chapter 6

THE PEVENSIES HAD ARRIVED AT THE BEAVERS DAM. It was quite small but look cosy from the outside. It wasn't made out of bricks but instead sticks and wood. Mr beaver had explained to them that he had just finished it. They walked closer to the dam to find a Mrs Beaver waiting for them but she was stunned when she was met by her husband and the four Pevensies. 

They all started to go inside as Mrs beaver said she would make something for her guests to eat. But Edmund had something else on his mind. He decided to look between to where Jadis' house was before going inside as he fanaticised about being a King in the palace.

"Enjoying the scenery are we?" The beaver asked snapping Edmund out of his thoughts as he nodded and went inside but Mr Beaver was smarter than that.

"Is there anything we can do about Mr Tumnus?" Peter asked when they had gotten comfy in the warm dam.

"There is hope dear." Mrs beaver said as she went around handing everyone except Edmund, who was sat on the stairs, a tray of fish and chips. But fish and chips back home was quite different as fish would have breadcrumbs on it.

"Yeah there's a load more than hope.. Aslan is on the move" Mr beaver said dramatically making Mrs beaver slightly roll her eyes at her husband.

"Who's Aslan?" Edmund asked curiously getting up from where he was sat. Which made the beaver to start laughing until Mrs beaver nudge him as she saw the Pevensies confused faces

"You don't know do you?" He asked.

"Well we haven't exactly been here very long." Peter stated.

"He's only the King of the whole wood! The top geezer." This caused Edmund to scoff and go back to his spot on the stairs. "He's waiting for you at the stone table." This peaked Edmunds interest.

"Waiting for us?" Lucy asked confused. She didn't think they were that important.

"You have got to be joking! They don't even know about the prophecy!" Mr beaver shouted which made Mrs beaver cough and nod her head towards them for him to carry on. "Look, Aslan's return, Tumnus' arrest, the secret police they're all happening because of you!"

"Your blaming us?" Susan asked with a look of disbelief.

"Not blaming you dear, thanking you." Mrs beaver said with a smile on her face. But everyone didn't realise that Edmund had walked out of the house. Well everyone except Hecta.

She followed Edmund up the hill. Edmund get feeling like he was being watched but every time he turned around no one was there. This went on from a while until Hecta decided to step out instead of hiding behind a tree like she had done. She was wrapped a black in a cloak and didn't show her face at all.

"Who are you!" Edmund shouted.

"You know what you're doing is wrong, yet u still do it?" Hecta said making him very confused.

"What are you talking about?! Who are you! Show yourself." Edmund said inching closer to her.

"You're disobeying Aslan by going to her Pevensie and you know it."

"Aslan is nothing compared to her!" Edmund shouted now very close to Hecta who started to back away slightly.

"Your right." She said making Edmund step back slightly in shock. "She's worse." 

At this Edmund attempted to reach for her hood but she grabbed his hand and decked him on the floor but her plan didn't work as her hood fell down. It was risky so when she saw Edmund laughing at her she quickly put it back over her face ,letting go of Edmund arm, and looking around for Jadis' followers anywhere.