make a wish - haohoon

-A/N
a ship request!! hao n jihoon's so precious i love them both very much! also happy early birthday lee jihoon!

Minghao was placed smack dab in the middle of their apartment room. It was unfurnished pretty much except for their small couch and bed. It was empty, but the space felt good. The windows shuttered the sunlight in the room as Minghao was surrounded by newspapers and an easel.

'Don't make a huge mess on the floor please' Minghao remembered Jihoon murmuring in his ear before heading to his recording studio. Minghao wouldn't admit this, but he despised Jihoon's studio.

Call it concern or jealousy, but Jihoon spent most of his time in the studio and only stunbled into the apartment with eyes glued to the idea of sleeping. Minghao wanted today to be special for the older.

It was Jihoon's birthday, Minghao assumed the other forgot because the only thing he wouldn't forget was Minghao's birthday. Which was sweet, but he wanted the other to remember himself as well.

He'd decided, that since Jihoon would be off early today, (Minghao planned to show up at the studio and drag him out if the other refused), that he would spend time with the other.

He glanced at the ticking clock, the clock struck twelve in the afternoon. The sun was most likely right above their apartment in the sky. The sun was a spotlight for Minghao, he placed the brushes down in their sink. The bristles were littered with specks of paint as he washed them off into the flowing river of tap water.

Once he finished cleaning everything, he crumpled up all the newpaper and put them in the recycling bin. Even if they had a small studio apartment, recycling is good for the environment. Minghao thought to himself as he brought his eyes upon the artwork he painted.

It was two figures near each other, wrapping limbs around each other in a rose red light. Minghao loved it, he let it out behind the window to try to dry it faster. He checked the clock again, twelve fifteen. It sure took him a long while to clean up, he noted to himself as he slung a bag over his shoulder.

Minghao was excited to see his beloved again. If he were correct, Jihoon should be starting or on lunch break at the moment. He quickly headed to the studio by running.

The cars seemed to be zooming past as he ran and eventually ended up at the Universe Factory co. building. Minghao adored the name, it reminds him of his little star, Jihoon. The other always whined at the nickname but Minghao knew he was fond of it by the way the tips of his ears would blush along with his cheeks.

He entered the building and bowed to the many people passing by as he headed towards his boyfriend's studio. Minghao spotted the name and creaked open the door. Oh. There was nobody in the studio when he peeked in the room. Perfect. That means Jihoon's picking up lunch.

Minghao splayed himself on Jihoon's large couch with all the figurines on shelves. He adored how the other collected figurines and he spotted a little charm near his computer desk. A frog charm, his eyes softened. Jihoon probably got the charm because of Minghao.

He watched Jihoon's monitor buffer until the door busted open. Minghao witnessed Jihoon's shocked expression as he sputtered. "Wh-What are you doing here, Eisa?" He couldn't help but let out a hurl of giggles at the nickname Jihoon used.

"For you, little star." Minghao arose from the couch and wrapped his lengthy arms around the other. Snuggling his face into Jihoon's nape and inhaling, smelling the aroma of faint cologne and their watermelon body wash.

Jihoon laid his head on Minghao's shoulder and wrapped his arms around the other's waist. Leaving his arms to rest on Minghao's waist as he pulled his face away from his shoulder and gave a light peck to Minghao's cheek. "What's the special occasion Eisa?"

Of course. Minghao wasn't surprised that the other had forgotten about his own birthday. "Babe, did you forget? We had our fourth anniversary today!" He'd decided to play a prank on his lover and joke around.

Minghao hadn't seen Jihoon's eyes morph into fear so quickly since he'd accidentally brought Vernon's pet salamander into his studio. It was comedic.

"Really? Oh Eisa I'm so sorry. Let me make it up to you right now!" Jihoon ushered himself around and shut off his monitor (Minghao hoped he'd saved his files before doing that).

"Okay, no need to rush, whose birthdays are in November, baby?" Minghao's hands held Jihoon's tensed shoulders to try to relax him.

He watched as Jihoon's eyes changed from fear, panic, and to thinking. Jihoon's lips brought out a small pout as he looked at thhe ceiling. "You and, me? Me? My birthday!" Jihoon's eyes lifted and crinkled into crescents as Minghao nodded. He saw the genuine form of happiness in his arms as Minghao pressed kisses to Jihoon's jaw and neck.

He knew the older was ticklish there as Minghao tried to maneuver the both of them onto the couch. Jihoon sat on his waist as he just wrapped his body around Minghao. "Thanks for reminding me Eisa, I swear I'm so forgetful" He shook his head with a smile as Minghao bit his lip from a smile.

"No need, I'll remind you of who you are, my precious person and the greatest produced in the universe." Minghao cupped Jihoon's face and stroked his cheekbones before pulling him into a kiss.

Jihoon melted into the warmth of the kiss. Minghao's kindness and how he's so thoughtful of him makes Jihoon feel guilty. Like he doesn't deserve Minghao, then he remembers how Minghao is to him compared to others.

"Babe, we're getting out of here right now, you're always working overtime. Let's run away for a while, make memories." Minghao offered and Jihoon was puzzled.

"But I still have to complete—" Minghao brought his index finger in front of the other's mouth. "No more completing things, complete me." He winked and Jihoon rolled his eyes, feelings of excitement bubbled up.

Now the tables are turned, Jihoon was cupping Minghao's face as he brought his lips to his own and nibbled on the younger's bottom lip. "Oh you are so—" He cut Minghao off as he dove in for a kiss and held onto Minghao's face.

"I love you Eisa."

"I love you too, my little star."