(be)witched - wonhui

-A/N
if you saw me put this title for the seoksoo fanfic,, no you didnt

Junhui was wandering around his neighborhood park that was near his college, but dangerously close to the woods. It was sort of eerie but calming in a way. The dark sheet of black covering the sky with only the moon and stars shining through the sheet of darkness.

It was supposed to be Halloween soon, he didn't know what to dress as. He'd be a catboy, but then Jeonghan would refuse, saying he's already a catboy (which he doesn't deny).

He was zoning out in his thoughts until he heard a meowing. Strange, there's nobody else here. Junhui looked from side to side, searching for anybody who made that noise.

BONK!

Junhui's glance shot up above him. The weight on his head was, well, heavy. "What in the—" Junhui held his hands up gently. To grab the creature with bright green glowing eyes. "Oh, kitty! How'd you know I've been considering getting a cat?" He asked the cat like the animal could understand.

"Yeah, but Mingyu's afraid of cats, even though he's over six feet tall, can you believe that?" Junhui was exasperated at his roommate's strange fear of cats.

He decided to look at the cat to see if the creature had an owner. Unfortunately, it did. Not it, but Junhui doesn't know the kitten's gender. He lifted up the cat, putting his hands under the cats armpits as he looked, down there.

Oh, so a guy. A sliver of reflecting gold light hit Junhui's face as he flinched. He examined where the light came from, a collar. With a nametag. Junhui tilted his head as he looked at the cat's collar. Reading the nametag, 'HADES'.

Huh, no owner contacts at all. Junhui shrugged, "It's dangerous for kittens like you to stay out here. Come with me, I'll find your owner soon." Junhui cradled the kitten in his arms as he strolled back to his dorm.

"What is that!" Was the first thing Junhui heard as he opened the door to a surprised, and maybe scared, looking Mingyu as he hopped to the couch, cowering behind it. Junhui couldn't help but laugh.

"This isn't funny hyung! I told you I'm scared." Mingyu whined and got all sulky, his lips jutted out as Junhui sat next to him. Hades crawled out of Junhui's lap and padded towards Mingyu.

"This is a cat! Save me Junhui!" Mingyu screeched as Hades creeped closer towards Mingyu, then settling on the taller's shoulders. Wrapping his body around the back of Mingyu's neck. Getting comfortable.

"This... Is a good cat, where'd you get it?"

"Him, his name is Hades, and I found him while walking to that creepy nearby park."

Mingyu's eyes almost popped out of his sockets as he stumbled over his words, "Wh-What if this is a cursed cat? It-Hades needs to go!" Mingyu clung onto the other as Junhui shook his head.

"He has an owner already, I'll try to find his owner tomorrow morning."

———

For the last month or so, Junhui had been attempting to find Hades' owner. He went to the park with Hades, asking nearby people walking if he was their cat. It was always a 'no'. Junhui felt bad for Hades, so he would give him Mingyu's leftover food.

Hades was an excellent cat overall. He never scratched the bed or couch, and he only meowed when he wanted affection. Which Junhui found endearing. He frowned while he laid flat on his bed, looking at the ceiling as Hades settled on his chest. That was rising up and down from his breathing.