ccd 16: santa's shift - verchan

Chan was walking along with Jihoon, his older brother, while Seokmin was probably out with Joshua. They walked along the mall hallways, "Should we shop for a present for Seokie? Since he isn't here." Jihoon suggested as Chan thought about it. Nodding as they linked arms, "He likes Disney stuff, right?"

"Doesn't he like ratatouille more? We should get him a shirt of ratatouille!" Chan faced Jihoon with a huge grin. "But he already has a shirt with ratatouille on it"

"That hasn't stopped him from buying shirts of the same thing but different colors!" Chan reminded as they continued to window shop.

"Ho ho ho! Come see Santa! He's arrived at Santa's Workshop!" A terrible attempt at a raspy voice was made as Chan spun around. Seeing Vernon in a terrible Santa costume, who was sitting on the chair and letting kids sit on his lap.

"Hold on hyung, I need to see this." Chan leaned against the winter arch. He watched Vernon as the kids tried to crawl on him.
"Uhhh, uhh off kiddos."

Chan suppressed his laugh as he covered his mouth with his hand. Vernon caught his eye and smiled. Chan felt his heart beat and his eyes dilate on their own. Like, even if his boyfriend is in this ridiculous Santa costume, Chan still finds him attractive.

"Chop! Chop! Santa's Workshop is closed momentarily, Santa is out eating lunch!" A staff announced as Vernon ripped off his Santa hat and silver-white wig.

"Whew, the wig made me sweat so bad. It reeks." Vernon spoke as he hobbled over to Chan. "Hey hey, don't touch me yet, you're sweaty." Chan gripped his boyfriend's shoulders and peeled him from his middle.

"Ugh, fine" Vernon rolled his eyes as he pouted, leaning on Chan's shoulder even though the younger was shorter. "Can we go eat? I'll take you out tonight too"

Chan agreed to it, "Well, we have to spend lunch with Hoonie!" The younger told the older as Hansol shrugged. "He can come if he wants, I was his friend before I was your boyfriend doofus." Vernon poked Chan on the forehead as the younger scrunched his nose cutely.

"So, you been taking care of Channie well?" Jihoon slid over to the pair, his arms crossed with a serious look, even though he had a shopping bag with ratatouille clothes in it. Vernon felt nervous around Jihoon, he had no clue, because it wasn't like he was doing anything bad. It's just that Jihoon's natural aura is scary.

"I'm just kiddin' Vernie, you act like I'm gonna kill you if you hurt Chan." Jihoon let out a hearty laugh as the atmosphere was dead silent. He realized and got serious, "But I will if you do hurt him. Bros before hoes." He shrugged as Vernon's mouth was agape.

"Did he just—did he just call me a hoe?" Vernon turned to his boyfriend in confusion as Chan quickly pulled him aside and whispered in his ear. "Hoon doesn't fully know the meaning of the phrase. I swear your older brother, Seungcheol is teaching him weird things!" Chan whined as Hansol cackled, "It's fine sweet cheeks."

"Did you just call me sweet cheeks?"

"Oh yeah! And am I wrong? You have sweet cheeks both ways." Vernon joked and looked his boyfriend up and down.

Chan stood there like there was a lamp shining behind his nape. He was blushing and he felt hotter than Vernon was in that Santa costume (temperature wise!).

"Are you two coming or no?" Jihoon leaned back to take a look at the couple. "Oh you look so grown up Channie! I remember when you were so deathly afraid of dogs and cats!" Jihoon cooed embarrassingly as Vernon tagged along.

"He still is!"

"No way, really?"

"But a little bit less, he's gotten friendly with Aquarian"

"Hey! Don't tell Hoon that, he's gonna coo again—"

"Aww that's cute Channie, warming up to Vern's cat"

"Oh you two shush and let's eat!" Chan ended the conversation and pulled the two older guys behind him and to the food court.

"I can't believe you told Hoon that I beat him in the game because he wasn't active! He's gonna definitely regain his place in the leaderboard!" Vernon banged his head on the table a little too hard. Chan wasn't too concerned as he chuckled, "Deserved! You shouldn't have messed with me Mister Choi."

"Okay baby" His boyfriend slowly tickled Chan's sides. Chan started to giggle at first, and then full on laugh, his body radiating the definition of happiness as Vernon watched. He kept gazing at the ethereal Chan until his alarm on his watch rang.

"Oh, I have the Santa shift again, I'll see you when I drive to your place?" Vernon raised an eyebrow and reached out a hand to his boyfriend. Chan nodded proudly, "Yeah, you'd make a terrible Santa, by the way Vernonie" his smaller hand holding Vernon's slightly larger one.

"G'bye Chan-ah!" Vernon winked at him and tried to walk away until Chan pulled him back by the arm, pulling him close. Pecking the crown of his head with a big champion's smile.

"Good luck on the shift, goof" Chan teased as Vernon acted sad for some pity point. Chan scoffed and rolled his eyes with a smile seeping from his lips. Yes, maybe he was very fond of his boyfriend.

"Go already! Loser!" He lovingly spoke as he let go of his boyfriend's hand to push him back to the Santa's Workshop area. "You'll miss me too much if you stay here any longer" Chan tried to threaten as Hansol jutted out his burgundy pink bottom lip.

"One kiss at least?" Chan thought he saw invisible dog ears perk up once he agreed, Vernon immediately attaching his hands to cup Chan's slimmer cheeks and pressing a kiss to everywhere on his face he could reach. His boyfriend was really like a dog.

"Goodbye my beloved!" Chan dramatically departed from his boyfriend as he kissed Vernon's spot under his right eye and then sent him off.

"I'll get back, hopefully without the bratty kids ruining my fantastic day with you, Chan." Vernon held his left hand one last time before pressing his gentle lips onto the skin of the back of his hand.

"See ya later, sweet cheeks." Chan didn't feel his face heating up and being red until Vernon was putting the Santa outfit back on and Jihoon finished his shopping route. Returning to his younger brother with arm-fulls of bags.

"Now this, will be a Merry Christmas." Jihoon concluded with a little pesky grin at the bay of his lips.

-A/N
i put his last name as choi for the plot (of cheol being vernon's brother) also because his last name is pronounced the same as cheol's. happy early merry christmas folks!! also thank you so much for 14k reads!