Chapter 43 (surprised?)

Your POV

I waited for the noise to stop and listened carefully.  Even though I knew something was up, the “Surprise y/n!” still made me jump.  This made everyone in the room laugh. “What are you guys doing here?” I asked.  I looked around the room, it was kind of crowded now. I counted everyone in the room, Adrien, Ayla, Nino, Nate, Marionette, Rose, Juleka, Myléne, and a couple of kids I didn’t know their names, but I recognized from class.  “We heard what happened.” Marri said. “Surprisingly, Chloe posted it on the Ladyblog.  She told everyone what happened.” Ayla explained. “It was Nate’s idea to visit you.” Adrien added.  I smiled at everyone. “I don’t know what to say. Thank you, so much. I don’t think I could have asked for better friends.”  I said. Adrien, I noticed, had a wrapper covered box. He smiled nervously. “I-uh-I got this f-for you y-y/n.” He said, setting it on the bed.  I’d never heard Adrien stumble over his words like that, it was kind of cute. I grabbed the box. I smiled at Adrien before unwrapping the small box.  There was a card inside. The card had a photo of Adrien and I on the front. I opened the card. Inside was the same photo of Chat, Ladybug and I that I had looked at on my phone.  ‘Feel better, purrincess. I hope you never stop enlightening people’s day: especially mine.’ It read. I smiled. “Adrien, it’s so adorable.” I said, looking up. Adrien looked like he was blushing.  Ayla made an ‘awe’ sound. I rolled my eyes, even though I could feel my cheeks heat up. Nate had a piece of paper. He handed it to me silently. I unfolded the paper. It was a drawing of everyone, we were all sitting in front of the school.  I smiled. “This is amazing Nathaniel. I love it.” I said. Nate smiled. The nurse opened the door. “I would love to give you more time, but Miss L/n has an appointment to keep.” She said.

I forced a smile.  Ayla gave me a hug before she left.  Adrien hesitated in the doorway. “It’s okay Adrien, I’ll be fine.”  I said. Adrien nodded and left. The doctor was waiting when I entered the room.  He smiled. “I see you’ve been healing well y/n.” The doctor said. I nodded. “I just want to go home.”  I said back calmly. The doctor nodded. “I don’t see any reason that you can’t go today. But you’ll need crutches for a few weeks.”  He said. I smiled. “Really?!” I asked. The doctor nodded. A nurse came about half an hour later, after everything else was deemed okay.  She brought crutches with her. I had to practice walking with them for an hour or two. When I finally got the hang of it, without falling, I was allowed to leave.  It felt like the first time in forever that the sun blinded me with its light. I looked around. I checked my phone, school was going to end soon. I made my way towards the school when I saw Adrien’s car rolling up.  Natalie stopped the car. “Hi Natalie. Mind if I come in?” I asked. Natalie nodded, the door unlocked. I climbed in, laid my new crutches on the floor and waited until the car rolled up to the school. I could see Adrien talking to Ayla, Marionette, Nino and Nate.  I took a quick photo of them and sent it to Adrien with a message saying ‘tell everyone else that you want to show them something in the car’. I made sure you could see the car window in the photo. Adrien looked at this phone when he got to message. He said something to the others, they followed him to the car.  I scooted to the curbside seat and waited for Adrien to open the door. I smiled at everyone's shock. “Y/n!” Ayla squealed. It was loud enough that some of the other students turned to look. I leaned back and grabbed one of the crutches to get out. There was a bunch of whispers as I got out. “You have crutches now girl?”  Ayla asked. I nodded. “It’s not the best, but it’s way better than staying in that room until the cast comes off.” I said. I couldn't say anything, since I was hugged by three different people at the same time. Marionette, Ayla and Adrien hugged me at once. “Can’t. Breath!” I told them.

The three of them pulled back instantly.  I smiled still. This was even better than I thought it would be.  There was a pissed off growl. “Why is everyone just standing around?”  A voice hissed. I knew that voice. Chloe pushed past Nino. “Oh, hello, y/n.”  Chloe said blankly. “Hello Chloe.” I said, using the same tone. Chloe forced a smile.  “I guess it’s good to see you.” Chloe sneered. I smiled, even though I knew she was probably lying.  “Good to see you too.” I said. Natalie honked the horn. I rolled my eyes. Adrien helped me get back in the car.  The others waved. “So…” Adrien started. “Are you coming to school again y/n?” He asked. I nodded. “I kind of have too.  Though, I’m pretty sure I missed the deadline on the volcano project.” I teased. Adrien chuckled. “About that: Miss. T gave everyone an extra week to finish.  I think you’ll be okay on that. Besides, it’s not your fault what happened.” Adrien said. I smiled. “That’s good. I don’t think Chloe did much on it, it's not like her to do her own work anyways.”