and they were roommates - wonhan

Wonwoo had traveled home for a while for Christmas break. College work had been taking a toll on him mentally as well as physically. He asked Jeonghan if he could take a little trip to his parents' home to relax before the second semester started.

He was blessed enough to have such an angel for a roommate, he said yes. "You're just going to leave me here with all your gaming systems? Whatever floats your boat." Was the more accurate way Jeonghan said it.

It was great, at his home, he met his brother's girlfriend, his extended family, and all that great stuff. He still missed his homey apartment with Jeonghan, the way they would have to whine to their HOA about the broken air conditioning was a fun way to spend the day.

"Hey, you're about to go back, right?" His brother sat with him on the balcony, they were both clicking open beer cans as Wonwoo nodded silently. Chugging the beer while his head was tilted up, not stopping until the little iced droplets of beer were dribbling into his mouth.

"Wow," his brother was in awe, "I wish I could do that." Wonwoo chuckled as he gulped down while wincing.

"It takes practice, maybe I'll teach you next family gathering." He suggested as his little brother nodded along with his lips flattening into a line. "Plus, you need some cool party tricks to impress your girlfriend, huh?" Wonwoo teased as his brother's ears flared a light pink fusing into a red hue.

Wonwoo enjoyed being with his family, the atmosphere was so familiar to him, the game boards, going out for arcades, and drinking felt like home. He did enjoy it, except for when every other day, his brother encouraged him to work out at the gym. And holy hell were those pull-ups hard to do.

He felt his biceps and triceps giving up on him once he finished day one. It's been two weeks since he was away from his apartment, he'd better get back. Before his brother molds him into a gym rat. Also before he gets buff enough to break the table when he bangs his fists on the desk as he pitifully loses games that Jeonghan recommended them play together.

He doesn't know what the older does to those games, it's like he automatically becomes terrible. Wonwoo digresses.

He bid goodbyes to his family, hugging his mom, father, and brother before waving at the family as a whole. Wonwoo moved his small luggage he brought into the taxi. Giving the taxi his address information being getting ready for a two hour drive.

Wonwoo rested his head against the faintly cold window, his breath making the window cloudy as he drew little animals before the cloud dissolved. He was digging in his jacket pocket before feeling the touch of his phone, oh wow. He'd dropped his phone from his mind the moment he'd gotten home.

He hadn't even touched it since the beginning of Christmas break. Wonwoo hoped that Jeonghan wasn't looking for a new roommate, assuming that Wonwoo was dead.

He pressed the button on the side of his phone to see his notifications light up. With texts under the name Hannie.

Hannie
hey wonwoo
you got there yet?
Hannie
wonwoooooo
Hannie
if you dont text me right now
i'm messing with ur gaming system
Hannie
your actions have consequences
Hannie
JEON WONWOO
Hannie
ARE YOU DEAD
Hannie
okay i guess ur not dead
just spending time w your family
have fun wonu <3
cant say the same abt ur gaming system

Wonwoo laughed at the texts to himself, getting a few glances from the cab driver as he awkwardly bowed. Wonwoo put his jacket next to him as he was in a dark gray tee, he had a beanie on with his glasses. He couldn't see without them.