believe you - verhan

"Believe me! Please! I did not poison the princess!" He cried, tears bursting out in streams as he pleaded. A sword was pointed in front of his adam's apple by the princess' father.

"Yeah sure, we can't trust a sly piece of filth from the Western Kingdom like you, Yoon. We've heard all the rumors of your womanizer days. You got with Siyeon for the title of uniting the kingdoms." The king rumbled from his chest as Jeonghan felt fear stir in his chest.

He winced as he felt the sword's metal end poke his skin. The empty light blue sky watching with hollow eyes as Jeonghan heard birds chirping. Would this be his death?

"Stop." A gruff voice and clanking of metal chains interrupted his last moments as Jeonghan searched for the voice with wide eyes. "It isn't, Your Majesty, in all due respect, don't execute someone for something Queen Rosalina did."

"N-No, impossible. Prince Vernon, as my son, you will not frame this on Rosalina! She has done nothing but give her absolute kindness and respect towards you." The King stated as he waivered in the beginning.

Jeonghan was interested, watching the exchange of a father and son. Betrayal and disgust. Prince Vernon wasn't backing down.

"Also, wouldn't it be unfortunate for the Western Kingdom to pull out of the trade deal because you killed their heir?" He waved his hands around while explaining, his cacao brown hair shimmering from the blazing ball of heat in the sky.

"R-Right," The King withdrew the sword as he tossed it over in the grass as he faced his son "but what makes you think Rosalina poisoned your sister? Your irrational hatred for her?" The Prince had a face of pure disgust as he scoffed.

"I saw Rosalina do it, and don't you think it's quite odd for her to be gone from your bed in the wee hours of the night? Yes, I followed her to see where she's going, and she put poison in Siyeon's drink." Vernon blinked with a blank stare.

Jeonghan felt like he was an audience to a drama, the wind blew through the prince's hair as his eyes bounced between the royals. Did they forget about him? Could he just, escape?

"How dare you accuse Rosalina? There is no proof to your accusations."

"Suit yourself, Your Majesty." Vernon patted his father's shoulder before strolling out of the fields and into the gardens.

"Little ungrateful brat—Where's Jeonghan?!" The King muttered under his breath until he realized the Western Kingdom's prince wasn't there.

Vernon let out as sigh and pinched his nose bridge while he stepped through the garden. The chains on the breastpocket of his suit clinking together as he moved onto the secret garden. Some place he hid away for an hour to breathe alone.

"Uhmph!" Vernon was walking inside until something or someone ran into him. He looked down, the person was smushed against his torso as the person departed from his body.

Prince Jeonghan? Vernon raised an eyebrow as he helped the other stand. "What are you doing here, Prince?" He asked with a confused tone to his rough voice.

"Aghh, my head—Prince Vernon!" Jeonghan exclaimed as he bowed quickly before attempting to run away from this garden.

A hand latched onto his wrist and gently tugged as he whipped his head around, almost getting whiplash. Vernon was at the other end, a serious face as Jeonghan stared.

"Pardon me, but can you not tell anybody I'm here? There's this one animal that comes around and it only seemed to like me." Vernon murmured as Jeonghan almost let the words slip by his ears.