shining - vernseok/218s

Life on the sea wasn't as half as bad as Vernon thought it would be. He thought it would be like those scary horror stories where a storm crashes into the boat and the sea tries to eat the boat whole. It isn't like that at all.

Vernon paced along the deck on the boat as he held the edge of the boat and inhaled an abundance of air. The fresh smell of the salty ocean occupied his nose. He appreciated it, the sea was a beauty being. Like Mother Nature cherishes nature for a reason, Vernon shall do the same.

He hadn't had actually hygienic cleaning for few days since a certain giant 'accidentally' knocked over the whole bucket of fresh water for the week. Vernon felt frustrated but not angry, Mingyu didn't seem like he meant to do it anyways.

Vernon tuned into the conversations on the boat, hearing Mingyu pestering Jihoon and apologizing profusely. Saying the words like it was a mantra.

He couldn't help but let out a chuckle at the pair nearby. Jihoon seemed so tough on the outside, but he just really cares; is what Vernon has noted down ever since he'd got on the boat. It's been, months since he's been home (and would it be bad to say the sea is his new home?).

He just had the itching feeling that a pair of eyes were on him. Not like how Soonyoung used to glare at people or Wonwoo's intense but curious look. Like someone wanted him to notice. Vernon just felt the hair on his arm prickle up a little as he spun around. Maybe it was nothing.

Vernon just saw a small splash of water by a rock and shrugged. Probably a fish that hopped onto rock and hopped off. It was certainly nothing to worry about.

Who is that? He perched on a rock. Jeonghan told him to swim up and try to spook off the upcoming sailors going onto Siren territory. But, a certain man has his eye. A man with flowing jet black hair in the wind.

He could just stare, starstruck as the man was observing something behind him.

"Seokmin!" He heard Jeonghan yell as he jumped and dove into the water. His friends probably need help with something.

Vernon heard someone singing as he stepped below the deck, where the boat had the fresh salt water run through the lowered planks. He felt his hand under until there was a little tug. His eyes widened as he jumped back in shock.

Seokmin had to sit and listen to Jeonghan complain about how Shua and Seungkwan were leaving to get food materials and how he was lonely. He just nodding and smiled before Jeonghan dismissed him with a "Go and see what's up with the boat and why they aren't leaving."

Seokmin sang around the boat as he heard heavy footsteps of boots stepping down the stairs closeby him. He had to take a chance, that the person might be the attractive stud; or it could be another person and he'd be killed on sight. He's a siren of course.

Ooh the oh so scary story of sirens. Seokmin knew about it, people made rumors that they take the humans and then eat them. That's not true, for most sirens. Most of them are kind and love singing.

All or nothing, right? Seokmin encouraged himself as he nodded and swam up, seeing the handsome person's face. He was relieved as he saw the guy's hand reach out as he shot up and held his hand.

"Oh! Hi!" Seokmin grinned, his eyes shaped like crescents as he saw the human jump back in shock. "Oh, a lot, right? Sorry, I just think you're really pretty." He felt a warmth on his cheeks like sunlight had just rested on them. He propped his elbows on the wooden planks and his tail wiggled in the coldness of the water.