bright eyes - hoonsol

Jihoon grumbled, it was courting season in the palace, which either means he has to court or be courted. He crossed his legs while he sat around, staring out of the window in his room. He noticed people were starting to arrive at the place.

Families were walking in with formal wear, women wearing tight cinched corsets while the men had cummerbunds with blouses. Something caught his eye, was that Seokmin? Someone was running across the pavement trail to the palace.

Jihoon felt a smile crack open on his face, one of his friends were here early, at least. He stood, rumbling down the stairs with his slick knee high boots.

"Seokmin!" Jihoon shouted with a grin as his eyes met him and pulled him into a hug.

"Wha?" A voice made a noise by his ear as Jihoon tucked his head into to the other's shoulder.

"Jihoon!" Seokmin's voice echoed out, seeming to just be arriving. Wait.. If Seokmin was there, then who was he hugging? Jihoon froze up and slowly pulled his head from the person's shoulder.

"Oh.." Jihoon bit his lip and looked away. He was embarrassed, how did he not notice how the other person is taller than Seokmin? Therefore he was slightly shorter than the other.

"Hoon! This is Hansol, aka Vernonie! He's my friend, who is also a prince." Seokmin held the shorter guy's shoulders from behind with a smile. "Nonie, this is Jihoon, the reason why the Kingdom is throwing a party, so that he can be courted by a lucky person." Seokmin's eyebrows were wiggling as Vernon nodded.

"Oh, don't remind me of that Seok, I'm having a migraine from the thought of being courted."

"Really? Is it that bad? I think you're a pretty good prince." Vernon spoke finally after a while of just Seokmin and Jihoon chatting, Jihoon just stared into his eyes. They were mixed, chocolate browns with burnt ochre. Beautiful.

"But you've barely known me for five minutes"

Seokmin wrapped his arms around Jihoon jokingly, "Vernonie over here has lots of nonsense to say and he's very sweet, even to strangers." He laughed as Jihoon heard a 'Seokmin it's not good to lie' from Seokmin's plus one.

"But I'm not," Seokmin winked as he headed to Vernon and squeezed his shoulders. "Nonie, we can explore the palace while you show off your devilishly handsome looks." The older teased as Jihoon witnessed the newcomer's ears glow pink.

"Noooo, don't say that Seokmin" Jihoon witnessed the other cover his face with his hnds as Seokmin kept teasing him as he drove himself and the other prince away.

Jihoon watched as their figures diaappeared into the crowds of people in the palace.

After a few hours, the party finally started.

"Hi Prince Jihoon, may I court you?" A prince with plump lips and curled hair curtsied as Jihoon shook his head. The prince had puppy eyes as he nodded sulkily.

"May I," The next prince growled, "court you?" The prince had tiger hands as Jihoon lifted an eyebrow. He shook his head again as he caught Seokmin in the corner of his eye. Jihoon ran off as he heard an "aww man" from the prince.

He attached to Seokmin as Seokmin jolted. "Oh my god, you scared me Hoon!" Jihoon let out a little giggle as he saw the younger prince there, he shrunk a little behind Seokmin.

"People have been trying to court me.." He complained as Seokmin laughed.

"That's the whole point silly! Let them!"