrugged. “That wasn’t really what I saw last night.” I said slowly. I took a breath. “I saw Chat noir, but he said he knew who I was. That he knew I was Starfire.”  I said. Ayla sat next to me.

“I’m sure whoever Chat noir really is, he won’t care who you are. Starfire or not, your perfect in your own way y/n.” Ayla said. I smiled. The bell rang.  We had to head to art. I wasn’t really in the mood to deal with Chloe today. Luckily, Chloe was busy talking to her friend. I picked up the volcano and set it on a table in the back. I grabbed the glue mixture.  It would be really helpful if I could finish putting the newspaper strips on today. Chloe eventually came over when the teacher came in. She made a face at the glue. “You don’t have to touch the glue.” I said, putting another piece on.  Chloe made another face and sat down. She didn’t say anything. “Chloe, are you helping y/n on the project?” The teacher asked. I looked up. “Yes miss. Chloe came over last night and helped me finish the structure.” I said quickly. Chloe looked at me, surprised.  The teacher nodded. “Okay, then continue.” She said. I swore I saw Chloe half smile at me from the corner of my eyes. I focused on putting the newspaper strips for the next layer. I had put the last layer on when the bell rang. I put the volcano in the closet and went to the next class.

The rest of the day past quickly.  I hurried the the apartment and changed into more comfortable clothes.  “What are you doing y/n?” B/n asked. I grabbed my purse again. “I’m going to the zoo with some friends.  We’re going to look around.” I said. B/n looked worried. I sighed. “B/n, it’s okay. I’ve gone before. Besides, everyone will be together.  It’s kind of hard to get lost there.” I added. B/n sighed. “Just be careful.” He said. I smiled and nodded. “You know I will.” I said. I met Nate, Nino, Marionette and Ayla in front of the zoo.  I smiled. We went to the mammals first. Nino led everyone to the panther exhibit. He watched the panther.