roses - gyuhao

Minghao crouched down on the concrete, brushing his hair out of his own face while the sun beated on his back with hot light. It was hot, Minghao felt like he was a worm being burned to death on the sidewalk.

He'd been waiting outside of a shop for Mingyu to come back. His boyfriend, Mingyu, suggested to be on a date. 'It's fine Hao' He said, Minghao mimicking his words in his mind as he was outside of the flower shop. Seeing Mingyu struggling with ordering and he kept doing hand motions.

Minghao sighed fondly, how could he not love him? Mingyu was one of the kindest guys out there. He was Minghao's second and hopefully, final, boyfriend. Minghao's ex, Junhui, was his best friend, they tried dating for a while. It just didn't work, they talked less instead of more, it just surprised Minghao that Junhui was the one to suggest breaking up, but he agreed.

A few months later, he found Kim Mingyu, who looked like he was a CEO of a famous company, definitely his own type. Minghao has an exquisite expensive taste, and he flaunts it. Mingyu, ended up to be a son of bakery owners, which Minghao thought was adorable. But Mingyu shakes his head and blushes when they bring it up.

"Myungho!" Mingyu's honey-like voice echoed into his own ears as he spun. Seeing the other hold a white bouquet of roses in his hands. "Look what I got you!" He snickered softly, his canines poking out. Minghao nodded slowly, "Mingyu-ah, you know flowers aren't really my thing—"

"What the fuck?" Minghao cursed as his boyfriend, a tall, six foot and two inches guy, just shoved his head into the bouquet and chomped on some petals of the roses. Minghao didn't know whether to be confused, disgusted, or laugh. Because it's a weird thing to eat roses, plus roses probably don't taste that good; Minghao figured, and finally, it's Kim Mingyu he's talking about. Minghao's crazy about his mannerisms, clumsiness, and talent.

"No no!" Mingyu interrupted as he continued to process the bitten roses with his teeth. "It's chocolate!" He handed Minghao the bouquet for the other to see the slightly melted sides of the roses. Oh. Minghao couldn't help but giggle, he loved this boy.

Minghao took the bouquet in his hand and plucked a chocolate rose petal, placing it in his mouth. Feeling the petal dissolve on his tongue because of his saliva. It tasted sweet, not too sweet, not too bitter. One would assume Minghao would love bitter things, the only bitter things he loves is wine.

Mingyu smiled, finding a bench in the shade to sit on. He patted on the seat next to him, Minghao following his actions and sitting next to him. Laying his hand on the other's smooth shoulder as they continued to finish the chocolate bouquet.

"Who knew? That we would be together for about two years now, just because I bumped into you while doing a bakery delivery," Mingyu expressed a color of peach, a warm color and the color of the taller's cheeks as Minghao leaned over to peck him on the cheek.

"I—I love you." Minghao tried to speak with confidence as it just ended up to be a mumble.

"What'd you say?" Mingyu looked ethereal from this angle, his cheeks red, his hair fluffed up from the humid weather.

"N-Nothing." Minghao faced forward as he ate the rest of the rose. Ignoring Mingyu's pout and tugging on his sweaty arm.

"Please? I want to make sure I heard right." Mingyu explained himself further as Minghao took a deep inhale. Breathing out as he states, "I love you Kim Mingyu. That's it." He examined the puppy-like boy's face for an answer. Deflating as the other kept the sipence ongoing.

"Nevermind that.."

"Wait! My dumb brain was just processing what you said.. You love me?" Mingyu had a stupid smile on his face as Minghao blushed, nodding as he lightly punched the other's shoulder.

"Yes I do.. You big dumbass."

"Oh! Might as well get married now!"

"What— Kim Mingyu! Get back here!" Minghao chucked the empty bouquet in the trash as he chased after his running boyfriend.