Chapter 27 (movie night)

When we got to my apartment, the door was already open.  I knew I had closed it before leaving, hadn’t I? I opened the door slowly.  Ayla put her flashlight on and used it the light up the room. I sighed when nothing jumped out.  “Your apartment is creepy at night y/n, I don’t know how you sleep in here.” Ayla teased. I shrugged.  “It’s not creepy to me. I basically grew up here Ayla.” I said. Ayla smiled, it seemed forced.

I turned the TV on and put on some movie about a girl who falls in love with a vampire (sound familiar?). I wasn’t really watching the movie, just the blurred colors.  I could hear perfectly fine but I wasn’t paying attention. I got up and made some popcorn.  “Ayla you can sleep in my room for tonight. I’ll be fine in the living room.” I said, putting the popcorn bowl down.  Ayla made a face. I couldn’t tell if she was going to argue or not. Ayla told me about ‘Starfire’ telling her and other people to run to the bus.  How they hid until the akumatized person was defeated. She also told me how she saw ‘Starfire’ talking to the nurse once she was not akumatized anymore.

 I nodded along and pretended that I had no idea what she was talking about. “So where did you go after the akumatized villain showed up y/n?” Ayla asked at one point.  “I ran outside and hid in an alley a few black away.” I lied, hopefully Ayla couldn’t it was a half lie. The part about running about going down a few block was true. Ayla nodded.  The movie finished when Ayla popped a question I hadn’t been expecting. “Can you sing y/n?” Ayla asked. I froze.

“Why do you ask that?” I said instead of answering. “I wanted to do a contest.  The people who view my blog would listen to someone sing and try to guess who it was. Then the first person to get it right would get to be with me when I interview Starfire. She said she would love to do an interview.”  Ayla explained. I mentally face palmed. I had forgotten about that. “Sure, I guess I could try.” I made up. Adrien had kept his promise not to tell anyone. Ayla smiled. “When do you want to record?” She asked. I shrugged.  “We could do it now. To get it out of the way.” Ayla suggested, it sounded like a plea. I sighed. “Fine, but you have to make sure the phone is recording. Not facing me.” I warned.

Ayla nodded. I stood up, paused the movie, and out on the same song that Adrien had heard me sing.  Ayla set up her phone, with a piece of a pillow covering the camera. Ayla started it. “Hey guys, it Ayla. So I’m doing a contest. If you win, you get to be part of a special interview that I’m setting up with Starfire. I’m here with someone who has agreed to be the subject. They are going to sing a sing.  You just need to comment down below who you think it is.” Ayla posted the video and, this time, held her finger over the camera.

I played the song.  It seemed like forever had passed when Ayla stopped recording.  “That was amazing y/n! I didn’t know you could sing like that.”  Ayla said as soon as she posted the recording. I felt my sheets heat up.  “I don’t know how fast people will guess it.” I said. Ayla smiled. “That’s the point, nobody will think it’s you.  They might just start naming random people until someone gets it.” She said. I nodded. Ayla put on her on the charger she and brought and put a different movie on.  It was the remake of ‘Beauty and the Beast’. Soon both Ayla and I were having a hard time staying awake.

“Time for bed.” I said, as if I was a mother. Ayla yawned. I showed her the bedroom and grabbed a pillow and blanket for myself.  I set up on the couch. This was the first time someone was actually sleeping over with me. I let my eyes close even though I wasn’t tried at all. That night was the first night I didn’t wake up at all. There was no nightmares and no sounds.  It was like my mind had shut off, even the part that made dreams. Ayla was already up when I got up. “That was scary y/n.” She said. I tilted my head. “What was?” I asked. Ayla pointed to the couch. “I said ‘good morning’ but you didn’t even stir.