prologue 1

NOEL KIRKE was cleaning out his grandfathers manor ready for his younger brother Diggory to move in. The house stood stall as green ivy grew up the walls. It was perfect for Diggory as it wasn't to close to any town but also wasn't too far. Inside, Noel and Diggory had added new furniture to the house as their grandfather was quite old fashioned. They had a new sofa, some bed and this wardrobe Diggory had worked hard on. 

When the two boys where younger they had to stay had their Aunt and Uncles due to their mother being to ill to look after boy of the boys. But their Uncle was mad and always kept himself locked away in a room. 

Diggory had befriended a girl next door called Polly but Noel didn't want to be friends with the blonde girl next door as he was grieving his mothers illness and was hoping she would recover soon so he was always in his room. 

One day, Diggory barged into Noels room without permission making Noels blood boil but Diggory started to tell him that their mother, Mabel, wasn't ill anymore. In shock, Noel asked Diggory how he knows making him begin to explain what had happened whilst he was asleep and how their was other worlds, how a witch, who Noel had forgotten the name off, entered England through another world and how he had gotten an apple from a tree in a land called Narnia. Noel had lost his imagination years before and didn't believe his brother even when Diggory was moving in into the manor Noel always hated it.

"Diggory." Noel said catching his attention making him look up from where he was placing books on the shelf. "Where shall I put this?" He gestured towards the heavy wardrobe Diggory had made out of the Narnian tree that had cured their mother.

"Umm." Diggory thought as he had no clue where to put his magnificent wardrobe "I'm sure there would room in one of the attic rooms."

Sighing to himself Noel made his way up the stairs to the attic rooms. Surprisingly, the wardrobe wasn't as heavy as Noel expected. The only problem was that it had an eerie feeling to it.

Once Noel had reached one of the attic rooms, he entered the room he placed the tall wardrobe on the back wall and stood back to stair at is. He turned around to walk away when he heard a magnificent voice sing from the wardrobe.

He couldn't help but feel attracted to the voice so much he forgot about the world around him and only focused on the wardrobe in front of him. He didn't notice that the world outside became dark and rotten which even made Diggory downstairs worry as it was unusual for the weather to become cold so quickly. That's when he realised this happened the same time the witch entered England. That's when Diggory knew that his brother was going to unleash hell.

Diggory sprinted up the stairs, quicker than he had ever ran before, to get to his big brother before some else did but when he arrived he was nowhere to be seen. Diggory walked cautiously towards the wardrobe but when he opened it no one was there. He froze as he could feel like he would be sick at any moment as panic rose. He had lost his brother and didn't know how to get him back.

The summer sun was brighter than ever as it shone on Noels back. He looked around cautiously to find himself not in the attic room but instead outside. The only difference was that this was not the garden outside the manor. It was most beautiful as he looked around whist sitting in the tall, green grass.

That's when he saw her. He saw the girl that was singing as she stared into a lake. Her voice was even more beautiful now that he can hear it more clearer than ever but he could not see her face. He rose to his feet still in a trance and walked towards her.

"Excuse me." He said catching her attention. 

She had emerald green eyes and Noel was sure if you starred into them long enough you would get lost in them. Her skin was tanned but her cheekbone were sharper than a knife. He was brought back to reality when she had caught him staring and answer him with a simple 'yes'. Her voice was more enchanting than her beauty if it was possible.

"Could you please tell me where I am?" He asked as she looked confused.

"Why you're in Narnia. Where else would you be?" She answered as the words Narnia floated around Noels mind. Narnia. Narnia. Where had he heard of Narnia before? Then it hit him. This is the place that Diggory hadn't stopped talking about. He felt stupid for not believing him but his thoughts were snapped when she spoke again.

"You're not from here, are you?" She asked her voice sounding angelic.

"No. I'm from England but I don't know how I got here." He said as he started to look around his surroundings with a frown on his face

"What is your name Son of Adam?" She said with a kind smile

"Noel. Noel Kirke, my lady." He said as he bent down to kiss her hand. Noel had no idea why he had done that as he never had the courage to do that to ladies in England. But he seemed to like what he did.

"Are you lost? Because if you are I dont want you to be stuck here." She asked as she tried her best to look concered.

"I'm sure I could stay a while." He said making her smile. "Besides I don't think Diggory would need much help moving furniture around his new manor." As soon as she heard the name Diggory her smile dropped but she quickly caught it thankfully going unnoticed by Noel.

"Well I could show you my house?" She suggested. "But I must warn you. I'm not a normal girl." 

"What are you a witch?" He laughed but when her head went down in shame he felt bad and stopped laughing. "Because if you are that is very cool. I mean I always wanted to be friends with a witch, when I was younger, so they could help me with me school work." He said making her laugh.

"So you're not scared of me?" She asked and something snapped in his head. He had forgotten all about the stories Diggory had told him about Narnian witches and how not one of them had been nice.

"Not one bit." He said with a smile and that made her smile ever harder. "Now where is your house?" 

"Come on. I'll show you." She said as she linked their arms together. "I'm Medea by the way."

"That's a beautiful name." He said as they started to walk out of the forest. But just before they fully left the beautiful and glistening forest behind, Medea turned back and used her powers to close the gate which Noel had entered as she had gotten what she wanted and she wasn't planning of giving him just so soon.