chapter 9

THEY STARED AT EACHOTHER FOR A WHILE before the icy doors flew open and there she came in. Edmund gulped quite scared if she had found his family or not and Mrs Tumnus moved away from Edmund. She stood tall never letting her guard down as she looked down at Edmund.

"My wolves turn that dam apart, your little family are nowhere to be found." Jadis said quite angry with Edmund. She picked him up by the collar. "Where are they!" She shouted.

"I-I dont know!" Edmund said getting quite scared but he was happy they had gotten away.

"Then you are no longer of use to me. Guard!" She said raising her wand which was a gift from her sister which Hecta left behind.

"Wait!" Edmund said "The beavers said something bout Aslan and another witch." This caused Jadis too lower her wand and Edmund felt all eyes on him. He didn't realise what he had said until he said it.

"Aslan! Witch! Where!?" Jadis asked her eyes started to grow black like how Hecta's grew red if she was angry. Mr Tumnus was the only to notice this and didn't want Aslan's or Hecta's location getting leaked so he spoke up.

"If you would excuse me he's only been here for a few days-" Mr Tumnus groaned in pain when he felt the dwarf hit his head with an axe.

Mr Tumnus caught Edmunds gaze and shook his head at the younger boy. Jadis caught on to this and knew that the faun knew something

"I left before I could hear anymore. I wanted to see you!" He said but she glared at the faun instead ignoring Edmund.

"Guard!" She shrieked loudly.

"Yes, your majesty." The ogre said.

"Release the faun." She commanded. The ogre hits the chains that were hurting Mr Tumnus' skin causing Mr Tumnus to groan in pain. The ogre picks him up roughly and dropped him to Jadis' feet.

"Do you know why your here faun?" She asked.

"Because I believe in a free Narnia." He said which made Jadis give a cruel smile.

"Your here because he-" She said now pointing at Edmund "-turned you in for sweeties." Edmund hung his head down in shame. She then turned to the ugly ogre "Take him." Mr Tumnus started to  cry in pain as he was handled horribly. Mr Tumnus knew his fate when he helped Lucy and he was okay with that.

"Get my sleigh ready. Edmund misses his family." Guilt swarmed around Edmund as he hoped that his family were with Aslan already.

"Now Aslan's camp is just over there by the stone table just across the frozen river." Mr beaver told them as they stood on a tall cliff overlooking all of Narnia in the distance.

"River?" Susan asked.

"It's been frozen for 100 years." Mrs beaver told her.

"It seams so far." Peter said with a slight annoyance in his voice.

"It's the world, dear. Did you expect to be small?" Mrs beaver said with a smile.

"Smaller" Susan mumbled glaring at Peter slightly.

The Pevensie's were currently walking in what looked like it used to be a field full of grass and flowers but it was now snow everywhere. All you could see was snow and the Pevensies were sick of it. They field of snow went on for what felt like days but they saw the end of the forest very close to them.

"Come on, before were old." Mr beaver said to the Pevensies making them groan.

"If he tells me to hurry one more time-" Peter said whilst giving Lucy a piggy back. "I'm gonna turn him into a big fluffy hat."

"Hurry up!" Mr beaver shouted.

"He is getting kinda bossy." Lucy said agreeing with Peter.

"No! Its her!" Mrs beaver shouted at them.

Behind them they saw a white sleigh with reindeers on the front. They had bells on the collars which rung through their ears. Peters eyes widened as he began pulling his sisters towards the forest as quick as he could.

They ran for a while but when they reached the forest they had managed to out run the White witch's sleigh. They then found a little cave and decided to hid in their as quite as possible but as soon as they got in the bells stopped. They all froze as they saw a silhouette of a shadow standing above the cave. It didn't look like the witch so they thought it was on of her followers. But then a smaller silhouette came making them confused as it walked back towards the sleigh.

Hecta started walking back towards Father Christmas' sleigh as he had saw her and offered to give her a lift closer towards Aslans camp.

"Thank you for the ride, sir." Hecta whispered so the Pevensies and the beavers wouldn't hear her.

"You're most welcome, Hecta." He said in a low voice making her smile. "Now before you go off again I need to give you this." He reached for the bag on his sleigh and pulled out something Hecta recognised immediately. 

"My sword." She breathed out and took it gratefully as Father Christmas laughed slightly making his white beard go upwards a bit. "Thank you." She whispered as he nodded for her to go as the Pevensies and beavers were starting to get out of the cave. So with one last look at him she smiled and ran off to hide in bushes

She watched in the distance as Father Christmas gave them their presents. But then had said winter was almost over and Hecta and Peter had the same thought. The river. It wouldn't be frozen anymore. So since she had a little more time then the Pevensies did, she walked around the river instead of crossing it. She didn't feel like dying today as she saw the Pevensies started to come over the hill making her hide again so she didn't scare them as they watched the waterfall become free.