boba tea - jisol

Joshua sighed, his arm ached from scooping the boba into the cups around two hundred times today. He rubbed his arm as his co-worker worked. Wen Junhui, was his co-worker, they've known each other since highschool days (and maybe Joshua had a crush on him).

He closed his eyes as he heard the jingle of the door. Joshua brought his eyes up to the stranger who decided to get boba on a thursday afternoon at 6pm. Very specific.

Joshua just watched the guy walk up to Jun, who was operating the cash register. He ignored what order the guy was speaking, and was just staring at his face. He is so hot.

He might've ogled at the guy. But the minute Joshua saw the other's eyes meet his, he turned around as he glanced at his order. A Classic Pearl Milk Tea. Classic.

Joshua started to operate the machine as he poured the tapioca balls onto the plastic cup, concocting the milk tea. Once it was finished, he poured the milk tea into the thin cup and put it through the plastic top scanner.

He grabbed the drink and wrote the name down, 'Vernon'. Cute, he smiled as he passed the drink to the guy. "Vernon, huh? Nice to see you." He gave an eye smile as the guy with curls nodding, returning a full gummy smile.

If he wasn't swooning before, he sure is now.

Vernon was turning away towards the door as Joshua spoke. "Wait!" He felt like this was a moment in a K-drama where they unrealistically fall in love. Maybe he's just making things up, he shook his head.

Vernon stopped, spinning on his heel as he gave finger guns to Joshua. "Joshua, right? Nice to see a pretty boy once in a while." He headed closer to the other as Joshua couldn't help but sport a light pink blush on his cheekbones.

"Th-Thanks, you too, Vernon. You look like a model." Joshua complimented. "Well I've got to go back to my friends" Vernon pointed at the group of guys with a smilea by. Joshua watched as his quickly developed crush left the boba shop. He sighed, leaning his head on his hand.

"You are such a loser." Junhui chuckled as he pushed Joshua lightly. He just hummed along as he watched Vernon's back head to a group of people and laugh. Joshua noticed Vernon point towards him as he tilted his head and waved.

He saw the others wave back while a guy looked starstruck by the way he was stunned. Joshua waved again as he saw Vernon push the guy lightly (and playfully, he assumes).

———

It's been a week and Joshua hasn't seen Vernon since that first encounter. Nice to see a pretty boy once in a while. Joshua felt so giddy replaying that sentence in his head until the door chimed. His head perked up and it wasn't Vernon, just Junhui.

"C'mon loser we're on break for ten minutes while the others take care of the shop." Junhui motioned towards the outdoors. Their boba shop was in the area of a popular shopping market and tiny restaurants and shops.

Joshua followed along, "What do you wanna eat? I'm craving hot pot." Junhui spoke as he slung his arm around the older's shoulders. "Me too, let's grab that after work. Let's just head to the bakery and grab something." Joshua shrugged as Junhui nodded in agreement.

Joshua leaned on Junhui as they walked to the bakery. They entered through the ringing door as the baker looked up and some heads turned around. He noticed something familiar here. Vernon.

He should talk to Vernon here since it's his chance. But what if that's sort of stalker-like and creepy? Whatever, just do it Joshua! His mind bounced back and forth until a voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Joshua?" Vernon turned his head and saw Joshu, walking towards him "Joshua, right?" He nodded as Vernon smiled, putting a hand on his shoulder. Joshua felt buzzing on his skin where Vernon placed his hand.

"You look great today." Vernon murmured as Joshua flushed, looking down and mumbling. "Oh not at all, I woke up sort of late and my dog ran out of the house so I had to catch him."

He heard a sound of heaven, Vernon laughed. His eyes crinkling as his teeth shimmered in the buzzing light of the bakery.

"Hey, Joshua, do you want to date? You're cute, I'm into cute guys. Great match in heaven" He winked and Joshua rolled his eyes with a smile. "Yeah whatever."

Joshua was hiding his inner feelings. The feeling to need to run out of here and run until he can't anymore. The feeling to restrain himself from screaming in joy. His veins were brighter than before, more blooming in his soul.

-A/N
i know this oneshot isn't the best, but thank you for 5k reads!! that's amazing 😍