itchy - soonhan

"Hyung!" Soonyoung called out while Jeonghan was on his phone, lifting his head from the electronic to find the younger on his own bed full of tiger plushies.

"Yeah?"

"It itches.. Can you find the eczema cream?"

"Of course Soonyoung~" He cooed and Soonyoung blushed, looking down at his tiger plush, squishing it's face before Jeonghan came back.

Ointment in hand as Soonyoung wacthed with round eyes. "Are you just gonna watch me?" He raised an eyebrow and Soonyoung shook his head, sort of flustered that Jeonghan noticed.

"Where is it itching?— Soonyoung I told you to tell me right away when it starts to itch." Jeonghan complained with a pout and Soonyoung knew it was just because he cared for him.

Soonyoung was already itching the area when Jeonghan asked, it was behind his left shoulder, he could barely reach it. He scratched the area since it was bugging him. Like it was a mosquito bite, but worse.

Ever since he found out that there was an actual ointment for his eczema, it's been a lot better since then. Soonyoung (thankfully) didn't have moderate or severe ezcema, just that it would pop up twice or three times a month.

It wasn't bad now, he thought while Jeonghan tried to tug down his loose shirt enough so he could apply the ointment to his soft skin. Soonyoung was lost in his memories while he felt Jeonghan's soft hand rubbing small circles with the ointment in hand. It was relaxing for him.

Recently, he had been stressed for a while, but now it was his time to unwind. Schedules for their performances were around the corner, now it was just the wait. Practicing every day to make sure the choreo was perfect.

"Is it good? Or you need more?" Jeonghan questioned and Soonyoung shook his head. "Okay, just be careful Soonyoung, there was a really red scratch there, it looked like you were almost bleeding. Please tell me, I don't want it to be like the first time." He gave a worrisome look to the younger and Soonyoung nodded.

"I promise." He held out his right pinky finger and Jeonghan snorted. Wrapping his pinky finger along with Soonyoung's. Soonyoung just had a toothy grin plastered on his face while the other held their pinkies togethef.

Jeonghan let go once they finished and pressed a kiss to Soonyoung's fluffy cheek. "Be careful my love." He chuckled as Soonyoung's face reddened nodding frantically while trying to push Jeonghan out. "No more! You're too much hyung!" He blushed and attempted to push Jeonghan out by his arms.

Jeonghan just smirked as he stole a kiss from Soonyoung and then waved his left hand, leaving Soonyoung's tiger plushy filled room. Soonyoung was left there, with his thoughts and his flustered self.

He couldn't help but think to when he first started to have eczema. Soonyoung was around twenty one, it was around the end of their CLAP promotions while Minghao was out for his injury.

——————

"Hoo! It's almost ending!" Soonyoung enthusiastically shouted while the members were heading to their dorms. "How can you be so enthusiastic?" Seungkwan huffed heading to the other part of the dorm to take a shower since they've worked incredibly hard.

He figured he should take one too, Soonyoung just headed to the bathroom, showering. He got out after rinsing his body free of the soap. Soonyoung patted the towel all over his body and then slipped on pajamas since they didn't have any other schedule for the day.

He landed right on his bed happily as he twisted and turned while watching a video on hamsters eating. Someone knocked on the door as he looked up to see who it was. It was Jeonghan, Soonyoung saw his head peeking into the room as he motioned the older to come in.

"What are you doing?" Jeonghan asked and Soonyoung just smiled, showing his phone to the other. It was a little hamster munching on celery as Jeonghan stifled a laugh. "Just some hamsters eating food? Why do you need to watch? We have hamster right here." He teased and Soonyoung agreed.

"Hamster Hosh," Jeonghan mumbled as he ran his hands through Soonyoung's hair. It was unbelievably healthy even though his poor hair had gone through so much hair dye. Soonyoung just hummed as he watched Jeonghan while laying down.

"Agh!" He yelped as Jeonghan immediately stopped the petting. A look of concern washed over his facial expression. "Are you okay Soonyoung?" Soonyoung shook his head and felt like breathing fast.

His body felt like it was on fire, it ached all of a sudden, like he felt like he was being put in an ant pile or into fire. Soonyoung started to scratch his arms rapidly, it hurt, it was itchy. It sucked. Jeonghan just watched, not knowing what to do and beginning to panic.

"Should I call the manager? Should I? What should I—" Jeonghan just spat what was on his mind as Soonyoung kept itching and whining about the pain. "Please please help.." He whined and Jeonghan ran to get the manager.

Thankfully, the day after was a rest day. Soonyoung had spent that whole day at the doctor's with Jeonghan and their manager.

Soonyoung spent his time on his phone, searching up the symptoms for what was happening to him. "I think I have eczema." Soonyoung mumbled while Jeonghan peered over his shoulder, laying his head down and humming, reading the symptoms with him.

Soon enough, the doctor had come in and ran a few tests, looking at his eyes, ears, tongue, and skin. He had been diagnosed with eczema, it was very common. Nothing to really worry about other than the scratching and itching.

Once they had got to the dorm, Jeonghan let out a loud sigh of relief. "You got me super worried Soonyoung!" He slapped the other's shoulder lightly as Soonyoung just grinned. He felt joy that Jeonghan was worried for him.

Over the next two years, he was prescribed with a small ointment bottle (that didn't really last long at all). Soonyoung had no more of the ointment left, it was like a holy grail, it instantly stopped the itchy feeling on the area.

"What should I do?" He peeked at Wonwoo who suggested something so smart, his brain should recieve an award for smartest brain. "What about you search if there's any ointment that is found at the convenient store or something?"

A lightbulb flickered in Soonyoung's brain. Wonwoo was right! He searched with his chubby thumbs and found it.

Now, that ointment was his go-to. A plus, was that the ointment was in a huge bottle. So whenever the eczema would randomly occur, he'd always have it in a bag or purse.

——————

"Soonyoung~" Jeonghan sang from out of the door and Soonyoung snapped out of his memories, opening the door and hugging Jeonghan. Catching the other off-guard as he paused and then returned to hug with full arms.

"I'm just so greatful I have someone like you." Soonyoung got really sappy for some reason, but it felt nice to say the truth. He was really greatful for Jeonghan.

"Aww, no need for the praise, I know I'm the best." Jeonghan pulled away from the hug and puffed out his chest with an all-knowing grin. Soonyoung giggled and tackled Jeonghan, shocking the other as it turned into a tickle fight quickly.

He was so so so thankful for Jeonghan.

-A/N
happy jeonghan dayy!! a oneshot dedicated to how much he cares for every member and how it's really sweet. also, this oneshot is based on my personal experience with eczema since i was diagnosed with it around three years ago. it's gotten a lot better since three yesrs ago and i'm so happy.

also mister jeonghan, i love you so much <3