love like you - soonhao

tw // death, murder, blood

I always thought I might be bad, now I'm sure that it's true.

Minghao gazed up at his glimmering sword. He held his hands behind his head while he laid. Shutting his eyes, he has a mission, he doesn't want to complete.

Kill the Kwons.

His minds clouded up by memories of their warmth and welcomeness from when he was on the streets and they found him. Suddenly, his vision was darker and appeared that they were different now.

The king had a heavy desire of power, the mother six feet under. The concubine sat upon the king's lap. Minghao had to deal with that all day being a guard.

"You want a deal? You can escape for a fair price.." Someone whispered into his ear one day he roamed the village. He turned his head to the voice, Yoon Jeonghan. His infamous sneer and his hand wave.

"Impossible.." He responded and shook his head, his thoughts uncovering Soonyoung's precious smile, his hands, eyes, and his face. Minghao rubbed his head to help clear the thoughts. No guard should think like that.

"It is," Jeonghan spoke in his soft tone, reaching to lift his chin up to face him. "just, I have a favor.." Minghao's eyebrow perked up, his curiosity biting his brain to say yes, accept, and leave.

"What is it?" The words spilled from his mouth by accident. Damn his curiosity. "Kill the Kwons, not the prince, I know you fancy him," Minghao's ears burned at the words. "Kill the king, then you shall runaway with Soonyoung."

Minghao was currently in bed, the moonlight spilling from the stained glass windows. The colors splitting into hues of reds, blues, greens, and yellows. It was a beauty, in another life, Minghao would be able to appreciate the beauty of life. Not when he is forced to protect the king because of repaying the royals.

He got up, his shiny metal chest plate placed onto the coat hanger, which was used for his attire. His feet pitter pattered onto the cool granite stone. Minghao watched out from the window, seeing Jeonghan's figure at the gate. With two horses and an unlit torch, seeming to be faced towards his window.

He sighed, his heart felt like metal was weighed on it. Minghao grabbed his sword, the slight sound of the metal grazing it's cover alarmed Minghao. What if he gets found out?

He shook his head, this is for the greater good of the kingdom, he convinced himself. The king was no longer helping it's people and was now busy with his concubine. Minghao was surprised that Soonyoung hasn't had a half-sibling yet.

Minghao's heart felt heavier at the mention of Soonyoung. He was about to kill the Prince's father, he knew Soonyoung admired his father when they were both younger. Not to mention that he was getting married off to a random princess in a different country.

Now, Soonyoung seemed more gloomy, his smile never reaching his eyes like it used to. His eyes were always low, focused on the floor. Until he saw Minghao and he looked like he's seen a pot of gold.

Minghao's heart lightened slightly, thinking of the Prince only smiling at him. Maybe he was practicing for his future wife. There goes his heart, falling down again.

He edged over to the foyer, approaching the King's room. Seeing the concubine not in bed, she was probably out in the village. She loved bouncing between the royals and the regulars, Minghao assumed.

There he was, hovering over Soonyoung's father's sleeping body. Completely in bliss and unaware that Minghao would slaughter him. Minghao felt pearls of sweat on his temples. His hair messy as he was stress-pulling strands of hair.