ccd 3: merry christmas - seokhoon

"No I don't celebrate Christmas" Jihoon shook his hand as Seokmin pouted, leaning closer to his roommate.

"Pleaseee? It's our first year as roomies here and I have to give you a present! What do you want Hoonie?" Seokmin grinned as he started moving to sit next to his roommate.

"First of all, it's Jihoon, and I don't mind not having any presents." He spoke as he got up and got to their shared bedroom. Sitting at his studio chair with the computer and microphone compacted in the corner.

"Please?" Seokmin followed Jihoon like a puppy as he sat on his own bed. Watching Jihoon click keys on the keyboard and sing. Hmm... What to get for Jihoon? Seokmin thought as he zoned out.

"Seokmin?!" Jihoon's voice struck through his ears as Seokmin snapped back from his thoughts. "I asked if you want to go out and eat takeout"

"Oh yeah sure!" Seokmin dug through his drawers full of the same clothes but with different patterns. "You also wanna go Christmas shopping? We can both shop for Seungcheol's present since we both know him well."

"That, actually sounds like a good idea" Jihoon snapped and pointed at Seokmin "takeout and then shopping." He planned and Seokmin made a little squeal of excitement.

"Let's go let's go!" Seokmin grabbed onto Jihoon's arm and moved his head on Jihoon's shoulder. He let out a chuckle at Seokmin before walking out to find a restaurant.

———

"Wow!" Jihoon saw the sparkle in the younger's eyes when he saw Jihoon flip the rice in the container. "Lee Jihoon the best!" Seokmin had a thumbs up at Jihoon while he had a clump of rice in his mouth.

"The food at this place is the best! What restaurant is it from again?" Seokmin asked once he finished chewing. Jihoon bit his lip and simmered in the silence of them; while Seokmin chewed his food and looked up at the older with beady eyes.

"It's actually from my family restaurant, that's why it took so long for me to get the food since my mom was nagging me." Jihoon scratched the back of his neck and gave a small smile.

"Wow! Really? That must be fun!" Seokmin's eyes glittered as he scooted closer to Jihoon.

"Fun, yeah, working all day and dealing with the angry moms" Jihoon rolled his eyes and smiled as he looked at Seokmin. The other had a look he didn't seem to recognize, a look of weakness and warmth.

"I'm sorry, it must be tough." There was silence until he spoke again "Wanna go shop?" Seokmin smiled and laughed at how awkward it was.

"Yeah sure" Jihoon laughed as he got up from their mess of lunch on the dorm floor.

———

"So what should we get Seungcheol?" Seokmin wrapped his arm around Jihoon as they walked across the mall. Looking at the items through the window panels.

"Hmm, since we've been friends for ten years, I think we can get him a stuffed animal." Jihoon nodded, evidently proud of himself as he crossed his arms across his chest and smiled with his lips.

"A stuffed animal? Seriously?" Seokmin giggled at the thought of the oh so buff Seungcheol holding a stuffed animal bunny in his sleep.