seok-ah - seokhao

Minghao returned from his art class, dropping his bags with a sigh. Paint was all over his clothes. He just wished he didn't have to be a substitute for a children's art teacher. He meant to be a high school art teacher.

Seokmin's eyes brightened once he heard the thump of bags on the apartment floor. He shut off the lights and hid in the corner of the room. Seokmin had prepared this all day, a birthday bash for his beloved. But just for the two of them. He knew how Minghao liked space sometimes.

"Ugh.. What now? The lights?" Minghao glared at the lights that were just turned off. Seokmin should be at work, Minghao figured as he walked under the light to take a peek. Hands reached out and pulled him by the arms as the lights turned on. Minghao was too shocked to say anything.

It was Seokmin, his precious sun, the sun who would light up his shitty days. He pressed a kiss to Minghao's lips and asked, "How are you?" He mumbled as he fiddled with Minghao's sleeves that weren't covered in paint.

"I'm good Seok-ah, just had to be a substitute teacher for little kids for the next three weeks." Minghao drained his energy. The next three weeks, this was only the first day. Seokmin smiled softly as he squished Minghao's cheeks together. "Don't lie to me baby, you're tired and you hate it." Minghao raised an eyebrow and nodded.

"It's okay, I can help." He pressed a kiss to Minghao's plush lips again. "I'll be your teacher's assistant!" He puffed his chest proudly with a goofy smile as Minghao giggled. Touching Seokmin's chest, "You don't need to! I'll be fine with you here. How are you?"

"I'm feeling amazing! It's my HaoHao's birthday and I've got a surprise for him." Seokmin wrapped his arms around Minghao and showered him in kisses. "What present?" Minghao was curious as Seokmin hummed. "Nuh uh, it's called a surprise for a reason Hao."

Minghao was getting really curious. Does curiosity kill the cat? He was getting ready to shower. Stripping off his shirt as he took another peek at where Seokmin was, playing on his phone.

He snuck back into the shower and let out a breath of relief. Seokmin's still there, not doing anything suspicious yet.

Minghao wrapped a towel around him as he dug through the drawers. He held out his silk pajamas. He slipped into the clothes as he walked out of their bedroom.

"Hey Seok-ah, do you want to eat out tonight? I was thinking maybe a sushi restaurant." Seokmin glanced from his phone and gaped. "Wow.. You look stunning." Seokmin walked towards his lover as he wrapped him in a hug.

"You haven't answered my question yet."

"Oh! Uh.. I have something.."

"You have plans?" Minghao frowned, Seokmin hated when his lover was frowning. "Oh no baby, I just—"

"Oh it's okay I can just stay home, paint, maybe drink wine." Minghao hugged Seokmin back softly, laying his head against Seokmin's shoulder.

"No baby I have a surprise prepared, I don't think we can go out tonight." Seokmin pulled away. "Close your eyes babe." He covered Minghao's eyes as Minghao covered his own eyes. "Okay baby."

Seokmin headed back into their kitchen with a box. "Surprised you were so quiet." He mumbled as he grinned. "Open your eyes Hao." Minghao's eyes opened as he gasped. "A.. Puppy?" He grabbed the puppy out of the box as he squished his face with the puppy.

"What's their name?"

"Him, his name is Marshmellow, we can call him Marshie for short!" Seokmin smiled as Minghao laughed.

"He's so cute, you're so cute. Seok-ah this is the best birthday!" He grabbed Seokmin into a hug as he kissed Seokmin's cheeks.